The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Someone Post Cody Saying He Wanted To Get Traded?

Guest Gumballthechewy

then he deserves an academy award for outstanding male performance for his job in the post trade interviews, he was clearly rocked and shaken by the news; that's not how someone who wanted/requested a trade would have acted. he or his agent might have said something about ice time (most likely his agent) but cody clearly didn't want/expect a trade.

true, and that's why I think the agent went behind cody's back to request the trade or whatever, probably under advisement from cody's father. His agent has a record of going behind the player's back to do stuff/release stuff to the media saying the player wants a trade or insinuating it as a bargaining chip, and his father seems to be the controlling type, and they both probably thought they were doing what was best for cody, even though cody may have not felt that way.

Ed Willes in today's Province writes that Cody "asked to be traded on at least two different occasions," including once just after game seven of last year's playoffs. No sources are given.

Me thinks two weeks is enough for the grievers on here to have reached the acceptance stage of the process.

true, and that's why I think the agent went behind cody's back to request the trade or whatever, probably under advisement from cody's father. His agent has a record of going behind the player's back to do stuff/release stuff to the media saying the player wants a trade or insinuating it as a bargaining chip, and his father seems to be the controlling type, and they both probably thought they were doing what was best for cody, even though cody may have not felt that way.

There is no evidence because he never asked.

The whole MG or Cody saying "no comment", that's just basic etiquette. No one is gonna run down another player or organization, that's just not classy.

But apparently because both says nothing, it must mean Hodgson is a drama queen... I dunno how people come up with idea. Of course, whatever that makes them sleep better at night.

Considering Cody has already hired and fired a few agents in his brief career, I think Cody would be quite comfortable parting w/ Winter's should Ritch have said or did something CoHo did not support.

...as far as I am aware, Ritch is still his agent. Hmmmmmmmm.

"Hey Kes, mind if we give Hodgson your spot?"

"Yes."

We played 5 games in October without Kesler. Hodgson averaged 15mins a game during that period. He managed a goal and an assist. The goal came against CBJ and the assist came against EDM. And we couldn't WAIT for Kesler to come back.

If Hodgson was this 'top-6, Stamkos-like stud' that his agent thinks he is, shouldn't THAT have been the opportune time for him to show it? Cheers.

TOML

Huh, why would anyone ask to be traded after a team lost in game 7 of the finals? That really doesn't add up.

Did the reporter get two sources at least for this? Or is this "damage" control?

I'm thinking we'll never know. And honestly it doesn't matter, the trades been done.

I think I have avelanch's Hodgson defense figured out. On avelanch's bio you can see his website which is devoted to selling Canuck prospect merchandise. Maybe he just figures that his investment in Hodgson merchandise will lose its value if he doesn't make crazy justifications for Hodgson's behavior.

Hows that? Does it make sense to anyone else?

Archived