Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[Pgt] Coyotes @ Canucks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
335 replies to this topic

#331 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,693 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Because if Luongo doesn't get going before the end of the season, our chances of going on another deep run are going to be lowered significantly.

I know Canucks fans like to think that Schneider could just step in and lead us all the way. but that hasn't been proven at all yet. That is just as uncertain as Luongo regaining his form from last seasons playoffs.

Right now it's not about winning, it's more about getting everyone in our lineup at the level they need to be to win in the playoffs. And as of right now, Luongo isn't there yet, so he needs more games to get back on track.

Rather than pander to Lu"s needs and wants, I would like to see AV have the balls to put the team first and handle the goalies like Boston does.
i.e. Boston's last game...Turco starts; lets in some stinkers - gets pulled in favour of Thomas; Thomas lets in a couple softies - he gets pulled and Turco is back in. The message is clear to both goalies. "you are expected to be ready to play and to stop pucks!! If you don't, you will be pulled! I (the coach) will play whoever is doing the best job for the team. "

Earlier this season, Lu played really well after sitting for 7 games while Cory carried the team on his back. Cory has 5 bad minutes and he is pulled and Lu is back to being #1 no matter how he plays - BS!!

Lu should have been pulled at 3-2 lastnight. He was struggling with puck control and largely responsible for negating the team's strong start.

Park the ego and learn to come prepared to play. If he needs to work on things, that's what practises are for. Games should not be a "practise ground" for someonen that can't get their sh!t together. Not fair to the rest of the team (at least those that showed up).

The same standard should be upheld for the rest of the team as well which is why I think BIeksa and Raymond should see the press box and the Sedins minutes cut significantly. PLay the lines that are paying the price and making the effort. Watching Henrik waiving his stick around while Doan stood in front of the net and whacked continuously at the loose puck turned my stomach. Henrik isn't weak but that kind of play is SOFT!!

These guys gave up 5 goals to an offensively challenged, and injury riddled bottom place team. Imagine if they played like this against NYR, Pittsburgh, Nashville, St Lous etc. It would have been a blood bath!!!

WTF up!!!

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 15 March 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#332 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

Exactly

Its what Luongo fans do...point the story in a different direction to take the heat off Lou ...this topic has nothing to do with Bryz....

#333 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

Ive been waiting to say this since July 1st of 2010.

I cannot wait to see Keith Ballard on the ice.

Also: If Kassian is not on the third line with Pahlsson and Hansen, then AV needs to go find himself a new job.

The kid has NO role on this team. He isnt a fighting goon. He has HANDS. He isnt a plug. He may as well be in the AHL right now playing with Schroeds.

He can hit and be exponentially more effective in a bigger role- we saw that when he was put with kesler and booth.

By putting him on the third line, he will hone his defensive awareness-skills, as well as receive much more playing time. A growth hormone for next season where he will have a larger role.

Mason Raymond is done in Vancouver. If he is in the lineup next game, its over. The thing that makes this team so much shi*ttier than last year's, is that very few people have designated roles.

Last year the Sedins were on. Burrows was on. 1st line set.

Kesler was beasting 24/7-365, so he eclipsed any problems on the second line.

Torres-Malhotra-Hansen was biblical.

4th line, although revolving door of wingers, was still effective.

This year, we have 2 centers on the fourth, both of whom should be on the third, but Pahlsson needs to be on the third, Kassian's potential and skill is going to waste on the fourth line, and Raymond sticks out like a sore thumb.

This is the lineup I truly believe we need to ice for Game 1 of the Playoffs:

Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Alex Burrows
David Booth-Ryan Kesler- Chris Higgins
Zack Kassian-Sammy Pahlsson-Jannik Hansen
Byron Bitz-Maxim Lapierre-Dale Weise

Malhotra will be around the team.

Raymond to the press box.

Dan Hamhuis-Kevin Bieksa
Alex Edler-Sami Salo
Keith Ballard-Chris Tanev

And goaltending:

Cory Schneider as starter. Luongo as backup.

The Canucks will not win a cup with luongo in net. Since last year's game 7 SCF loss, I think ive been in shock. I havent bashed on lu at all this season. I think the numbness of the SCF loss has finally almost worn off. He cannot clutch at all. Dont give me the BS "SHARP SAVE IN GAME 7" etc etc.

Game 3,4,6,7 of STANLEY CUP FINALS.

Olympic Gold?

Blowing the lead to Slovakia, and almost losing there.
Allowing the US to crawl back.

Hawks part 1
Hawks part 2

Anaheim Ducks "referee luongo"

Please for crying out loud, look at his REGULAR SEASON STATS.

Guys, Luongo is done in this city. He is finished. There is nothing left. Yes, he is a step above any of the goaltenders we had prior to him, but he isnt a cup winning goalie.

Its time you opened your eyes. I cannot believe that people's memories are so short. Just think back to all the softies of the Nashville series. All the demoralizing goals. Everything.

You can pick any player or Goalie from any team and pick them a-part the way you did for Luo. Every player has issues. If in fact all you haters get your way and Schneider becomes the starter, with team playing the way they are he will become hated as well.

Give your head a shake people, there is more going on here then Goaltending. They had a 2 nothing lead and blew it.

Pointing the finger at only one person on this team is dumb.

Edited by VMR, 15 March 2012 - 03:45 PM.

They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#334 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Its really simple...lou is struggling and we are losing games, Schneider is playing well and winning games...why management is not playing Schneids is a big mystery unless MG and AV are in denial. Play Schneids...smell the coffee.

#335 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:07 AM

Rather than pander to Lu"s needs and wants, I would like to see AV have the balls to put the team first and handle the goalies like Boston does.
i.e. Boston's last game...Turco starts; lets in some stinkers - gets pulled in favour of Thomas; Thomas lets in a couple softies - he gets pulled and Turco is back in.

yes and that worked so well for them.. :rolleyes:

#336 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

Its time you opened your eyes. I cannot believe that people's memories are so short. Just think back to all the softies of the Nashville series. All the demoralizing goals. Everything.

Softies? his GAA for that series was 1.64 are you stupid? seems you're the one with the short memory. what's REALLY funny is if he had played that well in the finals we STILL would of lost as we averaged 1.14 goals a game. pathetic

Edited by Tm085, 16 March 2012 - 04:14 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.