The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Absolute Classless Reaction Of Lu Pull.

smackyo23

I don't know why people are saying that "the fans were cheering for Schneids not jeering Luongo". To me there's no difference. If you're bothering to show appreciation for the new goalie coming in, you're essentially showing your displeasure with the performance of the first goalie.

I'm sorry, but you can't mask the fact that Canuck fans are probably some of the most radical in the league. That is not to say that we don't care about the sport, we all love hockey and pay good money to watch it whether through restaurants, a TV bill or going to the game. However, it gets to a point where we live and die with every loss, goal or lack thereof.

The defence was abismal tonight and Luongo is not to blame. Of course he could've played a bit better, but how about recognizing that the defence plays a part also?

Gragani should have been benched first.

But as others have said the crowd was cheering for Schneider as much as it was jeering Luongo.

Personally, I though all but Perry's goal were soft.

Canucks on a 6 game win streak, Lu let's in maybe 2 that he'd like to have back and his first bad game in a while and the reaction of the crowd is to boo and then rub it in by sarcastically over cheering Corey while he's coming into the game after Lu get's the hook.

Does this city even deserve a Stanley Cup? I know the team does but the city does not, never seen such a bunch of classless whiners before in my entire life. Totally ashamed of all those idiots that jeered Lu at the game tonight.

I agree that there were some pretty bad defensive breakdowns, but that's why we have Luongo back there. If we never had defensive breakdowns, we wouldn't need a star goalie, we could have any average goalie back there.

Bottom line is, Luongo didn't bail us out when we needed him to. Does that mean he's all of a sudden a bad goalie? No, it just means he didn't have his best game tonight.

It's okay to criticize Luongo's game, when he's off. It doesn't make you a Lu basher. I'm a big supporter of his, and I'll admit he should have had a couple of those goals tonight.

Wasn't Lu's fault the defense was playing terrible. Fans at the game tonight really needed to shut their mouths and stop adding fuel to the Vancouver Haters fire.

Lu will bounce back next game and be standing on his head again ;)

That being said, I kinda want Schneider to be our number one goalie next with Lack as the backup. Let Lu out of his misery and trade him down to Tampa where is can play well and poorly in peace.

I am a Canucks fan. The team is excellent, once again making a run for the President's Trophy and eventually the Stanley Cup.

The entire team.

Luongo played somewhat poorly, but so did the players in front of him.

However as bad as they played, nothing excuses the "fan" reaction to Luongo's exit. Nothing.

The fact that those LOSERS cheered Luongo off the ice shows the problem with the Canuck fanbase. Yeah, maybe Roberto might be done, maybe not.

Only one goalie outperformed him last year. One.

These pieces of ...who cheered him off the ice aren't hockey fans. They should be ashamed. They proved by their actions that they know little about the game.

I can understand cheering when a scumbag like Chara gets a puck to the face in Montreal. He nearly killed Pacioretty!

But cheering a goalie off the ice? A goalie who brought Vancouver to game 7? A goalie who was hung to dry?

To those who cheered:

Well CDC represents about 0.075% of Canucks fans, and the fans at Rogers arena represent about 0.009% of Canucks fans.

So as you see, to say that most fans don't deserve one based on the fans on here or in Rogers Arena is in fact a generalization.

Archived