The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Only A Matter Of Time Before Players Don't Want To Sign In Vancouver.

doobie

I was at the game last night. The problem as I saw it wasn't entirely Lou's fault, but his play exacerbated things. The opening goal, Getzlaf's clear-view 20-25 footer that beat him five-hole, had my buddy and me cringing. The team gave him no help on the other goals, but if he had stopped one of them and showed better overall focus I don't think the fans would've jumped on him so much. The moment Red went in goal the whole feeling in the building changed. I've been a Lou fan for a long time, but Schneider just seems unflappable and his economy of movement is noticeable compared to Lou. I hope Lou brings his A-game for the playoffs, but I'm relieved we have Cory to back us up in case he doesn't.

Only ignorant people would do such a thing, and after reading the rest of your post, you sir are in the "ignorant" category, you made that quite clear.

As for withdrawing your support, by all means, quite frankly Van city has way too many fairweather fans like you who don't know jack about hockey or have this sense of entitlement because you purchased a ticket.

You don't pay a players salary, the owner does. If you don't like the product find a better one. The amount of money you give to the orginization is barely enough to feed 10 fans a beer and a hotdog, get over yourself and grow up.

I'm still confused with this statement, you don't sign cheques for the players, sure ticket buyers contribute to a bigger picture but "you" are not paying anyones a salary. Anyways, what exactly do you think the orginization owes you? you're paying for entertainment, if you're not entertained anymore than stop paying for it. You people that argue that somehow you're owed something besides entertainment for purchasing tickets is asinine.

OH OH WAIT!!!

I pay my shaw bill, which means I can watch the Canucks on T.V. which sends revenue to the orginization, DANMITT CANUCKS YOU OWE ME A GOD DANM STANLEY CUP YOU CHEAP BASTARDS!! OH AND THAT KID STANDING BESIDE LUONGO BEFORE THE START OF THE GAME....I DON'T LIKE HIM GET RID OF HIM A.S.A.P.

That's exactly my point though.

Phoenix is an incredibly nice city, but people are jumping to play there because it's a nice place to live. And Phoenix far from sucks. They just have an incredibly low fanbase.

Fans pay to see the Canucks put a good product on the ice. Some fans are also aware of the value of players' contracts. I'm not saying booing Lu is a good or nice thing to do, but when the fans who are paying your $5/year salary don't see something they like, they can boo, and they shouldn't be lambasted for it.

If you went to a movie and it sucked horribly and you just wasted $20, and you knew the filmmaker was in the theatre, would you boo? Yes.

There are plenty of people who work thankless jobs for measly pay and get blasted by the public all the time. Police, soldiers, etc stick their lives on the line everyday.

If you get paid $50m over 10 years to play a game you love in one of the best cities on the planet, and you let 4 goals in on 15 shots... as much as I might love Lu for carrying us to game 7 last year (and we did only get there because of him), if you suck like that, damn right I will withdraw my support until you step your game up to match your salary, and stop wasting the money I paid for the ticket.

Luongo is a grown-ass man playing the game every Canadian wants to play in a hockey crazed Canadian city, being paid millions. Booing will happen and it's part of his job to take that criticism in stride and work hard so that he doesn't make the same mistakes again. If he plays well, he will not get booed, simple as that.

I don't think Luongo is the team MVP. How many other teams continue to insist that the guy with the clearly inferior performance remains the starter? Luongo is fragile, which showed during the Finals last year. One bad goal, here comes another, and another...you never see that happen with Schneider.

I don't think Luongo is the team MVP. How many other teams continue to insist that the guy with the clearly inferior performance remains the starter? Luongo is fragile, which showed during the Finals last year. One bad goal, here comes another, and another...you never see that happen with Schneider.

I have only seen Schneider play one playoff game. He set up two Hawks goals then got hurt on the 3rd. I like Ginger, but to this point he hasn't proven anything except he is a top notch back up with a great safety net. And while I'd totally commit to trading Luongo if it meant a decent return and space to sign a UFA, I think it is insane to think he is a sure thing.

if you dont like the product than why would you pay for the ticket? how bout you stop those shots for get that it was 15 shots think about how the goals were made before you pull numbers out. Just letting you know that luongo is human too so stop looking expecting him to shut the door every game im guessing you dont watch hockey from an atheletes perspective but a guy who has no experience perspective.

Players will go where they have a chance to win.

Vancouver fans, and even Canadian fans, have been like this forever. Everything is overanalyzed and over-criticized. This is nothing new.

AV made a good point about Montreal fans, and how they actually made billboards to try and get Roy out of town. And he won them two Stanley cups. If you think Vancouver fans are bad, you have no idea what Habs fans are like.

No kidding.

This whining and b***** non-stop for the last 24 hours about the fan base is getting annoying. Guess what guys? This happens EVERYWHERE in Canada. It's what you get for playing in a hockey mad city. May not be fair but stop acting like Canuck fans are the most despicable human beings around when most of the ones I know are some of the most devoted fans. Try not to paint everyone with the same brush. We still have one of the best fan bases in the NHL around whether you like it or not. And are people really that ignorant that they believe this only happens here?

Like you said, Montreal is just as bad if not worse.

totally agree OP.. vancouver fans are brutal!, and i am constantly ashamed to be associated with most of you.

how is it that when i go to the bar in edmonton i usually find at least 1 or 2 vancouver fans that are knowledgable, intelligent hockey fans, yet at the games and in downtown vancouver (on game nights) its only pathetic bandwagoners, and young punks who shout crap like "TRADE LUONGO" at the cameras... i mean, what the hell is wrong with this fanbase?

while im on rant - what the hell is wrong with AV? benching luongo on his birthday... the only one who should have been riding the pine at 4-2 is gragnani!

signed,

disgusted.

:picard:

Also I think you don't understand the meaning of the word "ignorant", by the way. Booing may be a dick move, but in what capacity would it be ignorant?

And on what grounds do you say I know jack about hockey? And on what grounds can you call me a fairweather fan, simply because I want the team to use players that give us the best chance to win? I'd like you to back up some of your claims instead of simply using non-applicable ad hominem attacks against me.

One might venture to say that YOU are the ignorant one, in fact.

Archived