Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Who's Happy Buffalo Is Out?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

#91 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,696 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Lol at Buffalo 'having a 4-5 year window to win the cup' when they looked weak and disjointed for most of the season.

Let's make the playoffs before having cup aspirations, k? Thanks.

TOML

"Buffalo was out when Lucic knocked Miller the f out."
Posted Image

#92 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

-Sedins are beginning their decline in production
-Luongo is getting older and is definitely past his prime
-No decent youth coming up through the system with the exceptions of Tanev and maybe Schroeder
- Salo might retire, leaving a huge hole on the defense

It's now or never for the Canucks unless they make a huge splash in the offseason.

Wishful thinking on your part, bandwagonner. People have been saying Detroit was too old for a decade now. Vancouver's average age is 3 years less than Detroit.

Like I said, the Sedins are still younger than Yzerman when he won his first cup. They are by no means done.

I can name a ton of goalies that performed at a high level when they were older than Luongo, including the guy that won the Conn Smythe last year at 4 years older.

The Canucks have a few prospects coming up on defence and in net and if Schultz signs, and if he's as good as everybody says and he has put on a few pounds, he'll probably slot in on the top 6 almost immediately.

Salo said himself he'll play at least another year

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter, 07 April 2012 - 12:44 AM.

121f1930-9c2f-4a76-81c7-d533bed290ba.jpg

#93 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Not me, I'd rather they be in than the Caps, even though the Caps can do more damage to NY. Buffalo was in control of their own fate until Erhoff & Myers went down after that, Miller had to stand on his own head with decent D but he didn't get that.

#94 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

I'm happy!

Never really liked Buffalo, expansion rivals. Also, I don't really like many of their players. Some players I dislike are Miller, Kaleta, Ennis, and I also don't like their management.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#95 Flying Man

Flying Man

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup," Ehrhoff said in a statement released by the team.

I understand he may not have necessarily meant this season, but still...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#96 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

I have a friend who remained a Caps fan and she loves Ovi, despite the Jets returning.

Pisses me off. Really hoped Buffalo would have made it!

#97 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

i wish buff had of beat out the caps.
i like hoff and coho...
and i dislike the caps a lot.

#98 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,039 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

-Sedins are beginning their decline in production
-Luongo is getting older and is definitely past his prime
-No decent youth coming up through the system with the exceptions of Tanev and maybe Schroeder
- Salo might retire, leaving a huge hole on the defense

It's now or never for the Canucks unless they make a huge splash in the offseason.

Hilarious stuff -... from a fan of a (Minute Rice) team that thought it would buy it's way into instant contention. Your assessment of things is right up there with your namesake. Please share your Buffalo Sabres team-building wisdom with us.

Our Cup window is closing so fast...

Luongo, Schneider, Lack, Cannata, Climie, Honzik - yeah, real panic on the horizon in goal for Vancouver.

No decent youth in the Canucks system. :picard: Obviously talking through your hat. You are so aware that you failed to name the top prospects in the system.

The Canucks just traded the guy in their 9 spot on the blueline - an instant 20+ minute man in (shallow) Buffalo... and the Canucks are one Salo awayy.... hilarious. Your Sabres were one Myers injury away from being exposed by the Leafs! Aside from the 8 guys that were in front of Sulzer, prospects like Connauton and Sauve... Yeah, the Canucks are one Sami Salo retirement (which aint happening anyway) from a shallow blue line.
Thanks for coming out.
Next.

#99 Redacted

Redacted

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

The Canucks just traded the guy in their 9 spot on the blueline - an instant 20+ minute man in (shallow) Buffalo... and the Canucks are one Salo awayy.... hilarious. Your Sabres were one Myers injury away from being exposed by the Leafs! Aside from the 8 guys that were in front of Sulzer, prospects like Connauton and Sauve... Yeah, the Canucks are one Sami Salo retirement (which aint happening anyway) from a shallow blue line.
Thanks for coming out.
Next.

Well Myers and Ehrhoff but yeah. He's mad.
People talk about pressure like it's something negative. Pressure means your actions have meaning, that people care about whether you succeed or fail. Pressure is everything.

#100 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,039 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Yeah I left out Ehr -head ... didn't think he'd do much to stop Toronto from exposing them :bigblush:

Edited by oldnews, 07 April 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#101 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

I am. Though, it has absolutely nothing to do with Hodgson or Ehroff.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#102 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

Lu might have a gold medal but miller is dating a maxim model

so miller > Lu

Money > B*****s... So Lu > Miller
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#103 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,715 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Normally I wouldn't even have an opinion on the Sabres. However, I'm "happy" they didn't make it in the same way basketball fans were "happy" the Heat didn't win the championship last season. Both teams made the headlines with splashy off-season UFA signings, but, both ultimately cam up short. WAAAYYY  
short in Buffalo's case.

Now I can go back to ignoring them as usual.

Same reasoning for me too...Leino was grossly overpaid.

#104 themcdeal

themcdeal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Money > B*****s... So Lu > Miller

I think Miller makes more the Lu though. At least his cap hits higher. But if you include sponserships and taxes, Miller probably does end up makin more.

#105 themcdeal

themcdeal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hilarious stuff -... from a fan of a (Minute Rice) team that thought it would buy it's way into instant contention. Your assessment of things is right up there with your namesake. Please share your Buffalo Sabres team-building wisdom with us.

Our Cup window is closing so fast...

Luongo, Schneider, Lack, Cannata, Climie, Honzik - yeah, real panic on the horizon in goal for Vancouver.

No decent youth in the Canucks system. :picard: Obviously talking through your hat. You are so aware that you failed to name the top prospects in the system.

Thanks for coming out.
Next.

He's not to far off. I dont think he's right about the Sedins (cause there style of play) and then window being only a year, considering we might just win the president trophy back to back. However there's no denyng that these 2 years are the best shot we have. Our prospect pool is not very good. Lack and Jensen are the only notable prospects in our system right now.

Even http://www.hockeysfu...kings/?start=24 has us as one of the worst organizations right now for prospects.

#106 Serendipity

Serendipity

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Lu might have a gold medal but miller is dating a maxim model

so miller > Lu

Actually, Miller married her in September :P

#107 Fakename70

Fakename70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Personally I don't care about the Buffalo Sabres. I did like Ehrhoff a lot, but I respected his decision to sign for money. But again, it's a human instinct. I am huge Hodgson fan too, I'm happy to see him get some deserved ice time in Buffalo. But one reason why I am ok with Buffalo missing the playoffs...

1 name for you. Ryan MIller.

I got so tired of hearing his name, I wanted him struggle. He had a good 2010 season and all of a sudden he was far better then Luongo and the best goalie on the planet and he's untouucable. Seeing how he was unable to get his team into a top 8 can ease off the MIller is god posts.

Good comment. I never could understand why Luongo would get raked and reamed for every mediocre and horrible performance to the point where he's now known league-wide as a "choker". Whereas Miller would get a pass whenever he (and his team) would come up short of expectations. Don't get me wrong; Miller's still one of the best, but, by no means is he head-and-shoulders above and beyond Roberto Luongo. And, he never was as far as I'm concerned.

#108 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

It woulda been killer to see that Foligno kid come here instead.

#109 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Good comment. I never could understand why Luongo would get raked and reamed for every mediocre and horrible performance to the point where he's now known league-wide as a "choker". Whereas Miller would get a pass whenever he (and his team) would come up short of expectations. Don't get me wrong; Miller's still one of the best, but, by no means is he head-and-shoulders above and beyond Roberto Luongo. And, he never was as far as I'm concerned.

I disagree with this assessment. Miller gets a lot of criticism in Buffalo. He's not overly popular with the fans and the media and many have wanted him gone for years. He also has a tendency to throw his teammates under the bus. When he is on his game he can be the best in the league but he also brings baggage. It's not all that different than Luongo to be honest.

#110 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,136 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

I was hoping the Jets would grab the 8th seed in the East, but since they didn't, I'm glad the Sabres didn't either.

It's nothing against most of the players, but Ehrhoff went for the money and tried to pass it off as a move to a team with a better chance of winning.

It's nice to see that bit of fantasy blow up in his face.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#111 Fakename70

Fakename70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

I disagree with this assessment. Miller gets a lot of criticism in Buffalo. He's not overly popular with the fans and the media and many have wanted him gone for years. He also has a tendency to throw his teammates under the bus. When he is on his game he can be the best in the league but he also brings baggage. It's not all that different than Luongo to be honest.

I'm not in Buffalo, so, I'll take your word for how he's perceived...in Buffalo. My point was that regarding how they're covered and perceived by the national hockey media (Canada & U.S.) Miller is clearly given the kid glove treatment and has been more of a media darling in recent years compared to Luongo. I can conclude only that that is because expectations are and have been higher for Luongo and his team than they are and have been for Miller and his. Unfortunately for Luongo, it will remain that way until he and his club are 1 game better in the playoffs than they were in 2011.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.