The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pgt- Flames 3 Canucks 2

Molli

I could care less about the President's Trophy, and I've said that from the start... However, what i DO care about is being able to score on the power-play, and the Canucks have not been able to show they are very capable of that of late. Its quite worrisome cause if teams are going to be cheap shotting us like last year, and we can't make them pay because of it... Things are gonna get a lot worse!

The difference being Cory has had very little games where he has play like he did tonight and Luo has had too many. Do not think that some of the hate towards Luo ,when he plays bad, is not justified because he has had alot of bad games. On the other hand he also has had many where he had to stand on his head.

The President's trophy might be a 'who cares' thing, but home ice advantage is not. Right now, St. Louis can win out and take over first. They will NOT be a fun team to play against at home. If we have to play them in the finals, there's a very good chance that we regret this bad game.

Positives

1. The third line played well

2. First line has chemistry and worked really hard just got no bounces there way

3. Lapierre standing up for Henrik Sedin meant alot to me because if crap does get out of hand in the playoffs and Vigneault notices the Sedins getting pushed around he might play lapierre with them

Negatives

1. Henrik turned the puck over alot

2. Defence was awful

3. Grangnani has to learn how to play defence

4. Fourth line looked useless and out of place without Kassian and Manny

5. Second line played horrible

6. Schneider

The way I see it, it's hard to win 8 straight games in the NHL regardless of who you're playing. About half a month ago the Canucks seemed long shots to win the West, and the very fact that we've played ourself into a position where we can still win it, is impressive.

If you told me in mid-march, during that terrible homestand, that all we needed was to win our last game, plus a St. Louis loss in one of their last two, to win the conference, I would've been happy.

PP sucked, Schnider gave up three goals in the third... unexpected to be honest.

Overall I am concerned about playoffs with the ammount of offense we bring up to the platter. Far too many players have been struggling and quite frankly it doesn't seem like team chemistry is there.... at least not compared to last years..

Funny how the Lu homers compare 3 goals on 28 shots in a full game to 4 goals on 15 shots in less than half a game. The 3rd goal was a weak one on Schneider other than that some gross giveaways led to the other 2 goals. Not an amazing game for anyone except maybe Hamhuis who seemingly always plays well...And wtf Newell Brown what is the team paying you for? The PP was good at the start of the year but then opposition adapted yet it seems like the Canucks keep using the same strategies...the PP is killing the team right now.

Meltdown in the third, god awful pp... Pp really needs to be addressed and the lack of offense against bottom feeder teams is really starting to get old.

I know it's only another game, but that one game can potentially mean a early exit in the playoffs... They gotta do better and what on earth happened to our pp? Is there any chemistry on the pp? I thought for sure we were going to score one on the pp after we got out 4th but then the 5th and 6th came with no success.

The President's trophy might be a 'who cares' thing, but home ice advantage is not. Right now, St. Louis can win out and take over first. They will NOT be a fun team to play against at home. If we have to play them in the finals, there's a very good chance that we regret this bad game.

Archived