The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roger's Arena Music

Vigneault's Timeout

So glad you started this thread. I was bitching about this earlier in the game thread. The music he plays is so lame it's embarassing. No wonder the crowd at the library makes more noise.

Like I said in an earlier thread. I was at the double OT Sharks game last year and during the intermission between the 3rd period and 1st OT we were treated to some doofus scratching records for ten minutes. Now I can only speak for myself but that did little to pump me up. Made me kind of sleepy to be honest.

If you want people to be loud, play loud music. It's a basic concept. Like another poster said it doesn't have to be 100% heavy metal. No need for Rammstein or Megadeth. Just spin some tunes people are likely to know, like AC/DC "You shook me all night long" or Led Zep "Rock and Roll". Want to play some poppy stuff, everyone knows The Beatles' "Twist and Shout". U2 is one of my favorite bands but we need a new intro song. Same song for what 4 years running?

When Chicago won their cup they intro'd to Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold". The Sharks come on to Metallica's "Seek and Destroy".

Last year in Boston the Bruins came on to Soundgarden and it was electric. Mind you in the following clip it didn't hurt that they were bring out Bobby Orr to pump up the crowd.

What a joke this forum is

Since the past loss Canucks Community want the gm, coach, assistant coaches fired,

Sedins, Kesler. Bieksa,Hamhuis Luongo ,Raymond ,Malhotra Traded ,

and now even the DJ fired.

That would be quite housecleaning, might as well fire all concession stand workers and retail workers at the team store.

Since the past loss Canucks Community want the gm, coach, assistant coaches fired,

That would be quite housecleaning, might as well fire all concession stand workers and retail workers at the team store.

One thing I do like about the music at Rogers Arena is the Odds. They play good music and have a lot of energy.

The other pop music can go though. I want something more badass. It doesn't have to be death metal or anything, just something that fits the atmosphere of a hockey game, instead of a cheerleading competition. Play some more classic hard rock songs that are already popular and well loved by many demographics. Just a small example, you can't go wrong with some AC/DC. They have lots of popular songs, but more importantly, their music is hockey music.

The music played at certain points in Roger's Arena is baffling.

Are the Canucks sponsored by the 95.3 radio station? I swear until tonight I would have never guessed that Lady Gaga would be considered as a suitable music selection to pump up the crowd. Where's "Welcome to the jungle" and other big songs to come in it's place?

I understand people enjoy Lady Gaga and the like, but hockey comes with a certain mentality and there is a particular style of music that suits it. Take, for example, the moment following Kesler's awesome shift in the second period. Kesler began his "beast mode" it seemed, and the crowd was beginning to light up. After Quick covers the puck, the music selection following this stunning display of manliness was "I'm sexy and I know it" by LMFAO.....

That is by far the WORST timing for a song such as that to be played. I swear the crowd sounded less excited as a result.

DJ Dave, you should also be practicing.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Agree with everything on here. Just found these guys from Scotland... They are sick! I find myself fist pumping, getting super jacked, and seriously created an account solely to share it with Canuck Nation to get pumped up for summer and the playoffs. Tell me I'm wrong... and turn up the bass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJxRfDQwITY&feature=related

Let's not forget just because the last 2 games were away what awaits the Canucks and their fans in Rogers Arena on Sunday, and that is terrible, terrible music from DJ Dave. In his defense, he has been lately throwing in the OCCASIONAL rock song here and there, but for the most part it's the same old crap, usually played at the worst times. (after an energy shift, going into a PP, coming back from tv timeouts). He seems to have an agenda of the same 5 or 6 songs, then mixes it up from there. I don't have a problem with Sandstorm, or MAYBE No Limits from 2 Unlimited, MAYBE Cotton Eye Joe once in a blue moon, but that's IT! This is only because they are traditional hockey songs. Where's the ACDC? GNR? Metallica? Eye of the Tiger? For gods sake, has DJ Dave ever been to a hockey game before he got this job? You hear some of the same crappy electronic songs in other arenas but for the most part, it's a steady diet of rock/metal/classic rock in every other arena, I even heard Nirvana between whistles in LA!

Win or lose this year, the first change I'd like to see next year is a replacement for DJ Dave. It should not be overlooked how important music at a hockey game is, and it's long past the time the Canucks' management needs to address this. It fires up the fans, and more importantly the players.

We as the ticket holders and supporters of this team should have a say and this has gone on for too long. We have the crappiest music in the league. Period.

Let's not forget just because the last 2 games were away what awaits the Canucks and their fans in Rogers Arena on Sunday, and that is terrible, terrible music from DJ Dave. In his defense, he has been lately throwing in the OCCASIONAL rock song here and there, but for the most part it's the same old crap, usually played at the worst times. (after an energy shift, going into a PP, coming back from tv timeouts). He seems to have an agenda of the same 5 or 6 songs, then mixes it up from there. I don't have a problem with Sandstorm, or MAYBE No Limits from 2 Unlimited, MAYBE Cotton Eye Joe once in a blue moon, but that's IT! This is only because they are traditional hockey songs. Where's the ACDC? GNR? Metallica? Eye of the Tiger? For gods sake, has DJ Dave ever been to a hockey game before he got this job? You hear some of the same crappy electronic songs in other arenas but for the most part, it's a steady diet of rock/metal/classic rock in every other arena, I even heard Nirvana between whistles in LA!

Win or lose this year, the first change I'd like to see next year is a replacement for DJ Dave. It should not be overlooked how important music at a hockey game is, and it's long past the time the Canucks' management needs to address this. It fires up the fans, and more importantly the players.

We as the ticket holders and supporters of this team should have a say and this has gone on for too long. We have the crappiest music in the league. Period.

So glad you started this thread. I was bitching about this earlier in the game thread. The music he plays is so lame it's embarassing. No wonder the crowd at the library makes more noise.

Like I said in an earlier thread. I was at the double OT Sharks game last year and during the intermission between the 3rd period and 1st OT we were treated to some doofus scratching records for ten minutes. Now I can only speak for myself but that did little to pump me up. Made me kind of sleepy to be honest.

If you want people to be loud, play loud music. It's a basic concept. Like another poster said it doesn't have to be 100% heavy metal. No need for Rammstein or Megadeth. Just spin some tunes people are likely to know, like AC/DC "You shook me all night long" or Led Zep "Rock and Roll". Want to play some poppy stuff, everyone knows The Beatles' "Twist and Shout". U2 is one of my favorite bands but we need a new intro song. Same song for what 4 years running?

When Chicago won their cup they intro'd to Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold". The Sharks come on to Metallica's "Seek and Destroy".

Last year in Boston the Bruins came on to Soundgarden and it was electric. Mind you in the following clip it didn't hurt that they were bring out Bobby Orr to pump up the crowd.

You know I never was really hard on the guy cause I know it's a hard job to please everyone, but more than half the crap I hear is....well.....crap.

Sure playing 'newer' songs once in a while is nice, but stick with the rock songs that lots of people know.

How can the players get pumped listening to LMFAO all the time. I'd be wearing headphones everytime I went there if I was a season ticket holder.

Archived