Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Vancouver @ Los Angeles | Gm 3 Rd 1 | Cbc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2037 replies to this topic

#2011 taib mahmud

taib mahmud

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Crosby & Co. got bombed and are also 0-3. Weird things happen.

#2012 Nic

Nic

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

It is time for a change. This group has had its chance. Time to move on and bring in some new faces and change the identity of this hockey club. It doesn't need to be blown up completely, but some key guys need to be shipped out and we need a new coach. Clearly, this isn't working anymore. This team's goal was to win the Stanley Cup, they're now one loss away from the biggest disaster in 41 years. Time to make a change.

So only kinda majorly blown up in your opinion?
What "key guys need to be shipped out?"
This is not the biggest disaster in 41 yrs for the Canucks. That's a silly comment.

Edited by Nic, 15 April 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#2013 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

this is the guy who is killing us...

Posted Image
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#2014 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Our only chance is to win 4 straight games against La....

Chances are very very very very grim. The Hodgson trade was a gigantic mistake. We addressed a very weak situation which was size when we had a really tough time getting points on the board.

Oh and our pp which was lethal for the longest time is absoluteky etrocious... Absolutely garbage to go from where we were to wherever are now.

I am sick of hearing hog good some players played and so on when it doesn't show where it actually matters.

All I gotta say now is good luck winning 4 in a row... On the other hand a 1st round sweep against a much less skilled team might actually be good for Canucks in the long run as this will push the management to actually make some moves and get rid of some really awful players.

I still don't get why Raymond keeps making the team. He should have been traded two years ago. Bieksa also doesn't make me warm and fuzzy and now Edler???????? Of all ppl.

Posted Image

#2015 1-d

1-d

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

TIme to get rid of the incapable management, delusional coach and heartless players.

Blow this pathetic team apart. No one is untouchable. The current core kept proving year after year they don't have what it takes. Now I don't give a sh*t about what they do in the regular season. They can go 82-0-0 and still will be knocked out in the first round.

#2016 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Washington a couple years back? I don't remember (context P trophy sweeps)

I went and looked it up, we will be the first. WAS/MTL wasn't a sweep.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#2017 binderdonedat

binderdonedat

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Washington was not the Presidents trophy winner last year, and they lost in round 2. If your referring to a few years back, they did lose, but not swept.

Thanks for clarifying.

#2018 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Double post.

Edited by Ginu, 15 April 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Posted Image

#2019 ssingh

ssingh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Just to clarify...MG brought this team within a game of winning the cup. He ain't going anywhere. AV however could be on his way out.
Posted Image

RIP Luc Bourdon
RIP Carly Bragnalo

QUOTE (HiFiclub @ Mar 6 2009, 10:40 AM) We will unload our load on the 'loaded' flames team.

#2020 sulihpoeht

sulihpoeht

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

that's it, I'm done. One less Canuck fan. Can't take this shat any more. Year after year.

Death, Taxes and Canucks FAIL... the only 3 things you can really count on .

We need less bandwagoners anyways
GO CANUCKS GO!

#2021 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'm proud of the boys. Never seen a better effort than that in all my time watching hockey.

Honestly... How can you be proud of a severely underachieving team with as much talent as skill as they got???

There is one thing that matters and that's the wins against the losses. A year or two or even 10 years down the road nobody will talk about the great losing effort in yet another loss...

This team needs changes... Lots and lots of changes...
Posted Image

#2022 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

WE need to retool like Philly. Trade Edler to NJ for Henrique and Larsson. Trade Raymond for a pick. Trade Luongo for Rick Nash or Ryan Johansson and their top pick. Sign Suter and Schultz. Trade Ballard for some prospect and sign another college player. Get rid of Malhotra and his 2.5 million dollars along with waste of roster space Rome and Alberts. Trade Tanev and a bunch of picks for JVR.

Sedin-Sedin-Nash
Burrows-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-JVR-Henrique
Hansen-Lappiere-Bitz/Weise/UFA

Suter-Larsson
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Schultz-Leopold

Schneider
Lack

At least, with this roster, we keep some of our core while getting rid of some parts of it that can't get it done. Edler in my mind will never be a big time player and he has been crap in all the playoffs he has played except the one game against the Kings in 2009 playoffs. Get rid of players that can't get it done and give some part of a core who have shown some potential a couple more shots.
I don't want to get rid of Booth yet, because maybe he will realize his potential in a couple of more years and he is still young.

Posted Image

#2023 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

It is time for a change. This group has had its chance. Time to move on and bring in some new faces and change the identity of this hockey club. It doesn't need to be blown up completely, but some key guys need to be shipped out and we need a new coach. Clearly, this isn't working anymore. This team's goal was to win the Stanley Cup, they're now one loss away from the biggest disaster in 41 years. Time to make a change.

We need to retool like Philly. I just wish we had Philly's scouting staff.

Posted Image

#2024 apple123

apple123

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

if duncan keith is ever in vancouver, i'm going to plant a flying elbow on his face so hard that he'll wake up crying and begging for his mother.

to all the people on here that talked a bunch of crap about the canucks mailing in games at the end of the regular season, this is exactly why it happens.

they go out, in one game against a rival, and it turns into a scrap game, and the best player on our team takes a cheap shot elbow in the face from a giant piece of crap in duncan keith. i hope duncan keith ends up in a catastrophic car accident tonight. but hey! we needed to play with more intensity! then yahoo keith came up and knocked our highest goal scorer out of the season, and now, lets face it, out of the first round.

its to late for there to be any difference made in a return from daniel. game 5 is the only chance he'd return, and even that is dependent on us winning once.

so thank you to the media, and all the bull fans that decided to get things all mustered up when the canucks weren't playing their best. when they had 2nd locked up. when they were healthy. 0 for ALL OF THEM on the power play in the first series. down 3 - 0.

and if one more person starts talking about the fact that we were 8 - 1 - 1 or whatever without daniel they can go frack themselves. when you play the oilers, flames, minnesota and anaheim at the end of the year, it really shouldn't be that difficult.

#2025 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Honestly, this isn't a joke or an insult but I have seen cashiers with more passion for their work.

#2026 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for disappointing us again Canucks. I'm so embarrassed to even show my Nucks jersey in public after this playoff performance

If you are to embarassed to wear your Canucks jersy make sure you get that ankle looked at soon.

#2027 jimsandlak83

jimsandlak83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Just to clarify...MG brought this team within a game of winning the cup. He ain't going anywhere. AV however could be on his way out.

I don't think we can say that "MG brought us to within a game of winning a cup". He did make some great moves last year (ie. Higgins, and Lapierre) but this year has been an absolute bust: the Hodson trade, Sami P. has not turned out, MAG is horrible, losing Torres in exchange for Sturm, Booth has not put up top 6 production, ...........

I

Edited by jimsandlak83, 15 April 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#2028 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Since the post-season is all that matters, it would make sense to trade some of the under-achieving "core" like Pinky and The Brain and Luongo...AV seems to be clueless and passionless also so maybe he needs to go. I dunno maybe they'll claw their way back haha

Sedins are so soft...sorry if this hurts some of your delicate sensibilities but it's true and Luongo is just dead energy that this team needs to unload.

I hope they make me eat my words...

#2029 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,116 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

Goodbye bandwagon.

I'm ready to enjoy one of the best comebacks in history even if you aren't.

We need to win the next one, get Dank back for game 5 and change the dynamic.

Not impossible by any stretch. Extremely difficult but not impossible.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#2030 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Goodbye bandwagon.

That's the spirit! I hope you're right but, honestly, I'm not feeling it....

#2031 HockeyNut30

HockeyNut30

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

At this point I'd agree, need something to change.

Posted Image

#2032 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

You're a goof, that hit had all the elements that the Rome hit had, we just don't know if Hank is concussed or not (knock on wood)

It's ok to be a newbie to hockey ... Just read, learn and quit the name calling, or we'll have to drop the mitts :)

#2033 Real deal - Stan Smyl

Real deal - Stan Smyl

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

NHL is a joke league. It is goon and defensive trap team that wins you the cup. Skills and exciting hockey don't apply to playoff. Also buttman wants big USA market to win.

Below average iq Joe ...... Interesting spin. We have a team that is not built for the pace of tough NHL playoff hockey, so the league is to blame? This team full of swedes and powder puffs is Taylor made to win prez trophies, but that's it. Get your cranium out of your rectal region.

And for all those that would like to pin this entirely on Edler, you are deluded. Nucks have scored 4 goals in 3 games. Plenty of blame to go around...

#2034 sandman44

sandman44

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

Maybe Hodgson was witnessing something that was happening in the locker room that was surely going to doom the Canucks, and he wanted no part of it.
We'll never know.
"You understand Captain that this mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist."

Fade to Lack

...he took a face from the ancient gallery, and he walked on down the hall...

#2035 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Too young to remember all the hate Willie Mitchell got when he cost us the series against Chicago a few seasons ago?

And I think many people would want Mitchell backAre we seriously saying Edler clearing the puck (barely) over the glass in a game we couldn't score in, where the pp sucked with 1:40 to go cost us the game? You guys need a better scapegoat.

#2036 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

Goodbye bandwagon.

If we want to win game 4, here are the following things this team needs to do:

1. Edler needs to be benched (his mistakes have been costing us big time)
2. Hold the fort and win game 4 so when they get home for Game 5, Danny can come back (Putting him in the line-up changes our line-up chemistry)
3. Quick has a meltdown or someone runs him over <-- very important!
4. Kes needs to start scoring so is the team. SHOOT higher! (Ours can't aim properly.. they shoot either to Quick's chest or wide)
5. PP in Game 3 was a lot better but they need to learn how to finish.
6. Ride with Schneider for abit

If these of the following can't be done, then there is no way we will win in the next 4 games. But honestly, don't hold your breath for a comeback. The chances for this team to come back is less than 5% (perhaps even lower considering Danny might be out for the rest of the series).

Edited by Cindilette, 16 April 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#2037 tanvir33

tanvir33

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Edler please don't make those stupid passes. Boys gotta play a strong defense game and get are Powerplay going. I BELIEVE :towel:

Edited by tanvir33, 16 April 2012 - 05:15 PM.

Sig too big.

#2038 Nic

Nic

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

vancouver powerplay, how exciting! never knows whats going to happen!

Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass

shoot

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.