The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will The Raymond Hate Ever End?

Ugli Fruit

Kesler has top tier potential (shown it by winning an elite level trophy) Mayray doesn't. So there is less rope available.

It really is that simple.

I really dislike him (Mayray) in anything but a checking role because his offense is bad. He is a negative because the 'chances' he generates are garbage, and he generally gets a pass then shoots it from way out into the goalies chest rather then moving the puck around. Misses on a lot of good chances too (ie he'll walk out in front then fan on the shot)

This is just my opinion, but to me, it's not that he necessarily sucks, but he really doesn't fit anywhere. I personally like the amex line and theres no way with everyone healthy that mase would play on the first line. not really suited for checking line and looking at the fourth line, probably not there either.

Kesler, even though he hasnt been scoring, is effective on the pk with burrows, great in the faceoff circle and is stronger on the puck that raymond is.

Kesler has top tier potential (shown it by winning an elite level trophy) Mayray doesn't. So there is less rope available.

It really is that simple.

I really dislike him (Mayray) in anything but a checking role because his offense is bad. He is a negative because the 'chances' he generates are garbage, and he generally gets a pass then shoots it from way out into the goalies chest rather then moving the puck around. Misses on a lot of good chances too (ie he'll walk out in front then fan on the shot)

OP

You are wasting your time. Most of the the people who constantly have a go at Raymond don't watch the games, are too pissed to know what is going on or know nothing about hockey.

They are as thick as bricks, constantly trolling out the same old cliches whether he has played well or not. In any face to face discussion you wouldn't give them the time of day. Firstly you would notice they were in the most part still at school and secondly who would want to talk to someone who's total vocabulary amounted to.......

Raymond falls down...

Raymond doesn't go to the dirty areas....

Raymond doesn't go to the net........

Raymond isn't a fit......

Raymond has hands of stone.......comin' Mom!

Every time they open their mouth they prove they didn't watch the game/they had it on in the background while they played with themselves /their Playstation/ or they haven't a clue what is going on because it's past their bedtime.

I hate to say it because I know you posted for the best of reasons but honestly these topics only bring these idiots out of the darkness like zombies.

This is just my opinion, but to me, it's not that he necessarily sucks, but he really doesn't fit anywhere. I personally like the amex line and theres no way with everyone healthy that mase would play on the first line. not really suited for checking line and looking at the fourth line, probably not there either.

Kesler, even though he hasnt been scoring, is effective on the pk with burrows, great in the faceoff circle and is stronger on the puck that raymond is.

I saw this too but I saw it as "Oooooh I am sure Brown is shaking in his skates at getting a talking to from Raymond".

Raymond is worth 1.5M and he makes 2.5m. That's the easiest way to invite criticism from the fan base. That and not playing up to your potential.

Has anyone else noticed how having a kid changes these guys. Kesler has a kid and ripped it up last year. Burrows has one and scores in Chicago and plays great in the playoffs. Raymond just had a kid and is having a great playoffs. We need to find Edler a woman.

hardly, i got a good buzz on last night by the end of the first period playing the "Raymond down" drinking game. i had to stop midway through the second because i was getting too drunk. he's been falling at least once a shift, sometimes more. in fact there was only 1 shift last night that I didn't get to shout "Raymond down!" before taking a drink (the second half of the game became water instead of alcohol, but the premise remained the same).

Your sig pic and heading must be a real embarrassment to you just now :)

I couldn't give a flying f....puck how often Raymond falls down, it's what he does when he's upright that counts and that my friend is more than the Amex flops put together.

I'm afraid it's all been a bit much of a culture shock to many on our team (especially but not entirely to those that are new to the playoffs) and while many have dithered and fanny-ed about Raymond has got stuck in and seems to be relishing it.

But then you know what they say: WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH THE TOUGH GET GOING. :emot-parrot:

hardly, i got a good buzz on last night by the end of the first period playing the "Raymond down" drinking game. i had to stop midway through the second because i was getting too drunk. he's been falling at least once a shift, sometimes more. in fact there was only 1 shift last night that I didn't get to shout "Raymond down!" before taking a drink (the second half of the game became water instead of alcohol, but the premise remained the same).

OP

You are wasting your time. Most of the the people who constantly have a go at Raymond don't watch the games, are too pissed to know what is going on or know nothing about hockey.

They are as thick as bricks, constantly trolling out the same old cliches whether he has played well or not. In any face to face discussion you wouldn't give them the time of day. Firstly you would notice they were in the most part still at school and secondly who would want to talk to someone who's total vocabulary amounted to.......

Raymond falls down...

Raymond doesn't go to the dirty areas....

Raymond doesn't go to the net........

Raymond isn't a fit......

Raymond has hands of stone.......comin' Mom!

Every time they open their mouth they prove they didn't watch the game/they had it on in the background while they played with themselves /their Playstation/ or they haven't a clue what is going on because it's past their bedtime.

I hate to say it because I know you posted for the best of reasons but honestly these topics only bring these idiots out of the darkness like zombies.

The Amex line.................oh yeh, that was the line that was going to go into "beast mode" in the playoffs and instead morphed into "feline mode" You people are so selective with your criticism you are a joke.

Raymond has done more in the 3 games than the "feline line" combined, so far.

Booth has gone into "Thomas the Tank Engine" mode hitting every board in site and losing the puck. Higgins has gone into "Invisible Man" mode and Kes is in fully activated "Headless Chicken" mode.

You see how easy it is to come over as a dumbass?

Archived