The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will The Raymond Hate Ever End?

Ugli Fruit

You wouldn't know a hockey smart if it slithered up your kilt and bit your man-gina.

Raymond is by far one of the weakest links on the team.

(seriously thinking you're a relative of his at this point)

The wiff on kopitar resulting in LA's first goal was horrific. Even by Raymond standards.

I dont hate Raymond, i've just seen enough.

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL, GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago" ~ Bodee

/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me/page__st__30">http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

Mason was tolerated due to the following: ability to push the play forward.

The stats supported this and he had a career year last year in that regard.

This year: major regression.

Folks like Cam Charron and Thomas Drance (Canucks Army) are awesome at providing these stats, I highly recommend taking a look at the following for a breakdown:

http://canucksarmy.com/2012/4/19/whats-the-deal-with-mason-raymond

Some key quotes below, but also take in context of the stats presented there:

"Until this year, Mason Raymond was a puck-moving forward who drew penalties, pushed the play forward, and set up chances in the offensive zone. His unspectacular ability around the net didn't convince many people of his value, but the hidden things Raymond did away from the puck were why the Canucks wanted him in the lineup game after game after game."

"Raymond regressed in a hard way this season. He couldn't hold the puck, he couldn't draw penalties, and he wasn't finishing in the offensive zone any more than he had been in 2010. He stopped improving, he cost Henrik his offensive zone opportunities and was being dragged around the ice by Ryan Kesler rather than helping move the play. Him and the defencemen hardly saw a change in their games "without Raymond" from 2011 to 2012, so the drop-off in Raymond's ability to move the puck could be due to the fact that Raymond can't move the puck anymore."

If you're on Twitter, consider following @camcharron and @thomasdrance for more of the above goodness

GO NUCKS

You wouldn't know a hockey smart if it slithered up your kilt and bit your man-gina.

The wiff on kopitar resulting in LA's first goal was horrific. Even by Raymond standards.

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL, GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago" ~ Bodee

/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me/page__st__30">http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

Many have played with NHL'ers and coached the game yet have to listen to a scotsmen who just started watching the NHL call knowledgable fans idiots because they don't love Mason Raymond.

Here you go Bodee.

post-85213-0-55402900-1334880243_thumb.p

Mason was tolerated due to the following: ability to push the play forward.

The stats supported this and he had a career year last year in that regard.

This year: major regression.

Folks like Cam Charron and Thomas Drance (Canucks Army) are awesome at providing these stats, I highly recommend taking a look at the following for a breakdown:

http://canucksarmy.c...h-mason-raymond

Some key quotes below, but also take in context of the stats presented there:

"Until this year, Mason Raymond was a puck-moving forward who drew penalties, pushed the play forward, and set up chances in the offensive zone. His unspectacular ability around the net didn't convince many people of his value, but the hidden things Raymond did away from the puck were why the Canucks wanted him in the lineup game after game after game."

"Raymond regressed in a hard way this season. He couldn't hold the puck, he couldn't draw penalties, and he wasn't finishing in the offensive zone any more than he had been in 2010. He stopped improving, he cost Henrik his offensive zone opportunities and was being dragged around the ice by Ryan Kesler rather than helping move the play. Him and the defencemen hardly saw a change in their games "without Raymond" from 2011 to 2012, so the drop-off in Raymond's ability to move the puck could be due to the fact that Raymond can't move the puck anymore."

If you're on Twitter, consider following @camcharron and @thomasdrance for more of the above goodness

GO NUCKS

If these guys are so smart, why do they fall into the same trap that some of the lightweights above are so often to be found in.

There is no mention of his serious injury, there is no mention of his lack of pre-season and conditioning. I'm sure you will appreciate that a fractured vertebrae has a lot mor impact on upper body conditioning than say a calf or knee injury.

There is no mention of the fact that he is playing with line mates who have struggled as much if not more than him, or that the team as a whole have reflected his form.

There is no mention of his streak of form when he did come back.

There is no mention that apart from his nightmare attempt at a hit the other night and no doubt the loss of the goal it lead to affecting his confidence and ultimately his minutes...............It has been recognised by many fair minded CDC'rs on here that he has been one of our better players in these playoffs.

I can`t believe anyone would still defend this guy. He has no redeeming qualities that this team is short on (PK is really the only thing he is decent at....but we have many better PKers), and there are better options available that wont suck the offense out of a line.

Archived