The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4/17 Lines At Practice

vannuxforlife

I've always wanted Booth or Higgins with the Sedins. These guys are great players and their offence is getting sucked out of them by the black hole that is Ryan Kesler. The Sedins are still playing decently as opposed to the joke of a 2nd line center we have right now, so putting all our good players together should work well.

It's times like these I wish we had Hodgson so we could see lines like this:

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Higgins - Hodgson - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Hansen

Malhotra - Pahlsson - Lapierre

I wouldn't mind seeing this lineup for game 4.

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Burrows - Kesler - Raymond

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Lappy floating

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

Edler - Salo

Rome - Alberts

Schneider

Luongo

There's no point dressing a 4th line if you're not going to use it. I'd rather see 4 sets of defenders in case Edler's play continues to deteriorate.

Finally! Been wanting to see this lineup for a while. Dan Murphy tweeted that Danny will be a game time decision, so hopefully he'll be back for us. Camp Booth in front of Quick and let the Sedins work their magic.

Frick, our line up looks so strong when Daniel's in.

Why couldn't we have had this to start. We might not have won every game but I guarantee we would not be down 0-3. Even 1 PP goal from Daniel in any of those three games coulda drastically changed the outcome sitting us at 1-2 at worst.

Oh well hopefully this rally's the team.

The Kamloops Blazers have just comeback in the WHL from 0-3 vs. Portland to force a Game 7 in Portland tomorrow night. So it can be done!

Lineup looks much better with Daniel back, if in fact he is able to go.

Being the armchair coach that I am, for my two-cents, this is the line combination I'd like to see:

Sedin--Sedin--Booth (have Booth jam the net at every opportunity he gets to create room for the Sedins in the offensive zone)

Burrows (move him to LW from RW on the second line)--Kesler--Lapierre (if these 3 can shut up, just play hockey, and stop their senseless flopping around, they have a good shot at being a formidable combination)

Higgins--Pahlsonn--Hansen (just like AV has drawn up)

Raymond--Malhotra--Kassian or Weise or Bitz (my preference being Weise; or Bitz, who may be able to drag some of the Kings into the mud for his hit on Clifford)

On defence, I would take Ballard out of the line up and replace him with Gragnarni (I hope I spelt that right) to create a little more offence (yes he's a defensive liability [moreso than Rome and Alberts], has limited physical presence, and is marginally better offensively than Ballard but Ballard to prone to too many brain farts in the defensive zone.

Lastly, I would be in favour of Schneider starting. For whatever reason, it seems the team plays better in front of Schneider. The defence seems to depend on Luongo to bail them out.

I would vote +100000 if I could. That lineup is exactly what we should be having heading into the playoffs.

Since Kesler can't shoot this season, we could put him in the third line as a 2-way forward that can check. Hodgson is a natural center, playmaker, and scorer that Kesler that should have been, but isn't.

Booth will continue to bring speed on that line. But additionally power and great shot. He also will not let anybody mess with the twins. Either did Burrows bit think Booth is tougher and harder to move from front of net

This is a great example of AV being out coached. When did he try this in the regular season. I don't think he preps well for the playoffs.

He should have experimented more in the regular season with potential playoff lines and not go blindly mixing things up now. If he had given any thought to this line as a shakeup then he should of tried it a few games in the reg season. Lack of foresight I say.

I wouldn't mind seeing this lineup for game 4.

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Burrows - Kesler - Raymond

Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen

Lappy floating

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

Edler - Salo

Rome - Alberts

Schneider

Luongo

There's no point dressing a 4th line if you're not going to use it. I'd rather see 4 sets of defenders in case Edler's play continues to deteriorate.

Great having Daniel back.

The second line looks much stronger with Raymond on it along with Burrows. I think these two lines will be buzzing now. I must say I have been asking for this splitting of Booth and Kes for a while now. The Amex line has sucked big time, especially in the playoffs and never lit up for more than one player at a time.........what good is that?

The 3rd and 4th look good too and maybe Hansen's play will infect Higgins who's been quiet.

Booth needs to beast it in front of Quick and make his life a misery. If he is out his area he gets severely molested. I feel a big win for us in my waters. Payback in spades.

Archived