The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Questions Ignorant People Ask About God

There was a man who nothing of the ways of the world. He had a lot of questions but received few answers. He nontheless lived a full and happy life. He found company in those around him who were in the same boat. He died, met his God, and got his answers then.

There was another man who knew everything. His knew all the answers in life, but lacked life's questions. He lived a life in torment of the knowledge he had. With his infinite knowledge of the universe came the infinite emptiness of the universe, and he was often alone. He died, received no additional answers in the afterlife, and remains in torment throughout eternity.

But the answer to 'life, the universe, and everything', if you want to live that life, is 42. Cheers.

TOML

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."

There was a man who nothing of the ways of the world.  He had a lot of questions but received few answers.  He nontheless lived a full and happy life.  He found company in those around him who were in the same boat.  He died, met his God, and got his answers then.

There was another man who knew everything.  His knew all the answers in life, but lacked life's questions.  He lived a life in torment of the knowledge he had.  With his infinite knowledge of the universe came the infinite emptiness of the universe, and he was often alone.  He died, received no additional answers in the afterlife, and remains in torment throughout eternity.

"Atheists are this."

"Theists are this."

my question, why is everyone so worried about what other think of their belief? also, why is everyone so concerned about the beliefs of others?

I am agnostic and find the whole religion/atheism argument completely futile and useless.

just for fun though

"Atheists are this."

"Theists are this."

my question, why is everyone so worried about what other think of their belief? also, why is everyone so concerned about the beliefs of others?

I am agnostic and find the whole religion/atheism argument completely futile and useless.

just for fun though

Yup. I hate it when people paint science and theism as mutually-exclusive opposites. They're not, and that line of thinking is just going to further push some religious people into the notion that they need to choose between their faith and science, greatly hindering scientific pursuits.

Yep. And the problem is that both religious folk and secular folk are trying to make it seem as if they can't having faith and science.

Here's a fascinating article. The author believes in theistic evolution and he feels that many atheists will automatically alienate Christians because they ignore and disrespect their beliefs (e.g. Dawkins). He suggests that, if evolutionists really want to convince Christians to the truth of evolution, they should give that task to Christians who believe in both God and evolution, theistic evolutionists.

http://ncse.com/rncs...speak-evolution

Good article. The theistic evolutionists really do tend to get ignored in the "debate" over evolution. I wrote a paper on the failure of evolution in the school system last term and I'm kind of wishing I included some things in that article as possible solutions.

Archived