Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Keith Ballard The White Knight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

So first off, congrats to Schneider on the HUGE win last night, and the twins for lighting the lamp. Next two to take off need to be the Higgy and Kesler. Booth just needs to find the back of the net, but those two need to play hockey..

But anyways, not many people have been noticing the solid play of KB4- that guy has been a STUD since returning to the lineup! Hits, shots, blocked shots, Good first passes. I think he was our best defenseman last night. Is this the emergence of the KB4 we've all been waiting for?

My Stars of the game:

1. Schneider
2. BALLARD
3. Daniel AND Henrik
Posted Image

Ephesians 2:7-9

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#2 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

yea hes been playing real well since coming back. gotta love his hip check during the 3rd.. also had some good looks at the net. plus i havent seen his awful turnovers yet haha. but if anyone is the white knight its daniel or schnieds
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#3 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Not sure why you couldn't post this under the game thread. The reason I point this out is there are already so many useless threads.

I come on and quickly scan the first page of posts for anything interesting. If I see a bunch of useless stuff I simply go to another web site and don't waste my time.

Then again you can do what you want. I'll simply go elsewhere. As will others.

#4 jarkell1985

jarkell1985

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Yeah Ballard has been playing exceptionally well. Deffinitly starting to look like the D-man we knew he could be when we grabbed him

#5 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hamhuis was a beast.

#6 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,152 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Not sure why you couldn't post this under the game thread. The reason I point this out is there are already so many useless threads.

I come on and quickly scan the first page of posts for anything interesting. If I see a bunch of useless stuff I simply go to another web site and don't waste my time.

Then again you can do what you want. I'll simply go elsewhere.
As will others.

Bwahahahahahaa!  Thanks for that one.

Threatening to leave?  Oh noes!

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!  Cheers.

TOML

"Welcome to CDC."

Edited by TOMapleLaughs, 19 April 2012 - 10:57 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Linden's_Forgotten_Son

Linden's_Forgotten_Son

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

I thought Tanev also played one of the best games he has in a 'Nucks uniform

Edited by Linden's_Forgotten_Son, 19 April 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#8 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,410 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hamhuis and Ballard have been our best defenseman in the last two games.

When Edler and Bieksa started falling off they both picked it up.

Subbancopy.jpg

#9 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

1 problem- there's 64 pages under the game thread, and nobody reads it anymore. I went on it and I was the only person/member/guest/anonymous reading it for well over 10 minutes.

Edited by hockeyville88, 20 April 2012 - 08:55 PM.
Personal attack removed

Posted Image

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#10 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Bwahahahahahaa! Thanks for that one.

Threatening to leave? Oh noes!

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA! Cheers.

TOML

"Welcome to CDC."

Glad you found it amusing. I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I simply said that if I see a lot of disorganized clutter I don't stick around wading through it. Who would?

#11 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

I love his hip checks..."BALLS"

#12 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,901 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

He's really simplified his game and cut down on the giveaways. Looks good on him.

Still don't think he's worth 4.2, but right now there's no question he's better than our depth guys.
Posted Image

#13 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

I agree with you, I don't know why you are getting flamed for this.

#14 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Go to the game thread and you'll see why
Posted Image

#15 Ocular Patdown

Ocular Patdown

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

Because he's saying this could of gone in the game thread when the op is talking a about Ballard's play as a whole this series and not just last game.

This is a canuck hockey discussion board. I don't see it as a useless thread. Ballard deserves some recognition and the op was just providing a thread for it.

Edited by Ocular Patdown, 19 April 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#16 Canadiac

Canadiac

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

This response was perhaps more useless than the posts you're referring to.

#17 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

So first off, congrats to Schneider on the HUGE win last night, and the twins for lighting the lamp. Next two to take off need to be the Higgy and Kesler. Booth just needs to find the back of the net, but those two need to play hockey..

But anyways, not many people have been noticing the solid play of KB4- that guy has been a STUD since returning to the lineup! Hits, shots, blocked shots, Good first passes. I think he was our best defenseman last night. Is this the emergence of the KB4 we've all been waiting for?

My Stars of the game:

1. Schneider
2. BALLARD
3. Daniel AND Henrik

Agreed. I have pumped his tyres for months :emot-parrot:
Kevin.jpg

#18 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

ALso liked how he was agitiating and got really involved in the scrums around both nets. He doesn't take any BS but doesn't cross the line and he looks mad and they know he will fight. It gives us another "attitude" D man like Bieksa to offset our otherwise rather "soft" group of talented but not mean D.

#19 youngdad

youngdad

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Because he wanted to start a discussion on KB4. The PGT will have a number of topics being discussed. When I come on and I scan, sometimes I am looking for something specific. I thought KB4 was awesome last night so I scan the list to see if there is a discussion on him. Wow, sure enough there is thanks to the OP. I don't want to go looking for it buried in the PGT only to see that there are a few KB4 posts scattered in and then the discussion is derailed and people are talking about Kassian or Bitz or something.
Take your vision to the extreme, and the website has only one thread called Canucks talk and nothing gets its own conversation.
Get it?

#20 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:11 PM

ALso liked how he was agitiating and got really involved in the scrums around both nets. He doesn't take any BS but doesn't cross the line and he looks mad and they know he will fight. It gives us another "attitude" D man like Bieksa to offset our otherwise rather "soft" group of talented but not mean D.

I don't think he will fight anymore considering he was out with a concussion for a pretty long time.

#21 canucksgyal

canucksgyal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

keith ballard's hipchecks = a work of art

KB4 has always had great potential. It just took him a long time to adjust with AV and his system. I think in the process, he lost his identity as a dman. Now, I think he has finally found it!

#22 kj29

kj29

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

i absolutely love his hipchecks :towel:
KB4 rules! He was totally awesome in Game 4 ^_^

o5udj8.jpg

medium.jpg CDCFL medium.jpg CDCEHL

*Commissioner of CDCYHL*

#23 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Great night for KB4. His stellar play couldn't come at a better time.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.