The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Does This Loss Rank Amongst Disappointing Canucks Playoff Exits?

Mountain Dew

1. 2011 Stanley Cup Finals (3-4 Bruins)

2. 2012 Conference Quarterfinal (2-4 Kings)

3. 2003 Conference Semifinal (3-4 Wild)

3. 2009 Conference Semifinal (2-4 Blackhawks)

4. 2010 Conference Semifinal (2-4 Blackhawks)

5. 1994 Stanley Cup Finals (3-4 Rangers) (Remember, every game was a bonus that playoff. They "won" a second place and people remember it with joy compared to the 2011 run)

1. 2011 Stanley Cup Finals (3-4 Bruins)

2. 2012 Conference Quarterfinal (1-4 Kings)

3. 2003 Conference Semifinal (3-4 Wild)

3. 2009 Conference Semifinal (2-4 Blackhawks)

4. 2010 Conference Semifinal (2-4 Blackhawks)

5. 1994 Stanley Cup Finals (3-4 Rangers) (Remember, every game was a bonus that playoff. They "won" a second place and people remember it with joy compared to the 2011 run)

This is nothing compared to some past exits. There is a reason that teams that go to the finals one year often do not go very far the next.

The one that bugs me the most was in 2003 against the Wild. It was right there for the team, but Crawford kept starting Cloutier...%&$@! I can't even start thinking about it.

Meh...it is what it is.

The 4 game sweep against the Islanders in the Finals was bad too, although the Islanders were a great team that year.

The one against Minnesota was horrible, especially being up in that series.

Boston was obviously a let down.

This one hurt, but I kind of expected it. I knew facing LA would be tough, and the Canucks weren't on their A game for at least the last 20 games or so.

The exits against the Hawks were bad, but I tend to just forget about them even happening. Also considering the one year we swept the Blues, and then were exited and made fools of against Chicago.

This is nothing compared to some past exits. There is a reason that teams that go to the finals one year often do not go very far the next.

The one that bugs me the most was in 2003 against the Wild. It was right there for the team, but Crawford kept starting Cloutier...%&$@! I can't even start thinking about it.

Meh...it is what it is.

So many arrogant fans expect a cup from the team, even I secretly expected us to win. Teams got bigger, better, faster, and stronger. We had our chance last year, but we blew it.

Ah well, go canucks go

Believe in Blue.

No matter what happens, win or lose, we made it to the playoffs, won two consecutive presidents trophies, fought off a sweep. I'm proud of the boys, let's get it done next year!

This one isn't that bad... I find myself caring less and less about the NHL with the poor officiating, the garbage discipline & the lack of respect the players have for each other with all the intentional injuries they're dishing out. I'm seriously considering not bothering to get the Center Ice package next year.

It was far better than 1971 - 1974, 1977, 1978, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1997 - 2000, 2006 and 2008. I hate seeing the playoffs start and the Canucks not even having a chance.

And the time Joel Otto kicked it in. I'm still bitter about that one.

And the entire 2004 - 2005 season. That just sucked.

Archived