The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Press Conference (including discussion on Coho from MG)

sedinz

What you're not considering is that, if I allow one, then ten crop up. Then you're faced with inconsistency and it's unfair to those who have recently HAD their Cody topics closed.

If it would stop at "one", sure....but it just doesn't happen that way and the floodgates would likely be opened with other "ideas" sprouting up.

The hot topic is being discussed here, so there is a platform for that. :)

Hope that helps to clarify....

It's not like he came out and disclosed the conversations that were had. He said he'd spent more time in three years on Coho issues than the rest of the team combined, where is the violation of confidentiality in that?

I understand your rationale, but on the other hand it doesn't make sense to have a thread titled "Canucks Press Confrence Tomorrow 10 A.m !" the only place to discuss Cody Hodgson's trade situation. People who didn't watch the press conference would never know that this is the place to discuss this based on the thread title. sorry, just my 2 cents.

Seriously, how are cody fanboys not getting this through their head? Having Cody would NOT have made us win the cup. MAYBE get through the first round, but probably not as he was a blatant defensive liability. He was cancerous in the room, and had a bad attitude, and they sold him when his value was highest. Seriously people, this is the truth, accept it. He was not the future of this organization, nor did he want to be.

Now that Gillis has thrown Hodgson under the bus after repeatedly stating player's confidentiality will be respected we get some insight into character.

It will be interesting to hear what Cody says at some point in time so we get both sides of the story.

Gillis would have better served his integrity (and that of the team's) by respecting his player's confidentiality.

I understand your rationale, but on the other hand it doesn't make sense to have a thread titled "Canucks Press Confrence Tomorrow 10 A.m !" the only place to discuss Cody Hodgson's trade situation. People who didn't watch the press conference would never know that this is the place to discuss this based on the thread title. sorry, just my 2 cents.

I've updated the title. :)

Hope that helps.

Now that Gillis has thrown Hodgson under the bus after repeatedly stating player's confidentiality will be respected we get some insight into character.

Get of codys shaft

It will be interesting to hear what Cody says at some point in time so we get both sides of the story.

Gillis would have better served his integrity (and that of the team's) by respecting his player's confidentiality.

Hodgson is not captain material, he's a cancer.

Says one thing to the Fans and media and then does the complete opposite.

Hodgson with Murph:

Hodgson "I don't care what line I play on, or how many minutes I get, as long as I can contribute"

10 Mins later:

Hodgson with Gillis:

"I want to be on the 2nd line and I want 16+ minutes a night or trade me!"

So happy Gillis gave him a low blow today, greedy, whiny kid deserved it.

I'm def not a Cody fanboy ... just saying that if Cody could have helped us get to round 2, you never know what could happen after that. The further we go, the higher Cody's stock value might have been ... then trade his entitled arse in the summer. Let's just say that his defensive liability couldn't have been any worst than some of of our players in those 5 games.

If they don't make major changes to this team, no matter how much Gillis claims "others" are envious of our team, the Canucks will have trouble selling out their games and will have to manufacture their "sellouts". This market is too knowledgeable to be served proven failed models of the same ineffective players: Raymond Malhotra Luongo to name a few.

Everyone DOES accept this. The issues is the craptastic return and timing. I think it would have been prudent to hang on to Cody until the offseason. I personally don't think his value would have diminished. He may have had his flaws but he showed he could be a difference maker and add some secondary offense. He was an option the Canucks lacked in the playoffs.

I agree with you.

If he scored a couple of goals...his stock would be much higher. If he didn't get any points...his value wouldn't have dropped as much since the whole team played terrible (except the goalies).

Nucks may have gotten Kassian + 1st rather than Kassian + MAG. Or even Toronto's 5th overall pick.

Meh...what's done is done.

Seriously, how are cody fanboys not getting this through their head? Having Cody would NOT have made us win the cup. MAYBE get through the first round, but probably not as he was a blatant defensive liability. He was cancerous in the room, and had a bad attitude, and they sold him when his value was highest. Seriously people, this is the truth, accept it. He was not the future of this organization, nor did he want to be.

Reading between the lines

-one goalie is almost certainly gone – still not sure which (return governs all), hence hedging his bets

-Lack is very close – not willing to publically gift him backup role just yet, plus may compete with goalie coming back for the above

-Hodgson – “spent more time in the last 3 years dealing with Cody issues than with all other players combined.” (Kind of reminds me of certain CDC members’ priorities.) Priceless, and strong stuff for Mike so you know he had it up to here what with the guy.

-better than 50% AV walks the plank – maybe sold as “mutual agreement” type thing as in Calgary . Knows ownership will have him (Gillis) back, hence no need to delay on AV as he was doing in the presser

-Jensen – sounds like most ready to make the jump, plus coaches really liked him at last last year’s camp. Desperation to get skilled size into lineup?

-Rodin – another year on the farm highly probable

-other minor leaguers – no real indication either way, just name throwing

-Kesler, Edler – no question or indication as to their futures. Thing is you never know with MG. If Philly goes far it will be tough to overlook what they did with their once upon a time 2 core pieces.

Archived