The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans, Do You Continue To Watch Playoffs?

mark3

After watching 87 games this season, I am giving myself a pass. Since Sunday, I have golfed 2 rounds and logged 12 hours in Skyrim. Not sure if we will win a cup next year but feel strongly that we may be the first to win president's trophy 3 years in a row.

i thought i might enjoy some other playoffs games as well but i just feel a bit empty inside . as some have pointed out the boring style of hockey that is employed by some of the remaining teams puts me off ,but i will still follow philly's progress ,5 and a half months is a long time with no hockey .

Nope...it's just not as interesting/exciting when it's not the Canucks, and the other teams I didn't mind are all out. Watching a bit of soccer now here and there. Very much a patience game...alot of passing passing passing...they need to open up the game more. Once they get settled in the end zone it just gets clogged up in front of the net, so many bodies. Or maybe there is space when you're actually on the grounds it's just about finding an open line or getting by the wall of players unless there's a rule that prevents them from standing behind the opposing players??

Sure. Especially deciding games. And the Final. I'll definitely try and watch the Boston game 7 if I'm not busy so I can see them hopefully lose.

The difference between before the Canucks were eliminated and after is that I'm now in control of my TV life instead of it controlling me. :)

The silver lining to the clouds is whats above those clouds. The Sun! And I now have the freedom to leave another playoff game on TV behind if the weather cooperates , especially on the weekend and I can spend the whole day and evening outside in our awesome Province.

I wont be as avid about watching games, but to not watch would be blasphemy as hockey is the greatest sport on the planet with or without the Canucks moving on.

I'll root for Ottawa or Nashville... anybody but the same ole same ole teams.

I detest the Rangers, Philly,and Boston, so to potentially watch the East lose is the only positive I can glean from this disappointing season.

I'm kinda stuck tbh. I mean all the teams i like or would cheer for are out, Detroit, Chicago (only because i enjoy watching Toews), Pittsburgh. I may watch Florida just for the sake it has some ex-canucks and I miss not seeing Jovo play. But i doubt i will watch every game from a particular team. Maybe try and catch one or two games a week.

I will watch Philly because Giroux is a friggin stud. Sorry Crosby guys but Giroux and Stamkos are the new faces of the NHL. Also love watching Hartnell play would love him on a line with the Sedins, the most fun line to watch in the league. I am also going to watch the Blues and Queens to see if Brown will try to cheap shot Backes like he did Hank.

Nope. Hockey season for me ended when the Canucks' season did. I will check out the scores on NHL.com though. And watch highlights. But I find it hard to watch entire games when I don't care for or know the entire team.

sigh...

Archived