The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This Is Canucks Fan Base In A "nut"shell

krazysl

Let's pretend for a moment that CDC was a fair representation of canuck fans in general. It still doesn't make it a unanimous hive mind.

Look at a "trade kesler" thread. Do you just read the OP and no responses? If all you go by is thread titles, then sure, things look negative, but if you read the actual opinions, there is a lot of diversity.

If I wanted to generalize, I would say that the fanbase are filled with martyrs who want to believe they are the one shining light in a pit of darkness. Fighting the impossible fight against 8 million to one odds any time someone says something contrary to how you feel. But seriously, you are not unique, special or rebeling against any popular opinion.

You just have an opinion like many others that may share it.

Well am I the only one watching the playoffs thinking...........we should have been better than these, we are better.

Sorry if that sounds like I'm a bad loser but I believe we have a better team than most of the teams who have progressed .........including LA.

i have a real problem with people just saying "the fans" did this and "the fans" did that...

im a "fan" and i dont think kesler should be traded... thats moronic, selke winning, 40 goal scorers that you developed through your own system dont come around that often...

im really starting to think its just the media telling us what we as a fanbase are thinking! even last night's game, they brought up luongo and one of the comments was "the fans made it obvious they dont want him here"... the negative is always spun about this team, and if anyone should be run out of town it should be the brutal sports media in vancouver - and after that, the suits that are wasting good seats that a hockey fan could be in

Lets get this straight I was not bashing Linden, but had he been in this era of Canucks fans and we drafted him in 2003 (lets just say) he would have had 7 years of producing big numbers and playing great hockey. Then would lose game 7 of the SCF and next season get only 40 points. Canucks fans would chew him up and spit him out. Then He would continue for the next 11 seasons getting less then 40 points......lol But thats not what happend, I was and am a fan of Linden. He scored huge goals for us, i was using him as a point. Lucky for Linden he was traded to NYI and his career want down from there. Then he got traded back to us when his career was coming to an end and expectations were not high, so that he wouldnt have had to face the scrutiny of the Canucks fan base. Kesler had carried the canucks on his back and most were saying he should be captian. Has one bad year and now he is a selfish arrogant prick. Next season he has a big season and you sheep will be sucking his____________.

Finally a post that makes sense. Leave the team alone. Let them get an off season that will help them produce. The the Copy Hopscotsch trade was the best thing to happen to the Nucks. He is over let me say it again over rated needing much work on his own to stay in the NHL. Hold tight to what we have and let the MG ball roll.

NUFF SAID

"What have you done for me latley".\Hodgson is a god because he started to put points in this year. If he was not traded we would have beat the kings. Cody last season was on the chopping block, most fans wanted him traded. he was slow and week, but this season he showed his potential...\

I have a nutshell of my own:

-The best team in the league during the regular season is soundly beaten in 5 games

-Obviously there is a ton of room for improvement

-If trading away any player (including Kesler) gets a great return, then thats what Gillis needs to do. Its his job after all.

Lets get this straight I was not bashing Linden, but had he been in this era of Canucks fans and we drafted him in 2003 (lets just say) he would have had 7 years of producing big numbers and playing great hockey. Then would lose game 7 of the SCF and next season get only 40 points. Canucks fans would chew him up and spit him out. Then He would continue for the next 11 seasons getting less then 40 points......lol But thats not what happend, I was and am a fan of Linden. He scored huge goals for us, i was using him as a point. Lucky for Linden he was traded to NYI and his career want down from there. Then he got traded back to us when his career was coming to an end and expectations were not high, so that he wouldnt have had to face the scrutiny of the Canucks fan base. Kesler had carried the canucks on his back and most were saying he should be captian. Has one bad year and now he is a selfish arrogant prick. Next season he has a big season and you sheep will be sucking his____________.

Who the hell gives a crap about how you spell you're and spelled? You damn better spell Linden right though.

Warmplate pretty much sums it up.

Also, I'll take Trevor Linden's 0.8 ppg in the playoffs over all of our team. Who gives a crap about the regular season anymore.

This is stupid.

Just because someone yells the loudest, doesn't necessarily mean he speaks for the entire colony.

There's a couple idiots who make retarded comments and it seems these comments are the only ones that tend to resonate with the people reading them. Putting me in that "nutshell" is offensive. I love and support this team immensely, and I honestly think most of the fan base is just as supportive.

Over the past month or so I started listening to a lot of team 1040. My job involves a decent amount of driving, and listening to regular radio stations got boring. I can honestly say the media takes small issues, and blows them up ten fold. When you think about how much air time they literally have to occupy with chatter, it becomes obvious that they get carried away with ANY Canucks related story, especially if they know it will create attention - and they beat the living hell out of it. What else are they going to talk about for 10 straight hours? The nfl draft?

It's a sickening cycle. A small idea gets blown up by the media, and just gets perpetuated by the readers/listeners.

Archived