The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interesting Article On Hodgson, Playoffs

CrippledCanuck

How do you account for Sulzer +2, is he that much of a faster learner than hodgson and in those 15 gp he had the same amount of points. I see that cody is going to be a good player but he was not going to be the savior of our team, he is not the type of player that is going to carry a team in the playoffs, offensively. Defensively he was criticized here for his lack of ability so any points he helped get he might also have given points away to, we dont know. No one knows or will know what he could have done I go by facts, slumping team = he was slumping as well.

I agree, the fact is he was playing well in Vancouver under our system. How he did after the trade under a new coach and system has no bearing as to how he was playing for us. Any story that uses that as reasoning should be passed off for the junk that it is.

The best move was to trade him in the summer. MG blew it and he knows it, that's why he attacked Cody.

making a difference seems to be the same kind of wonky anti-global-warming-science that some people use to make the case for firing Canucks coach Alain Vigneault, whose team's 228 points this season and last included 105 wins - five more than the Pitts-burgh Penguins and at least 10 more than any other NHL team.

But, aha, the Canucks play in the dismal Northwest Division so their performance and back-to-back Presidents' Trophies don't count. Of course, Vancouver still went 11-6-3 against the fierce Central Division and 11-5-4 against the Pacific.

Guest Dasein

Hank - nope

Daniel - nada

Ryan - not this year

Alex B - tried

Chris - disappered

David - was star strucked, 1st time in the playoffs

Alex E - tooks steps backward

Juice - went along for the ride

Hammy - tried to do to much

Bobbylu - time ran out

Schnierman - couldn't do it.........

..........and you think the great Cody would have made a difference, you're having delusions of grandeur.

B)

Archived