The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

Your going off on a tangent of your original post I was responding to, which claimed that we could not survive without animals and animals could survive without us. The disagreement is in that I think we could survive without them and you, from your original post did not think so. Now you claim that only 1-10% would survive without them, and in turn, take a difference stance than your original post.

funny way of weaving into the right position isn't it? maybe you should become a politician.

Hey that's cool. But you have to admit it wasn't hard for them to kill the animal. There's very little difficulty there and it isn't much to brag about. Go out with a group of guys, with guns against one single animal - who doesn't know any better. that's all I'm saying. At least when you eat the kill there's some honor. But many don't and I don't feel booth is eating that bear meat.

Takes a lot of skill involved I mean from that last picture - a couple chubby casual 'jean and t-shirt guys, can walk out and accomplish it. Congratulations on that amazing victory over the bear. I mean it must have been a battle of the ages. Something you can pass on from generation to generation.

Stop with the "gods creatures argument" It is pointless, A large majority of the world eats meat and killing a bear i have 0 problem with as long as it is used. I disagree with killing an animal for just sport. IF the meat is used or the pelt then there i have no problem with it. I'm willing to wager a large majority of people commenting have never been hunting in their lifes and are just being judemental as this world is full of people with useless uninformed opinions on a topic.

I Don't think people understand just how hard it is to kill a bear, especially with a bow and a bear that size its even more remarkable that it went down so easily. A clean bow shot as another said is usually taken from 50-60 yards, getting that close is sooo hard, as you have to take so many things into account and animals have way better senses then us except vision. The argument of people way back in history did it with just sticks and rocks is misinformed.

Really people back then were by all accounts alot smarter then us and they didn't go out by themselves. Entire tribes went out and overwelmed the animal, alot of men died its not so cut and dry as people make it seem. You would have a hunter go out by himself with a stick? that in itself isn't fair, the animal has a huge advantage. It's bigger, alot stronger, has claws that will kill you with a single swipe and teeth that will rip you apart. Animals and humans are never a fair fight so we invented items to help turn the odds in our favor. This world is way to messed up for people to be worrying about a man killing a bear.

A lot harder to bag an anti-hunter. Having a gun myself, it would be a little more difficult than a bear. Not to mention I have friends like you so it would be ignorant hunters + guns vrs ignorant anti-hunters + guns. So at least we have a fair fight.

By the way some of you seem to be overly defensive and missing my point. I'm not actually against hunting. It's just a side of hunting that I have seen that I don't like. One that's disrespectful and arrogant.

When I said "We", I meant most people, not every single human. You seem to love arguing. Why not focus on the positives I mentioned about sea vegetables, and survival. Maybe you should be a lawyer.

I got my meds thanks - they're called common sense - give it a try one day. Bears aren't hunted for food. I have never once EVER heard of a bear being hunted to be eaten. It's a predator and just like ourselves in nature, it's very rare that a predator actually feeds on a predator. This to me is a 'man vrs beast trophy scenario - although completely misguided by the addition of technology. Which completely tosses the true man vrs beast scenario out the window because it's not natural. And that's my point.

Apparently there are a lot of vegetarians on cdc. At least the bear got to live out his life in the wilderness, unlike the deplorable conditions that chicken you ate last night lives in. I'm no hunter either, but it happens, people need to relax. If booth comes out next season and puts up 30 goals no one will care, and if he does, then I might suggest that he take the rest of the team with him to go kill some stuff next offseason.

A lot harder to bag an anti-hunter. Having a gun myself, it would be a little more difficult than a bear. Not to mention I have friends like you so it would be ignorant hunters + guns vrs ignorant anti-hunters + guns. So at least we have a fair fight.

By the way some of you seem to be overly defensive and missing my point. I'm not actually against hunting. It's just a side of hunting that I have seen that I don't like. One that's disrespectful and arrogant.

You're right. Modern hunting with guns is cruel. It would be much better if the dug bear traps or perhaps used whale bone sprung inside seal fat that snaps ope when the bear eats it. Then they follow it for days waiting for the animal to slowly bleed to death from the stomach.

The more dangerous it is to hunt an animal (or even the playing field) the more pain and suffering the animal endures. Hunting 99% of the time is more humane (quicker and less painful) than "natural" death.

I got my meds thanks - they're called common sense - give it a try one day. Bears aren't hunted for food. I have never once EVER heard of a bear being hunted to be eaten. It's a predator and just like ourselves in nature, it's very rare that a predator actually feeds on a predator. This to me is a 'man vrs beast trophy scenario - although completely misguided by the addition of technology. Which completely tosses the true man vrs beast scenario out the window because it's not natural. And that's my point.

Archived