Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyville88

[Confirmed] Kesler Out Upto 6 Months After Shoulder Surgery

235 posts in this topic

From the Canucks

Media Release - Ryan Kesler has successful shoulder surgery to repair torn labrum. #Canucks

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that centre Ryan Kesler had successful shoulder surgery to repair torn labrum.

“After consultation with our team physicians following the playoffs, it was deemed that Ryan would require a procedure on his shoulder,” said President and General Manager, Mike Gillis. “We expect a full recovery and determined this procedure would best serve both Ryan and the team’s long term goals.”

Farhan Lalji

#canucks announce Kesler has shoulder (labrum) surgery. Full recovery expected in SIX months. Guessing he wont push to come back early again

So sounds like he'll miss the start of next season again :(

Hopefully this means he'll be back to 100% health when he returns. A healthy Kes = a productive Kes and a productive Kes = a happy fanbase :)

Happy healing!

good! now quit breaking! we don't have a warrantee on you!

Yowsa. Poor Kes, 3rd summer in a row recovering from injury. He must have been in a lot of pain, warrior playing through it.

Oh well, he was absent more of last season anyways. :bigblush:

I knew he wasn't fully right.

Take your time Kes' we need you healthy for the playoffs not October.

Ugh. Dude!

At least he can skate during the summer. But, so much for practicing his shot.

damn. i knew he had to be hurt, but i didnt think he was hurt this bad. hopefully he dosent rush back. i say sit him out till christmas to make sure hes 100%.

Well, it looks like my Kesler for Getzlaf proposal is out the window now lol

damn, this means another offseason of rehab instead of training. He repeatedly credited his Selke + 40-goal season to his offseason, I remember hearing every game about his "100 shots a day" making his wrist shot lethal. I was really thinking he could get close to that this year but I don't see it now. If he doesn't rush himself hopefully he'll have his legs and can get back into Selke talk but I personally don't think he'll be scoring over 25 (looks like he'll miss at least the first month).

That sucks, he needed to learn a new move thi offseason. Everyone figured out his toe drag shoot from the top of the circle move.