The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team 1040 Morning Show- Botchford

DezzyBeygass

Let me start by saying I am a fan of The Team 1040 and 1410. Perhaps I am in the minority here, but I just CAN'T STAND Jason Botchford on air. I think he is a fantastic columnist, but he should stick to that, and that alone. He constantly yells and gets into the most ridiculous, self serving arguments on air. He is constantly antagonizing his co-hosts and the audience. His delivery is awkward and I feel the need to turn off the radio from 9am-11am. I would like to know if anyone else feels this way or am I just being hard on the guy?

Thanks.

Let me start by saying I am a fan of The Team 1040 and 1410. Perhaps I am in the minority here, but I just CAN'T STAND Jason Botchford on air. I think he is a fantastic columnist, but he should stick to that, and that alone. He constantly yells and gets into the most ridiculous, self serving arguments on air. He is constantly antagonizing his co-hosts and the audience. His delivery is awkward and I feel the need to turn off the radio from 9am-11am. I would like to know if anyone else feels this way or am I just being hard on the guy?

Thanks.

Botchford sucks as a writer and as an on air personality.

I'm finding the Team 1040 is now so in bed with the Canucks that you only get press releases from them. No news, no insight. Nothing. In fact if it wasn't for some of the guests that they bring on, I'd completely stop listening to them.

Add to this they are too busy talking about celebrities, instead of talking about oh I don't know....SPORTS?

It's the same crap that killed Much Music is happening to Sports.

(P.S. You guys know it's ok to talk about the Whitecaps, the upcoming Canadian's season, the upcoming Euro...)

It's getting that bad.

I can't stand him either. Always sounds like he's whining at someone, always thinks he's brilliant and won't let the other hosts speak their point as if it is a good way to win an argument. His morning "Shot of Scotch" reminds me of the typical whiny fan here on CDC. I bet he roams this board and gets his ideas from the group of whiners here. I rarely agree with anything he has to say.

I AM SHOCKED AND APALLED TO HEAR ALL THESE ATROCITIES!!! (see what I did there? ::D)

Seriously though, I really like Botch and his angry rants. He's quite obviously not being serious and it's funny as hell. Though, I do sometimes wonder how Scotty doesn't reach over the desk and smash him in the face. :lol:

I disagree, I usually agree with most of Botchford's opinions. And that's the thing, atleast he has opinions, something the station has lacked since Pratt left. The only guy that annoys me is Pederson (Peterson?), mainly because of his phony radio voice not matching his face, hah.

Other than B-Mac and Donnie, I find it really hard to listen to the Team these days.

Matt Sekeres that little piece-of-sh*t should not be on the air in Vancouver.

I will never forget the day he was hosting Canucks Lunch on a game-day during the SC Finals and he spent the entire segment ragging on the Canucks organization, the players, the city and the fans. He had Bruce ARthur on (a fellow Toronto-based Globe & Mail wirter) and they had a field day at the expense of anything Canuck related. And this guy is hosting a Canuck-based hour-long show while the team is in the Finals??

Other than B-Mac and Donnie, I find it really hard to listen to the Team these days.

Matt Sekeres that little piece-of-sh*t should not be on the air in Vancouver.

I will never forget the day he was hosting Canucks Lunch on a game-day during the SC Finals and he spent the entire segment ragging on the Canucks organization, the players, the city and the fans. He had Bruce ARthur on (a fellow Toronto-based Globe & Mail wirter) and they had a field day at the expense of anything Canuck related. And this guy is hosting a Canuck-based hour-long show while the team is in the Finals??

What, did he predict they weren't going to win the Stanley Cup and you're upset that he ended up being right? I like Sekeres because he has straight up said in the past "I'm not a Canucks fan". Unbiased opinion on this team is something this market needs, if we listen to homers all day long we'd believe the team was a contender every single year.

What, did he predict they weren't going to win the Stanley Cup and you're upset that he ended up being right? I like Sekeres because he has straight up said in the past "I'm not a Canucks fan". Unbiased opinion on this team is something this market needs, if we listen to homers all day long we'd believe the team was a contender every single year.

Archived