#1 DezzyBeygass

DezzyBeygass

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

POPULAR

Let me start by saying I am a fan of The Team 1040 and 1410. Perhaps I am in the minority here, but I just CAN'T STAND Jason Botchford on air. I think he is a fantastic columnist, but he should stick to that, and that alone. He constantly yells and gets into the most ridiculous, self serving arguments on air. He is constantly antagonizing his co-hosts and the audience. His delivery is awkward and I feel the need to turn off the radio from 9am-11am. I would like to know if anyone else feels this way or am I just being hard on the guy?

Thanks.

#2 Gino Odjick

Gino Odjick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

Let me start by saying I am a fan of The Team 1040 and 1410. Perhaps I am in the minority here, but I just CAN'T STAND Jason Botchford on air. I think he is a fantastic columnist, but he should stick to that, and that alone. He constantly yells and gets into the most ridiculous, self serving arguments on air. He is constantly antagonizing his co-hosts and the audience. His delivery is awkward and I feel the need to turn off the radio from 9am-11am. I would like to know if anyone else feels this way or am I just being hard on the guy?

Thanks.

You're definitely not alone. Botchford looks like a former choch with some residual after affect still in the bloodstream. I find him more annoying than Tom Larscheid's squeal after Naslund would score.

#3 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,106 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Botchford sucks as a writer and as an on air personality.

I'm finding the Team 1040 is now so in bed with the Canucks that you only get press releases from them. No news, no insight. Nothing. In fact if it wasn't for some of the guests that they bring on, I'd completely stop listening to them.
Add to this they are too busy talking about celebrities, instead of talking about oh I don't know....SPORTS?
It's the same crap that killed Much Music is happening to Sports.

(P.S. You guys know it's ok to talk about the Whitecaps, the upcoming Canadian's season, the upcoming Euro...)

It's getting that bad.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#4 Cpt.Clutch

Cpt.Clutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

I can't stand him either. Always sounds like he's whining at someone, always thinks he's brilliant and won't let the other hosts speak their point as if it is a good way to win an argument. His morning "Shot of Scotch" reminds me of the typical whiny fan here on CDC. I bet he roams this board and gets his ideas from the group of whiners here. I rarely agree with anything he has to say.

#5 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Oh come on now you guys...you're just being homophobic...

#6 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Team 1040 in general has really lost steam. The last bit of kick it had was with Pratt. Now the station in general is pretty bland.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#7 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

I AM SHOCKED AND APALLED TO HEAR ALL THESE ATROCITIES!!! (see what I did there? ::D)

Seriously though, I really like Botch and his angry rants. He's quite obviously not being serious and it's funny as hell. Though, I do sometimes wonder how Scotty doesn't reach over the desk and smash him in the face. :lol:
Posted Image

#8 Biznow

Biznow

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Sekeres is worse, his whiny nasally voice drives me insane

Posted Image~Biznow

#9 Iron_Gland

Iron_Gland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

I disagree, I usually agree with most of Botchford's opinions. And that's the thing, atleast he has opinions, something the station has lacked since Pratt left. The only guy that annoys me is Pederson (Peterson?), mainly because of his phony radio voice not matching his face, hah.

#10 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Other than B-Mac and Donnie, I find it really hard to listen to the Team these days.

Matt Sekeres that little piece-of-sh*t should not be on the air in Vancouver.

I will never forget the day he was hosting Canucks Lunch on a game-day during the SC Finals and he spent the entire segment ragging on the Canucks organization, the players, the city and the fans. He had Bruce ARthur on (a fellow Toronto-based Globe & Mail wirter) and they had a field day at the expense of anything Canuck related. And this guy is hosting a Canuck-based hour-long show while the team is in the Finals??

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#11 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Price needs his evening show back , with Tomlinson it wasn't that bad. Don't bother to listen to Paterson
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#12 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,598 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Sekeres and Price are the only 2 worth listening to, and even Jeff Paterson, but thats it
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#13 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

Sekeres and Price are the only 2 worth listening to, and even Jeff Paterson, but thats it

By "worth listening to" you mean when you need a good laugh, right?

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#14 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

I find myself having to switch to traffic 730AM or 1130AM when Botch goes off on a self-serving rant. I'm with OP. He is TERRIBLE !!!

Edited by Neversummer, 09 May 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#15 Vanuck14

Vanuck14

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

I only listen when Canuck games are on, can not stand any of them myself.

#16 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Other than B-Mac and Donnie, I find it really hard to listen to the Team these days.

Matt Sekeres that little piece-of-sh*t should not be on the air in Vancouver.

I will never forget the day he was hosting Canucks Lunch on a game-day during the SC Finals and he spent the entire segment ragging on the Canucks organization, the players, the city and the fans. He had Bruce ARthur on (a fellow Toronto-based Globe & Mail wirter) and they had a field day at the expense of anything Canuck related. And this guy is hosting a Canuck-based hour-long show while the team is in the Finals??

What, did he predict they weren't going to win the Stanley Cup and you're upset that he ended up being right? I like Sekeres because he has straight up said in the past "I'm not a Canucks fan". Unbiased opinion on this team is something this market needs, if we listen to homers all day long we'd believe the team was a contender every single year.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#17 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

What, did he predict they weren't going to win the Stanley Cup and you're upset that he ended up being right? I like Sekeres because he has straight up said in the past "I'm not a Canucks fan". Unbiased opinion on this team is something this market needs, if we listen to homers all day long we'd believe the team was a contender every single year.

No, not at all. He and his guest Bruce Arthur discussed a few topics:
- Why the rest of Canada hates the Canucks, and especially Canucks fans (and rightfully so, in their minds)
- Why Canucks fans do not deserve to have a champion in their city.
- Why the Canucks team does not deserve to win the cup, and how it would be tainted if they did (overblowing the diving, ect).

And this is on a segment called Canuck Lunch, on a Canucks game-day, is this the appropriate time to trash the Canucks (the main reason people listen to the station) and Canucks fans (the main people who listen to the station)?

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#18 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

I lol'd.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#19 I R Baboon

I R Baboon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

I don't mind Sekeres and Price but only for Tell Me I'm Wrong, and hashtags

#20 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

I only listen to B-Mac and Taylor.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

I can only imagine what Botchford sounds like on air but if it is compared to his dumbass articles then I don't care to listen. His biased views are what push Canucks fans to sour on our players. He is a jackass to the 10th degree.

#22 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

I would agree with most of what you said.

I find Rintoul annoying as well. He seems like a nice guy but says some of the stupidest stuff on air.

Sekeras & Price are gold from 10-1

BMAC & Taylor is great as well, I like them together. I just hate their guests generally. Every time I listen it seems to be about golf or a beaten to death Canuck story.
http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#23 blitzkrieg66

blitzkrieg66

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Sekeres and Price have really good chemistry and are fun to listen to the most out of all the shows. I agree, Tell Me I'm Wrong is one of the best segments out there

#24 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

Those of you Botch haters must have loved this mornings crossover. :lol: :lol: He's a man of his word.
Posted Image

#25 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

No, not at all. He and his guest Bruce Arthur discussed a few topics:
- Why the rest of Canada hates the Canucks, and especially Canucks fans (and rightfully so, in their minds)
- Why Canucks fans do not deserve to have a champion in their city.
- Why the Canucks team does not deserve to win the cup, and how it would be tainted if they did (overblowing the diving, ect).

And this is on a segment called Canuck Lunch, on a Canucks game-day, is this the appropriate time to trash the Canucks (the main reason people listen to the station) and Canucks fans (the main people who listen to the station)?

So you cringe at the thought of anyone not supporting this team? Most people hate Canuck fans because they are clueless or choose not to care about anything in the NHL other than the Canucks. At least they were speaking about and weren't afraid to say what the rest of the country was saying at the time (and most in the country still believe all of these things.) on a Vancouver radio station. I think most fans would be able to listen to this and laugh it off, not taking it personally and offer their opinion back towards the rest of the country on why their team is better than say, Toronto.

Sounds like you took it right to the heart though. Sorry if you are a Canucks superfan that can't take a little criticism towards your team, especially criticism coming out of Toronto :frantic:

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#26 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

Only person worth listening to on that show is when Ferraro/Mckenzie/Mcguire are on.

The others don't tell you something you don't already know.

Posted Image

#27 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

So you cringe at the thought of anyone not supporting this team? Most people hate Canuck fans because they are clueless or choose not to care about anything in the NHL other than the Canucks. At least they were speaking about and weren't afraid to say what the rest of the country was saying at the time (and most in the country still believe all of these things.) on a Vancouver radio station. I think most fans would be able to listen to this and laugh it off, not taking it personally and offer their opinion back towards the rest of the country on why their team is better than say, Toronto.

Sounds like you took it right to the heart though. Sorry if you are a Canucks superfan that can't take a little criticism towards your team, especially criticism coming out of Toronto :frantic:

What? It's called a time and a place. That was neither.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#28 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

What? It's called a time and a place. That was neither.

They were talking about the Canucks still on 'Canucks Lunch' were they not?

I fail to see how it wasn't the time or the place.

#29 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

My favorite lineup, circa 2008:

BMac and Rintoul
The Rick Ball Show
Pratt and Taylor
The Blake Price Show

If they had developed a Moj and Sekeres show for the 9:00-12:00 slot, it would have been perfect.
The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#30 giXXer

giXXer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Botch ford is an idiot, he's always intreuppting people and always taking in the background, WAIT YOUR TURN JACKASS!!!, I find that guy annoying as hell, good post.!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.