Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Jordan Schroeder Ready To Seize Opportunity With Canucks (The Province Article)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#91 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm psyched to get this kid in the lineup. While I loved Cody Hodgson, and hate American players ( :P) Schroeder has game. With his attitude, and skill set, he's going to be big for us.

I want to get back to the level of our 2010/2011 team so bad.

Pretty excited to see how how these players fair in training camp:

Jordan Schroeder
Nicklas Jensen
Alexandre Grenier
http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#92 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Ive liked Schroeder since his 1st WJHC on a line with JVR. They were amazing together,

Its possible he'll start the year as the 2nd or 3rd line center, or even 2nd line winger, but my basic impression of his play is that of speed and puck distrubution off the rush... Something that David Booth desperatley needs in order to optimise his offensive potential.

Theres no doubt that Schroeders offensive game has dropped off since turning pro, but his WJHC numbers are pretty solid... 7 goals - 20 assists in 19 games is proof that theres some untapped potential. Theres also been word that his defensive game has improved dramatically. Im guessing he'll end up making the team out of camp.... Even with the aquisition of Paveski for Lui and Raymond.. :emot-parrot:

sedin - sedin - burrows
booth - pavelski - schroeder
higgins - lapierre - hansen
? - malhotra - kassian

kesler comes back and eases into the lineup on the 3rd line, as the 2nd line is doing just fine in his absence, to which he finds some brilliant chemistry and defensive miss-matches on a scoring/shutdown line with higgins and hansen. :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot:

#93 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

This probably won't get read, but I'll post it anyway for poops and giggles. How you can directly compare stats of Schroeder and Hodgson is non sensical. Schroeder is a midget by NHL standards and if you and "King of Anarchy" think that those stats will transfer to the NHL, that's one optimistic bet. Players like Theo Fleury, Martin St. Louis, and even our Cliff Ronning are few and far between. I'm not saying Schroeder won't make it, but lets not join a hype machine fueled only with a single semi decent season in the AHL.

My point is that people overhyped Hodgson to the point where they were so disappointed in him not making the team that they began calling him a bust. You are falling for the same thing here.

So, let's see here. Hodgson's 3" & 7lbs advantage is what puts him in an entirely different stratosphere? Guess what Schroeder has that Hodgson will never have: high end speed and a first step that allows for separation.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#94 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,464 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

I'm psyched to get this kid in the lineup. While I loved Cody Hodgson, and hate American players ( :P) Schroeder has game. With his attitude, and skill set, he's going to be big for us.

I want to get back to the level of our 2010/2011 team so bad.

Pretty excited to see how how these players fair in training camp:

Jordan Schroeder
Nicklas Jensen
Alexandre Grenier

So you hate Ballard, Booth, Kesler, and Schneider?

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#95 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

My point is that people overhyped Hodgson to the point where they were so disappointed in him not making the team that they began calling him a bust. You are falling for the same thing here.

So, let's see here. Hodgson's 3" & 7lbs advantage is what puts him in an entirely different stratosphere? Guess what Schroeder has that Hodgson will never have: high end speed and a first step that allows for separation.

IMO Schroeder has better puck handling skills also. I think Hodgson has the edge in terms of intangibles (ie, so-called clutch performance and leadership) and shooting.

He's working on his shooting this summer, so I think he'll be getting better in that department as well.

Edited by Dasein, 15 May 2012 - 12:35 AM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#96 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

So you hate Ballard, Booth, Kesler, and Schneider?

More... I wish they we're Canadian :P

Or even Swedish.

Something about good American players bothers me. I worry the day is coming when that country will dominate hockey like they do everything else.

Edited by BurnabyJoe, 15 May 2012 - 11:41 AM.

http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#97 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

Cool good to hear, I don't watch the Wolves so all I got is stats, my point was the jump from AHL to second line center in the NHL is pretty big and even without watching him I am doubtful he can make that leap. I don't think I'm out to lunch making that statement, if he does make that kind of impact next season awesome! I'd love seeing more young players on the roster.

I watch a lot of Chicago games and while I am impressed with Schroeder, his work rate, and his determination I feel he will struggle unless he puts some beef on. The NHL is just so much more physical than the AHL. Basically we are talking about someone an inch shorter and 2 lbs heavier than Andrew Ebbett..............and we can see the punishment he takes

Nevertheless I would like to see him get a chance if he shapes up pre season.

Note: Much of his success in Chicago is down to his chemistry with Bill Sweatt, I would like to see a tandem tried on the 3rd line in pre season.

Edited by Bodee, 15 May 2012 - 01:26 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#98 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Almost the same weight as Raymond and 4 inches shorter...That means he has a low centre of gravity and won't fall all over the ice like Mase does.

Don't be mistaken, the guy may be small but he's strong and hard to knock off the puck. He ranked high up in alot of the strength drills in his combine year.

What separates him from Raymond is that he actually knows where to go when entering the offensive zone, and he knows how to make plays, sometimes out of nothing, instead of killing them.

While I agree DN, it amounts to the same thing in the end, MR has 10 lbs on Schroeder. (and hopefully another 5-10 lbs come pre season if he muscles up like he said he would :) )
Kevin.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.