The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Different Vancouver - Toronto Trade

Personally, I don't like this trade. Toronto gets the huge contract attached to a 33 yr old (albeit a good one) goalie. And Vancouver loses a lot of cap while Toronto gains 5.3333 in cap. + Van gets a good big d man and the 5th overall.

I loved your other proposal! Why change perfection?

Personally, I don't like this trade. Toronto gets the huge contract attached to a 33 yr old (albeit a good one) goalie. And Vancouver loses a lot of cap while Toronto gains 5.3333 in cap. + Van gets a good big d man and the 5th overall.

I loved your other proposal! Why change perfection?

The cap is going up by a lot rumor has it (pending on new CBA), so hope that relaxes you a little.

This deal also makes Reimer a little more expandable to a team desperate for a goalie (Tampa???).

Reimer+ would probably land you a future 1st/2nd line center by the name of Vladislav Namestnikov.

:)

I would do this but I'm not too sure Toronto would unless they have a deal done clearing more cap space

I think I would be okay with this deal though. Franson adds a little physicality but more offense to our D too. I hope MG adds another defensive defenseman to our D if this is done. If he can't trade Luongo for a young physical defenseman

I would do this but I'm not too sure Toronto would unless they have a deal done clearing more cap space

I think I would be okay with this deal though. Franson adds a little physicality but more offense to our D too. I hope MG adds another defensive defenseman to our D if this is done. If he can't trade Luongo for a young physical defenseman

I was reading Rumours and Toronto seems to be the team Luongo will be traded to so It'll be interesting to see what happens!

Luongo made a list of 5 teams he would accept a trade to. Toronto, Florida, Tampa, Chicago and idk the 5th. My guess is Edmonton

Florida - Said they have Markstrom. Not in the running

Chicago - Luongo wont be going to the WC. Not in the running

Tampa - Yzerman said he wasn't interested in Luongo so idk the situation. Some could argue its for negotiating power.

Toronto - Very much in the running

Kesler is better built as a RW. His best stretch came as Sundin's RW in 2009 - 33 points in 41 games

My hopeful top-9:

Sedin Sedin Wheeler

Booth Staal Kesler

Higgins Gaustad/Stoll/Lapierre Burrows

OR

Sedin Sedin Staal

Booth Kesler Wheeler

Jordan Staal didn't play very well on Malkin's LW, but I think if he had more time to adjust to the Sedins' wing, plus Staal hits about 2 times per game, could open up room and help the cycle game on their line.

I agree about Kesler being more of a RW but I still think its a longshot before they move him to the wing and replace him with Staal.

That's A LOT to do to make a lineup like that, I'm sorry I can't see it happening, you rarely see drastically changed lineup with the exception of Philly last year. Would be nice though.

If it happens I'll eat my shoe.

I hope you're hungry on draft day then lol

A lot of Pittsburgh fans want a solid 1st/2nd line winger who is strong on the puck for Crosby (Booth). They want one before the inevitable big pay raise to Jordan Staal.

They also complained about their bottom-6 not playing great defensively.

I haven't posted this to them yet, but this is my offer:

To PIT: Booth, Malhotra (Limited NTC), Alberts & VAN 1st (26th)

To VAN: Staal & Lovejoy

A package evolving around Booth and spare parts does not land you Staal, many teams will outbid you and offer way more than that. Booth does not have much value considering his salary and his poor play, he has failed to live up to his contract.

Lately, I've been drifing in this direction:

To Toronto: Luongo, Vancouver's 1st (assuming Gillis doesn't need it to sign an RFA), a d-man prospect, a forward prospect.

To Vancouver: Colborne, one of Schenn or Franson.

regards,

G.

Archived