94 replies to this topic

#61 Brocklovich

Brocklovich

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

If you even read my OP you would have noticed that I did watch it with an open mind, I had no idea what I was about to watch. Good for you for working on the show, do you really think the creator was sending out memo's to the entire crew letting them know about their agenda? Irrelevant.

I'm not looking to make up things, or look too deeply, I'm just relaying what's being presented. I'd say the things I've pointed out are pretty basic and blatant forms of predictive programming. If you deny any of the ones I've pointed out, please explain why.

I can't wait for episodes 3 and 4 to find out why Liberty = Terrorism, should be interesting.

By the way the only reason I'll be continuing to "watch" (more like monitor), this show is because of the blatant propaganda, if it wasn't for that I don't think I would've made it past the first episode, it's just as bad, quality wise, as any reality show. I prefer the off button.

I usually don't ever say something like this to people but you honestly have to get a life dude. There are no hidden messages, there isn't any propoganda it is in your imagination and you are coming across like a paranoid schizophrenic (Not intending this as an insult I know quite a few people who suffer with mental illness) trying to find imaginary things that flat out aren't there.

#62 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

Thank god you're here to show us the light

(seriously, I was about to fall over from the complete and utter disorientation of this thread)

My dog looked at me funny this afternoon.

I think he's part of a larger conspiracy.

Quick tell the masses what to think because other people are telling them what to think.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

I usually don't ever say something like this to people but you honestly have to get a life dude. There are no hidden messages, there isn't any propoganda it is in your imagination and you are coming across like a paranoid schizophrenic (Not intending this as an insult I know quite a few people who suffer with mental illness) trying to find imaginary things that flat out aren't there.

I'm sorry, but do you really think there isn't propaganda and predictive programming being used on you through TV? You really can't be serious.

If your definition of having a life is submitting to peer pressure and accepting what I'm told without questioning things, then I will gladly continue to have "no life".

Posted Image

#64 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

MY GOD MY DOG LOOKED AT MY LIKE THAT TOO!!!

Synchronicity!
Posted Image

#65 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

MY GOD MY DOG LOOKED AT MY LIKE THAT TOO!!!

Synchronicity!

Singularity???

Our dogs are robots who write for the show continuum.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,240 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

I'm sorry, but do you really think there isn't propaganda and predictive programming being used on you through TV? You really can't be serious.

If your definition of having a life is submitting to peer pressure and accepting what I'm told without questioning things, then I will gladly continue to have "no life".

I'm quite sure he's referring not to the fact that you believe to be aware of this supposed brainwashing, but more that you feel the need to be the 'studying this one sci-fi show and let everyone on a hockey forum know about the propaganda' police. You gotta admit, that's weird.

#67 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

Yeah....they should totally just submit to you and accept what you're telling them. Right?

Lets pretend this plays out and we go to the part where you tell me no and that you've never said you're telling people what to do or think even though you are in a smug my crap doesn't stink because my eyes are more open and everyone else is a lemming kind of way and then I toss out an easily hit ground double quality jab at everything you've had to say. Maybe it's something like calling you a sheep for following the conspiracy heard to the point of the ridiculousness you've spoken about in this thread.

This thread seems like propaganda.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 11 June 2012 - 07:41 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Yeah....they should totally just submit to you and accept what you're telling them. Right?

Lets pretend this plays out and we go to the part where you tell me no and that you've never said you're telling people what to do or think even though you are in a smug my crap doesn't stink because my eyes are more open and everyone else is a lemming kind of way and then I toss out an easily hit ground double quality jab at everything you've had to say. Maybe it's something like calling you a sheep for following the conspiracy heard to the point of the ridiculousness you've spoken about in this thread.

This thread seems like propaganda.

I don't watch TV nor do I engage in conspiracy theories. Why doesn't anyone listen to me!? :(

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#69 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

I'm quite sure he's referring not to the fact that you believe to be aware of this supposed brainwashing, but more that you feel the need to be the 'studying this one sci-fi show and let everyone on a hockey forum know about the propaganda' police. You gotta admit, that's weird.

Oh is that what he meant when he said "there isn't any propaganda". Sorry I tend to look too deeply into such simple statements, for hidden meanings y'know?

And to address your ridiculous tangent you just went on; it's an off-topic forum, in a thread you don't have to click on, on a website where information such as this is needed to invoke people to do their own due diligence on the subject matter. There's no sense preaching to the choir now is there?

Posted Image

#70 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,240 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Oh is that what he meant when he said "there isn't any propaganda". Sorry I tend to look too deeply into such simple statements, for hidden meanings y'know?

And to address your ridiculous tangent you just went on; it's an off-topic forum, in a thread you don't have to click on, on a website where information such as this is needed to invoke people to do their own due diligence on the subject matter. There's no sense preaching to the choir now is there?

Ok bud, if it makes you feel good I guess. But you still have yet to tell me why you're beating us over the head with this show and its such obvious propoganda when there are hundreds of other shows brainwashing us more covertly.

#71 wtpasc

wtpasc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enzaao300M0

I still haven't decided if I think Alex Jones is just looking to sell fear to make some cash, or if he really believes what he spouts, and is looking to make some money while exposing the "truth".

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#72 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,121 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Looks good, will check the show out.
I'll read the crazy posts in this thread later.

#73 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,373 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

This thread makes me lol. Also the show is pretty damn good. You guys should go watch it.

w909Z5O.gif

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#74 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

Ok bud, if it makes you feel good I guess. But you still have yet to tell me why you're beating us over the head with this show and its such obvious propoganda when there are hundreds of other shows brainwashing us more covertly.

If you refuse to believe me when I point out the most obvious examples, what's the point of trying to point out more subtle ones?

Posted Image

#75 dank.

dank.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

I still haven't decided if I think Alex Jones is just looking to sell fear to make some cash, or if he really believes what he spouts, and is looking to make some money while exposing the "truth".

Ya I'm a little indifferent about Alex Jones. I follow his stuff, but I always take what he says with a grain of salt and find other sources before drinking his koolaid. I prefer to listen to Alan Dykes and Paul Watson anyway.

Posted Image

#76 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,240 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

If you refuse to believe me when I point out the most obvious examples, what's the point of trying to point out more subtle ones?

I agree.

#77 Cause=Time

Cause=Time

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

I don't watch TV nor do I engage in conspiracy theories. Why doesn't anyone listen to me!? :(

What? You mean that you don't think that reptilians are hiding in a hollow moon with Elvis Presley and Tupac Shakur using a remote control Loch Ness monster to communicate with shapeshifting Illuminati members at freemason meetings where they discuss the New World Order and how to prevent the Canucks from winning the Stanley Cup?

You must be crazy. Everyone knows about those things.

Edited by Cause=Time, 11 June 2012 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image

MERCY YEARS - Debut EP out now! - Check it out at mercyyears.com

#78 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

#79 wtpasc

wtpasc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

Ya I'm a little indifferent about Alex Jones. I follow his stuff, but I always take what he says with a grain of salt and find other sources before drinking his koolaid. I prefer to listen to Alan Dykes and Paul Watson anyway.

none the less, he is one entertaining dude.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#80 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

none the less, he is one entertaining dude.

Have you heard his Y2K clip?

William Cooper exposed him quite amusingly anyway.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#81 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

I always thought u were quite influential around here bud. Don't worry!!!
Posted Image

#82 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,997 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

What? You mean that you don't think that reptilians are hiding in a hollow moon with Elvis Presley and Tupac Shakur using a remote control Loch Ness monster to communicate with shapeshifting Illuminati members at freemason meetings where they discuss the New World Order and how to prevent the Canucks from winning the Stanley Cup?

You must be crazy. Everyone knows about those things.

Posted Image

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#83 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,223 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

what's worse than a conspiracy theorist? one that isn't hilarious.

#84 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

I just saw the first episode.

Its all on Showcase's website.

http://www.showcase....ml?v=2238383063

It seems obvious that Sadler is pulling the strings of all this because he smiles when the terrorists are transported to the past. I am not sure whether he wants to end or reinforce the corporate dictatorship. It might be that Liber8 and Kiera are all unwitting pawns in his grand scheme.

I think most viewers would be appalled by the crap going on in the future. Corporations taking control of governments, public executions, people implanted with identity chips, etc.
Posted Image

#85 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

Today's episode made me lol. The occupy protesters with the black bloc assholes tearing apart downtown Vancouver made me smile a bit, but Carlos' comment about them "singing in drum circles, smoking pot and eating soy burgers" actually made me lol out loud

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#86 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hmm, in the future, corporations have purged textbooks, arrest anyone who dares criticize them, and artificially manipulates prices with their monopoly control on supplies. The future Canada, or in Continuum's case North American Union looks a lot like modern China but much more technologically advanced of course.

It looks like the producers are trying to make Kiera seriously question whether she is fighting for the right side. My guess is that she is going to somehow either stand down or change sides at the last moment.
Posted Image

#87 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,373 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hmm, in the future, corporations have purged textbooks, arrest anyone who dares criticize them, and artificially manipulates prices with their monopoly control on supplies. The future Canada, or in Continuum's case North American Union looks a lot like modern China but much more technologically advanced of course.

It looks like the producers are trying to make Kiera seriously question whether she is fighting for the right side. My guess is that she is going to somehow either stand down or change sides at the last moment.

Well that much was pretty obvious from the onset. The whole thing was set up in this grey, ambiguous territory, to make the viewers themselves think alongside Kiera as she figures it out right from wrong.

That's just good writing... not propaganda, lol.
Also, the show's been pretty good up to this point. Will recommend it again.

w909Z5O.gif

#88 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

yeah it's been pretty good

they need to stop showing the library in every single episode though lol

#89 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

episode today was really good

way too much crying though lol

#90 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,373 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

Yeah, that was pretty sad. I just watched the entire episode waiting for something to go wrong.

Was a very good episode. Curious what this sets up for the finale next week.

w909Z5O.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.