The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo rightful goalie of the Vancouver Canucks

timmylu1

I remember 2009, game 6 against Chicago, we scored and scored and scored again, we lost the game 7-5. Luongo couldn't make saves in an elimination game. The next year we lose to Chicago again in game 6 on home ice and we lose 5-1, Luongo admitted though that at least he didn't give up 7 that time. 2011, we are ahead in the series 3-0 on Chicago and Luongo gets blasted for 12 goals combined in games 4 and 5. Schneider starts game 6 and gives up 3, Luongo gives up the OT winner while doing a bellyflop. He played well in game 7.

I will mention Boston, yes we only scored 8 goals and yes Luongo was brilliant in the wins. However he still gave up 18 goals goals in the other 4 games. Even if our offence was going as well as it did in the regular season, how were we supposed to overcome that?

I am pro Gillis getting the best marginal return for the goalie who is dealt.

If the return for Cory is a premium, and the return on Luongo is diminished it makes sense to deal Schneider if there is a significant gap is quality of return.

This also works the other way, in that if a biddin war drives up Luongos price and we can get what is essentially market value for Luongo, you keep the younger of the two.

Trading away an asset that the organization drafted and built to thrive is stupid

keep valuable assets and unload diminishing assets or go bust

Look at what Calgary did to themselves!!

Look at all the draft picks and prospects they gave away to make room for garbage.

And what if Luongo really does want out? You wanna trade the guy that took over his spot and hope that he will be happy now?

I hope the second paragraph is along the lines of what happens

Keeping Schneider is the right decision.

He is younger.

He is cheaper.

He has better lateral movement.

His positioning is better.

He hasn't had a serious groin injury.

The Canucks drafted him, groomed him in the minors, and has turned him into an NHL starter. He should be our future franchise goalie.

haha oh i see, so you only like players when they're doing well then if they falter you stop....cool story bro that's not bandwagonish at all. Surprised you're not hating on the Sedins seeing as how they've underperformed in the playoffs in the past as well

Nope I was wrong thinking he was, but now I realize like most people on cdc that he isn't that kind of goalie we need. I would say I was a lu believer but after season after season of not perfoming I don't trust him. There is nothing wrong with that buddy cause in the end it's my opinion. Stop looking the world through a narrow tunnel. Thinking he is not the one for the job does not mean your a bandwagon, people like you are actually the prime candidate for one though.

Hodgson was a different situation entirely though. He wanted out and he wasn't happy with the Canucks anymore and his limited ice time. He also knew it would be several years before he would have the chance to move up the lineup and he didn't want to wait. I don't think Schneider is the same way.

Hodgson was a different situation entirely though. He wanted out and he wasn't happy with the Canucks anymore and his limited ice time. He also knew it would be several years before he would have the chance to move up the lineup and he didn't want to wait. I don't think Schneider is the same way.

Cory has stated that he wants to be given a chance to be a starting goaltender.

Cory has played ,what? 68 regular season games as a Canuck.

Cory has stated he wants to go if he is not given a starter's role here.

Pretty much a no brainer for any elite athlete.

However,Cory has ONE (1) post season win under his belt.

You morons would be singing a completely different tune if the TEAM happened to win the Cup last year.

Luongo is an established elite goaltender. If you think because he doesn't have a Cup, that makes him unreliable and a choker, you are a frigging idiot.

I'm 99% certain that the people who still want Luongo around are the people who purchased Luongo jersey's and want to keep them relevant. I don't see how anyone would not want a fresh start in net with a young, stud goalie that's been coming up through our system.

You morons would be singing a completely different tune if the TEAM happened to win the Cup last year.

Luongo is an established elite goaltender. If you think because he doesn't have a Cup, that makes him unreliable and a choker, you are a frigging idiot.

Archived