The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Beep Beep in the Jeep! Another shutout performance from Mike Smith who is making up for lost time. Yeah! Sadly that also means TJ Galiardi and Joe THornton were held off the scoresheet in the same game. Hahaha.....can't win for losing.

My rangers will take 25 points out of the early games and look to improve in the late afternoon and evening! What a good day for hockey.

winnipegfreepress_WFP.gif

Feb. 9, 2013

Walking Wounded

Recovering from off-season surgeries, Ryan Kesler and Zach Bogosian have been making strides towards returning to the lineup. Kesler has been skating with the team for the past week or so, and taking part in practices as well. Sidelined after wrist and shoulder surgeries to start the year, it seems that it may not be much longer before Jets fans see #17 suiting up for game action. The coaching and medical staff both stress that every precaution is being taken.

"Ryan came to camp in great shape, perhaps the best of his career, save for his ailing shoulder," Jets coach Claude Noel told the press this morning. "Once the medical staff says he's good to go, we will leave it up to Ryan. Ryan wants to play, he's a fierce competitor. But we want him long term. Rushing him back would be poor judgment on our behalf. We have to take care of our players first and foremost. That goes for Zach too."

Ah yes, Zach Bogosian. Also sidelined with a wrist ailment, the 22 year old defender looks to be about a week away from returning to the lineup. Bogosian returned to practice on Friday and while he still needs to get up to game speed, he would be a welcome addition to the Winnipeg blue line, which has struggled so far this season. The club has long been rumoured to be looking to the trade market to shore up the blue line, but a healthy Bogosian would surely take some pressure off of Jets GM canuck2xtreme.

Gallagher smashing expectations like watermelons

After a fantastic training camp where he forced his way onto the opening night roster, 20 year old Brendan Gallagher has been a breath of fresh air in what has otherwise been a fairly slow start as a whole for the Jets. Brendan has already moved his way up the depth chart and is currently tied for 3rd on the team in scoring with 40 pool points. With 4 goals and 6 points in just 10 games, the diminutive right winger is making a big impact.

Off the Schneid

The start of the 2013 season didn't really go the way Cory Schneider had planned. But since then, the goaltender has been solid in his first stint as the number one guy. After a disasterous opening night, the Marblehead MA native has been rock solid, bringing his GAA down to 2.36 and improving his save percentage to .921 as he improved his season record to 4-2-0. Not quite the lofty numbers he posted last season, but definitely trending in the right direction. So far, the early returns on the Jets decision to stick with Cory despite the numerous trade offers have been favourable.

Changing of the guard

Ryan Kesler has proven once again why he is a leader on the team. After relinquishing the captaincy to Sidney Crosby at the start of the season, Kesler told the press he wanted his teammates to feel a sense of leadership in the room and on the ice. He also told reporters that it will help him return when the time is right.

"We don't need letters on our sweaters to bring leadership. Sidney is one of our leaders and was the obvious choice to take over the captaincy," Kesler told the Free Press. "Now when I'm ready to return, I can come back and feel my way back into the lineup. I won't feel that extra pressure to lead right away, I can take those extra few precautionary steps to make sure I'm 100%. I'm no good to this team if I come back and just get hurt again. We're here to win, none of us care who has a letter. It's what's best for the team."

Jets GM canuck2xtreme has not said whether the captaincy would be returned to Kesler upon his return.

"That's up to the players. They choose their captain, not us."

standingsEastern.png...........standingsWestern.png

......EASTERN.....................WESTERN....

small.png - 900 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 776

small.png - 759 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 775

2ef5pn7.jpg - 744 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 623

small.png - 790 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 704

small.png - 748 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 677

small.png - 713 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 623

small.png - 708 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 623

small.png - 684 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 611

---------------------------------------------------

small.png - 670 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 599

small.png - 664 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 592

small.png - 658 . . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 532