Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4386 replies to this topic

#3961 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Didn't look like a joke to me. It looked like Luongo-bashing.

Later, the poster realized how silly it made him look, so decided to pass it off as a "joke".

It's a pretty obvious joke dude. Someone before him said the same thing and Schnieder would have made it farther.

Your lack of sense of humor and apparent anger over this doesn't make him look "silly", It makes you look like a crybaby

#3962 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,339 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

This thread continues to go downhill...

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3963 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

Where's a mod when you need one?

Posted Image

#3964 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Lol dude, please just stop before you make yourself look like more of a goof. YOUR post clearly shows YOU'RE in need of grammar lessons.

"Dude"?! :picard:

Thanks Steve, for your contribution to a conversation that has absolutely nothing to do with you and to which you add absolutely no insight or value.

Signed

The Big Lebowski

#3965 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,677 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

Roberto Luongo Doubles Up; Almost Confirms He’s Been Traded to the Florida Panthers

Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo came in to Day 4 with just 1/3 of an average stack but a double-up early in the level has him back in the game. Luongo moved all-in from middle position after the player to his right raised to 11,000. Luongo’s opponent called the additional 70,000 and turned over 7 7. Luongo was racing with A Q. The Q T 5 flop brought instant relief for Luongo and the 2 turn and Q river were safe cards for the Olympic gold medal winner. After the hand Luongo was sitting on a stack of 173,000.

Hockey fans in Vancouver have been eating up the coverage of their star goalie, Roberto Luongo, as he plays in his first WSOP Main Event. He might not be their goalie for much longer though, if you read between the lines of a conversation Luongo had with another player at his table, Kamran Siddiqui.

“You played for my hometown team,” said Siddiqui, who is from Miami.

“Who’s that?” asked Luongo.

“The Florida Panthers,” answered Siddiqui.

“Oh yeah, I might be going back there,” said Luongo, while smiling.

“Yeah?” asked Siddiqui.

“Might be,” replied Luongo.

Shortly after the bubble burst Luongo was eliminated. He finished 634th for $19,227.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3966 VegasCanuck

VegasCanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

News Flash

Its been reported that Luongo may be on the trade market and Further that he MAY actually be traded before his contract runs out!

Film at 11!

#3967 thaji

thaji

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Last opened the page at 128....come back today and see the thread is at 133 so naturally I get super excited to read some info only to find its 5 pages of guy A bashing guy B than guy C coming into bash guy A for bashing guy C

PS: yes the use of word "bash" 3 times in one sentence is intentional. Just thought I would clarify before I get bashed for using the word too much

#3968 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,915 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Last opened the page at 128....come back today and see the thread is at 133 so naturally I get super excited to read some info only to find its 5 pages of guy A bashing guy B than guy C coming into bash guy A for bashing guy C

PS: yes the use of word "bash" 3 times in one sentence is intentional. Just thought I would clarify before I get bashed for using the word too much

Screw you man!! U know nothing about hockey and I know everything!! Hahaha jk

#3969 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,879 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

One day this thread will be gone and so will Lou.

That's poetry folks.

#3970 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

One day this thread will be gone and so will Lou.

That's poetry folks.

Gone will be this thread
With it our former All-Star
Add one more headstone

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#3971 Nuxin07

Nuxin07

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

Patience is critical for trading Lou. I personally cannot wait for him to get out of here... His 6 year window is up and it's time to move on.

My preferred trade:

To Van:

Gudbranson
2nd

To Fla:

Lou
Tanev

Take the Egos away DT and MG and come to an agreement. A blue chip for an accomplished All Star goalie with lots of juice left in the tank and a sweet cap hit. Fair Deal.
"No I don't think we need one designated guy to only come out against a guy who plays 3 minutes a game and watches Pinky & the Brain." - Alain Vigneault

"When you take out a guy wearing the C for a team north of the border, that's like whacking a made guy in the mob. You just don't do it." - Ross Bernstein, author of "The Code: The Unwritten Rules of Fighting and Retaliation in the NHL", regarding Steve Moore's hit on Markus Naslund.

RIP Luc Bourdon 1987-2008

#3972 jimmyking8888

jimmyking8888

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Luongo and Gillis togother to Toronto for Burke and a box of Toblerone.

#3973 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

Patience is critical for trading Lou. I personally cannot wait for him to get out of here... His 6 year window is up and it's time to move on.

My preferred trade:

To Van:

Gudbranson
2nd

To Fla:

Lou
Tanev

Take the Egos away DT and MG and come to an agreement. A blue chip for an accomplished All Star goalie with lots of juice left in the tank and a sweet cap hit. Fair Deal.

Edited by RonnieColeman, 14 July 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#3974 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:09 AM

My preferred trade:

To Van:

Gudbranson
2nd

To Fla:

Lou
Tanev

Finally a deal that is realistic! Would not mind this trade at all, although we could probably also use one of Weiss, Bjugstad, Matthais, but I wonder how much it would take to pry Gudbranson and one of those centers

#3975 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

Lol dude, please just stop before you make yourself look like more of a goof. YOUR post clearly shows YOU'RE in need of grammar lessons.

I hate grammar nazis especially if grammar is the only thing they can comment about in a post. But, I gotta say, that time he had it right. He was saying "your juvenile attempt" not "you're juvenile attempt".

But one thing that you can comment about is the fact that he wrongly wrote "who attacked who"; the second 'who' should have been WHOM, not WHO. ("Who attacked whom?")

<------- (History major, English minor)

Edited by Dazzle, 14 July 2012 - 12:35 AM.

Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#3976 Kola Nuts

Kola Nuts

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

Luongo for a bowl of chips and salsa.

I'm hungry.

Posted Image

#3977 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

Luongo for a bowl of chips and salsa.

I'm hungry.

That's blasphemy!

#3978 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

That's blasphemy!

No doubt. Where's the guacamole and sour cream?

Chips and salsa alone is such a lowball Burke type of offer...

Edited by stuckinontario, 14 July 2012 - 06:11 AM.

Posted Image
Canucks brass, send scouts out to Ptbo!

#3979 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

I would be happy with some top level picks if we can sign doan.... Chances are slim though eh?

#3980 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

From those of us suffering from autocorrect to the grammar nazis: f off already!!!

#3981 HockeyHobo73

HockeyHobo73

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Note: If you are a fan of the Canucks and are comfortable with a trade proposal that would bring in certain players for Luongo (and/or other players), it is likely not a fair trade and likely will not take place...

However, there are maybe a handful of people who are realistic in their expectations...

#3982 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Finally a deal that is realistic! Would not mind this trade at all, although we could probably also use one of Weiss, Bjugstad, Matthais, but I wonder how much it would take to pry Gudbranson and one of those centers

What a dumb trade. We're trading away a blue-liner who's proved himself this season for an unproven rookie, then we trade an accomplished goalie for a 2nd ROUND pick? Garbage.

#3983 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Gudbranson is FAR better than Tanev. Just saying.
Posted Image

#3984 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

What a dumb trade. We're trading away a blue-liner who's proved himself this season for an unproven rookie, then we trade an accomplished goalie for a 2nd ROUND pick? Garbage.

Let me guess what your idea is, Lu + Raymond + Ballard + Malhotra for every or any top notch player(s) from anywhere? Give me a break, it's one of the most realistic trades that have been proposed in this thread, we already know that Tallon is not giving up Gudbranson (top 3 prospect, pronger type potential) for Lu (aging goaltender with a hefty contract no matter how you want to look at it or justify it). We have to sweeten the deal to get one of their top prospects, or settle for a mediocre return and maybe even a bad contract, or let Lu sit on our bench and eat up 5.33 mill in cap space that could be used for a top 6 winger and get some depth scoring that is sorely needed in the playoffs. Give your head a shake and take your homer blinders off.

In my opinion I see 3 scenarios
1. We add in a good sweetener with Lu (ex Tanev) and get a prospect with GREAT potential back OR a solid top 6 player back and small pieces, we either get top 6 through the trade or can sign one with newly cleared cap space
2. We trade JUST Lu and get a mediocre/okay return and maybe even a bad contract (refer to apparent leafs offerings of kulemin/Komisarek type players, or lecavalier from TB a couple months ago, etc) and not be able to sign any quality top 6 help cause of bad contract back
3. We let Lu be the best backup in the league, create drama all season, and have 5.33 mill in cap space on the bench not contributing at all for 70%+ of the season, and therefore also unable to acquire a top 6 forward because of salary cap

I don't know if you're capable of making a non-homer decision, but option 1 sounds best...

#3985 HiFiclub

HiFiclub

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

This thread continues to go downhill...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Canucks
Posted Image

#3986 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Lu for future consideration.

jk
Posted Image

#3987 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Let me guess what your idea is, Lu + Raymond + Ballard + Malhotra for every or any top notch player(s) from anywhere? Give me a break, it's one of the most realistic trades that have been proposed in this thread, we already know that Tallon is not giving up Gudbranson (top 3 prospect, pronger type potential) for Lu (aging goaltender with a hefty contract no matter how you want to look at it or justify it). We have to sweeten the deal to get one of their top prospects, or settle for a mediocre return and maybe even a bad contract, or let Lu sit on our bench and eat up 5.33 mill in cap space that could be used for a top 6 winger and get some depth scoring that is sorely needed in the playoffs. Give your head a shake and take your homer blinders off.

In my opinion I see 3 scenarios
1. We add in a good sweetener with Lu (ex Tanev) and get a prospect with GREAT potential back OR a solid top 6 player back and small pieces, we either get top 6 through the trade or can sign one with newly cleared cap space
2. We trade JUST Lu and get a mediocre/okay return and maybe even a bad contract (refer to apparent leafs offerings of kulemin/Komisarek type players, or lecavalier from TB a couple months ago, etc) and not be able to sign any quality top 6 help cause of bad contract back
3. We let Lu be the best backup in the league, create drama all season, and have 5.33 mill in cap space on the bench not contributing at all for 70%+ of the season, and therefore also unable to acquire a top 6 forward because of salary cap

I don't know if you're capable of making a non-homer decision, but option 1 sounds best...

How many months do people need to try and gauge Luongos value ? His value will be determined on the situation that is presented to Gillis .
Best case scenario is a few teams become desperate and start to try out bidding each other but if there are no teams that feel desperate enough about there goaltending situation that they will pay the asking price Gillis has on Luongo then Gillis needs to decide if its really worth trying to bring the possible disaster that could happen with Luongo back in the fold next season . Not only from what could be created by the players themselfs in the locker room but the problems that local media would love to stir up in the papers could easily turn this into a really bad situation . Luongo has to be moved this summer and hopefully not for a contract that is aslong as his or at least at a better cap hit
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#3988 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Right, Tanev's 54 games as a bottom pairing defenseman proves himself way more than Gudbranson's 72 games as a bottom pairing defenseman. They both have great upside however they don't offer the same things as the other. Tanev ( a 22 year old) is a puck moving defenseman who plays solid positional defense. Gudbranson (a 20 year old) is a physical shutdown type of defenseman with some offensive abilities. Both players need much more developing and experience to become effective players in this league. Gudbranson, however, has the higher upside because he is bigger, stronger and boasts a heavy shot. There's a reason he was selected 3rd overall not too long ago.
Posted Image

#3989 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

One of my favorite Lu tweets:

Strombone@strombone1

Magic 8ball is not a source “@HockeyyInsiderr:my previous tweet was a joke.Hes not a Leaf(yet) but Leafs are front runners as per my sources"

:towel:

#3990 WetPaint

WetPaint

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

News Flash

Its been reported that Luongo may be on the trade market and Further that he MAY actually be traded before his contract runs out!

Film at 11!

I will be watching at 11!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.