Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

You should probably re-read my post.

Reading comprehension fail?

No I got it, I'm saying there is evidence that MG is trying to move Lou from MG's own mouth (he has moved past the on the phone listening). You are wrong with your assessment.

Edited by Nino, 25 June 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#122 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

I admit the logistics are not realistic but I thought he had a NT clause not NM? Anyways, the thought of sitting on the bench, watching his career fritter away, should make him give his head a shake and open his mind to more options.

why would he when he can shove it up the a$$ of the retarded so call Canucks fan here and add on to the 40+ yrs of misery?

#123 nucklehead2

nucklehead2

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION! :frantic: :frantic:

ohhhhhh pheobe:p

#124 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

The guy is a Columbus beat writer, he sounds more like spewing sour grapes because Columbus can never get a goalie like Luongo

He's a pretty reliable guy actually. Perhaps his source isn't bang on, but don't shoot the messenger.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#125 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

Uh.....

Greater Toronto Area Population = 5.5 MILLION

Greater Vancouver Regional District = 2.2 MILLION

Think about that for a second.

Never mind the massive corporate sector compared to Vancouver.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#126 Monty085

Monty085

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

Uh.....

Greater Toronto Area Population = 5.5 MILLION

Greater Vancouver Regional District = 2.2 MILLION

Think about that for a second.

uh yeah Rogers Arena holds 18,890 there buddy. we have plenty of population, people would not go to games here if we were as bad as the Leafs have been for the past decade.

You think the Grizzlies would have failed as badly as they did attendance-wise if they had some winning seasons?

Edited by Monty085, 25 June 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#127 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

You think the Grizzlies would have failed as badly as they did attendance-wise if they had some winning seasons?

You think if Vancouver had 2x the population things would be different? Did you know that the Leafs haven't been sold out for as long as us?

#128 Nuckswillwinitall

Nuckswillwinitall

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

I am pretty sure a no movement clause would stop MG from just sending him to the wolves and not sure ownership wants a 5.5 million dollar player in the AHL. That would also put him on waivers if you did send him down I believe and if he did get claimed ( which he would ) we can pay have his cap hit until he retires!!!! Great Idea

he has a NTC, He doesn't have a NMC. If he threatened to not waive his no trade after stating he would, the team can and probably would bury him in the minors.

#129 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

he has a NTC, He doesn't have a NMC. If he threatened to not waive his no trade after stating he would, the team can and probably would bury him in the minors.

The Canucks wouldn't bury him in the minors, that is totally idiotic. How the hell would that look to UFAs? Think first, then type.

#130 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,932 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

This is all out B.S. Someone is trying to stir up crap right now. Probably with intentions of reducing his value. By saying, "he will only waive to Florida." gives Florida leverage as they are the only team he can be traded too. Someone is trying to stir up B.S, and this is totoally not true. Why the hell will Gillis who probably spent hours talking to Burke and probably other gms about Luongo if he was only willing go to Florida? This is totally not true.

He's a pretty reliable guy actually. Perhaps his source isn't bang on, but don't shoot the messenger.

HIs source would have told other's about this. Why would his "source" only tell him. I smell B.S. Probably have intentions of reducing his value.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#131 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

HIs source would have told others about this. Why would his "source" only tell him. I smell B.S. Probably have intentions of reducing his value.

i don't know who his source is, do you?

#132 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

looks like the wifey got to him. sigh.... I really don't know if the Panthers want him with Jacob Markstrom NHL ready next season.

Edited by jigsaw99, 25 June 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#133 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

looks like the wifey got to him. sigh.... I really don't know if the Panthers want him with Jacob Markstrom NHL ready next season.

They may want to make the playoffs?

#134 nucklehead53

nucklehead53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

Imagine Lou in a chicago jersey. I can see why he denied that option
It only takes one hard fought series to make a rivalry

#135 Monty085

Monty085

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

You think if Vancouver had 2x the population things would be different? Did you know that the Leafs haven't been sold out for as long as us?

They're sellout streak as of March 28th was only 34 games less than ours, and this is with a team that hasn't made the playoffs in almost a decade. Our sellout streak started in the early 2000's before that when we sucked we barely even got 14-15 thousand people into the building

#136 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

It really isn't...look how bad the Leafs have been for what 8-9 years now? yet they still sellout every night despite not making the playoffs since before the lockout.

If the Canucks had been that bad for that long we'd be lucky to get 10,000 people into the arena

Who fired their coach? Fans or the GM? I'm going with the fans!
Posted Image

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#137 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

Sigh... make a deal already Gillis before other teams get their goalie situations solved.
Posted Image

#138 Monty085

Monty085

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

Who fired their coach? Fans or the GM? I'm going with the fans!

hmm, didn't know fans had the authority to make such decisions. thank god they don't give our fans the same authority here

#139 JohnTavares

JohnTavares

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

Sigh... make a deal already Gillis before other teams get their goalie situations solved.

:picard:

Patience is a virtue. I'm glad Gillis doesn't think like most of the fans on the board. There is literally NO goalie's on the market right now, outside of Bernier and Luongo. Rest of the goalies available through trade or free agency are most likely backup goalies or fringe starters.

Remember this is the same Gillis who essentially stole Ehrhoff for free by being patient.

Edited by JohnTavares, 26 June 2012 - 02:16 AM.

RGMG: New York Islanders

Posted Image

#140 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

im sick of getting no sleep staying up reading up on the latest rumors ARGHHH just be done with it already.....the speculation is excruciating
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#141 smokes

smokes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

im sick of getting no sleep staying up reading up on the latest rumors ARGHHH just be done with it already.....the speculation is excruciating

This ain't NHL12, this trade is will help define Gillis as a GM. He is either going to look like a genius or a fool. A little time for cooler heads to prevail is not a bad thing. See how the free agency shapes up? It can drive up the price for a desperate team.

Plus keeping Luongo and giving the starts to Schneider is not necessarily a bad idea. It's like insurance in case Schneider turns out to be a Jim Carey or Brian Boucher or Steve Mason or Andrew Raycroft. Schneider goes down, we got a world class insurance policy. We get rid of Luongo we have Lack. Not so great of a policy.

#142 Mountain Dew

Mountain Dew

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

So what, you honestly expect him to sign for the Blackhawks?

#143 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

The Canucks wouldn't bury him in the minors, that is totally idiotic. How the hell would that look to UFAs? Think first, then type.

This is a little harsh - I agree that burying Luongo in the minors is improbable at best but the Rangers put Redden in the minors 2 years into a 6 year contract. That didn't stop Richards from signing there.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#144 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

Meh. I couldn't care less about this Portzline guy's "report" on Twitter, since I think his "very good source" is likely his own @$$. I can't think of any good reason that a beat reporter for a Columbus newspaper would have information that everybody else in the hockey world just happened to miss...
Posted Image
Canucks brass, send scouts out to Ptbo!

#145 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

Posted Image

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#146 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

No one ever CONFIRMED that Luongo doesn't want to be here....it was all rumours that may or may not be reliable...the only thing Luongo said was that he would waive his NTC if he was asked to by MG

+1... He said if they want to deal him, he'd be willing to comply. and Bob MacKenzie already said that these rumours are just that. He's never said no to Toronto and he's never been asked to provide a list of teams yet even. I trust Bob over any rando CBJ reporter.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

View Postdajusta, on 27 March 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#147 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

+1... He said if they want to deal him, he'd be willing to comply. and Bob MacKenzie already said that these rumours are just that. He's never said no to Toronto and he's never been asked to provide a list of teams yet even. I trust Bob over any rando CBJ reporter.

You still believe this BS, Lou is screwing with us right now. He is a crying little boy, don't play me in the playoffs and I'll ask for a trade and drive my value down by only accepting one team.

Send him down the Canucks can pay it. And Stan I think it's a great message to send to other players, we want you to play hard, play consistent, and if you screw with us your down. Players that want to win would be happy to play for a team like that, players that just want to be paid not so much.

#148 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hope Lou doesn't get splinters from sitting on the bench....that will change his thought process I',ll bet !!!

#149 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

Hope Lou doesn't get splinters from sitting on the bench....that will change his thought process I',ll bet !!!

The bench in Chicago, it's about as good as trading him as it cuts his cap hit out.

The boos Lou will get next time he plays in Vancouver... Lol

Edited by Nino, 26 June 2012 - 08:38 AM.

#150 JustNazzy

JustNazzy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

It's not his fault. Sportsnet said it's an option. Hell, even Bob McKenzie said this...

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie
"End of day, Luongo has to make sure he doesn't end up in CHI...with AHL Wolves. Right now, tho, FLA and TOR think VAN asking price too high."

As stupid as it sounds, it is an option. I can't see it happening but I have seen so many stupid things go on in the NHL, nothing surprises me anymore.

We all know how Luongo starts the season, it's the same way every year. It takes him a good month to get going. What happens if Luongo stays here and has a bad month?

Posted Image

Edited by JustNazzy, 26 June 2012 - 08:43 AM.

Posted Image

I believe Mke Gillis is going to argue at the next NHL board of governors meeting for a 59 minute game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.