The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Bure's #10 be retired/be in the Ring of Honour?

ChrisCo!

#10 Retired or Ring of Honour?   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where there's squawking,there's chickens.

Don't remember Pavel thanking Gillis at any point in time.

Another story that could get juicier.

Perhaps knowing what Gillis' part in all of this may shed new light on why Val says Gillis has to go before Pavel considers coming back?

Not the first time I have heard this,either.

As much as I loved how Pavel played and electrified the building. I would say no to retiring his jersey. As many other posters have said. Retiring a jersey has to mean "He was the Heart of the Canucks". A great player but also great in the community too. That's what I think when I think of Smyl, Linden, and Naslund.

Well, MG has said the whole truth has never been told. Perhaps knowing the truth is enough reason that MG doesn't feel he deserves that honor.

And I have to ask....has Valley Girl become Pavels agent or something? Why is he squawking over retiring his brothers number? Like it has anything to do with him.

Where there's squawking,there's chickens.

Don't remember Pavel thanking Gillis at any point in time.

Another story that could get juicier.

Perhaps knowing what Gillis' part in all of this may shed new light on why Val says Gillis has to go before Pavel considers coming back?

Not the first time I have heard this,either.

I think its insane that he sits in the hall of fame but does not have his jersey retired. His number 10 has been out of circulation for 2 years now and probably wont be used any time soon.

It really is mind boggling to me . He spent the best years of his life here , and some in florida too. Perhaps both cities will retire his number.

Hes the most talented Canuck ever to wear the uniform.

:towel:

Definitely not retirable, he didn't spend enough years here and had a messy exit. He's worthy of the Ring of Honor though.

I mean do you think the Cleveland Cavaliers should retire LeBron James' number? Arguably the best basketball player of all time, but was only there for 7 years. Same with Ovechkin, do you think if he left Washington this year he should get his number retired? Nope.

Simply put Bure just wasn't here long enough to warrant him getting his number retired.

I think its insane that he sits in the hall of fame but does not have his jersey retired. His number 10 has been out of circulation for 2 years now and probably wont be used any time soon.

It really is mind boggling to me . He spent the best years of his life here , and some in florida too. Perhaps both cities will retire his number.

Hes the most talented Canuck ever to wear the uniform.

:towel:

I dont buy your attendence numbers. youre telling me the year after the finals our attendence plummits? also, granted i was a kid in the 90's but I went to about 6 games a year and I remember half empty arenas

I dont buy your attendence numbers. youre telling me the year after the finals our attendence plummits? also, granted i was a kid in the 90's but I went to about 6 games a year and I remember half empty arenas

• 3 months later...

Archived