The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bure best Canuck ever?

cmpunk

legitimate question. obviously theres still some bad blood between canucks and bure. but if canucks decide to retire bures number (which i think is ridiculous because 4 #'s w/o even 1 cup, ROH sure but dont retire) would bure even come to the ceremony

I know we have had this discussion here a thousand times, of who is the greatest Canuck ever.

But now with Bure being offically into the Hockey Hall of Fame in a class that includes Joe Sakic, who is no doubt one of the best ever to play the game, does this make Bure offically the greatest Canuck ever?

I know this is never ending debate as we have had some great players, but Bure is going to be the first ever legit Canuck into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Linden, Smyl, Naslund have been great Canucks and have done so much for this city and team, but they may not ever be hall of famers. Looking at pure hockey stats and just playing the game, Bure now should be considered the greatest Canuck "hockey player" we have ever had.

He was an impact player, scoring machine, and as fast and skilfull as they come.

What do you guys think?

I know we have had this discussion here a thousand times, of who is the greatest Canuck ever.

But now with Bure being offically into the Hockey Hall of Fame in a class that includes Joe Sakic, who is no doubt one of the best ever to play the game, does this make Bure offically the greatest Canuck ever?

I know this is never ending debate as we have had some great players, but Bure is going to be the first ever legit Canuck into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Linden, Smyl, Naslund have been great Canucks and have done so much for this city and team, but they may not ever be hall of famers. Looking at pure hockey stats and just playing the game, Bure now should be considered the greatest Canuck "hockey player" we have ever had.

He was an impact player, scoring machine, and as fast and skilfull as they come.

What do you guys think?

Frankly i am so sick of people talking about his "community" involvement. First of all he came here with a cold welcoming from the management, so what is up with that?

Second, he was english as a second language and that is not the easiest cultural thing to over come.

Third, Keenen did not treat him well, and didn't know how to coach that kind of skill.

I am just so sick of the booo hooo hoooers about his "community involvement" since when do any of you know about community involvement? are you volunteering at the soup kitchens? are you helping to fight homelessness in vancouver? really give me a break. Bure never hurt anyone, he wasn't a mean player... why so strong about his "community involvement? He's an athlete, he's not supposed to be the dalai lama.

Flame away.

Community involvement and charity makes you a good person, not a good hockey player. So if I were to pick one player from the Canucks past roster to have on the team today, I would probably say Bure. There are others who have contributed more to the Canucks or had longer careers here, but Bure in his prime was probabably the best hockey player in Canucks history.

Best player to have suitedup for the Canucks? Almost assurdly!

Best Canuck ever? Nah!

What do you guys think?

Nobody can argue that Bure,now in the Hall of Fame,is one of if not the fan favourite of this and the last generation.

Most exciting Canucks forward I ever watched in the NHL and save Orr,Coffey,Gretz and a select few others like Mario and Denis Potvin or Mike Bossy,Pavel ranked up there.

I certainly don't think of Harold Snepts in that category of elite talent.

I can't see the suits dissing one another and honoring Pavel with anything but a statue down at the rink is what will fill the void in a classy manner.

Frankly i am so sick of people talking about his "community" involvement. First of all he came here with a cold welcoming from the management, so what is up with that?

Second, he was english as a second language and that is not the easiest cultural thing to over come.

Third, Keenen did not treat him well, and didn't know how to coach that kind of skill.

I am just so sick of the booo hooo hoooers about his "community involvement" since when do any of you know about community involvement? are you volunteering at the soup kitchens? are you helping to fight homelessness in vancouver? really give me a break. Bure never hurt anyone, he wasn't a mean player... why so strong about his "community involvement? He's an athlete, he's not supposed to be the dalai lama.

Flame away.

Ahhhh the good ole days :) Most explosive agile player ever ! All that crap about his attitude is garbage. He was a man apart that had to protect himself every night from scum like Churla, Mcsorley and who could forget that basurd Steve Smith. He needed to have that chip or he would have been eaten up by all the goons trying to take him out. Pavel Bure's speed and agility made great players look average.

Linden should be in the Hall of Fame just for all his charity work, and what he has done for the team and the city. And honestly for being one of the most respected hockey players in the league from other players. I don't think their is a person that can say something bad about him, seriously.

Nobody can argue that Bure,now in the Hall of Fame,is one of if not the fan favourite of this and the last generation.

Most exciting Canucks forward I ever watched in the NHL and save Orr,Coffey,Gretz and a select few others like Mario and Denis Potvin or Mike Bossy,Pavel ranked up there.

I certainly don't think of Harold Snepts in that category of elite talent.

I can't see the suits dissing one another and honoring Pavel with anything but a statue down at the rink is what will fill the void in a classy manner.

Archived