The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Patrick Mullen

Iv'e expressed my opinion that I don't think MG should be wasting his time signing plugs. Disagreeing with you doesn't make me an attention whore. If everyone all agreed with each other there would be no point in forums or conversation. - just sayin'

I don't care about the AHL in the sense that it should not be a priority. Gillis should be focusing his time on the NHL club before anything else!

I'm being flamed by two clowns who started this whole argument to begin with because they disagree with me.

The 11 +1's on my first post tell me more people agree with me than they do with you.

EDIT: just sayin'

I don't care about the AHL in the sense that it should not be a priority. Gillis should be focusing his time on the NHL club before anything else!

I'm being flamed by two clowns who started this whole argument to begin with because they disagree with me.

The 11 +1's on my first post tell me more people agree with me than they do with you.

EDIT: just sayin'

Look at Aaron Romes stats before he came here. He was NOTHING before AV.

Point is people were saying the same thing about Rome when we signed him. We watched him develop into the Beast he is today.

Iv'e expressed my opinion that I don't think MG should be wasting his time signing plugs. Disagreeing with you doesn't make me an attention whore. If everyone all agreed with each other there would be no point in forums or conversation. - just sayin'

People like you are fake hockey fans, and don't know the business of hockey, you seem like you'd be annoying as hell to watch a Canucks game with. How are they plugs?? Mike Gillis said before July 1st they were gonna sign some young players for the farm, and this is it right here, its not a waste of time. These players develop, and could help the Canucks one day, and hell, maybe win a cup, then would you be complaining? Do you not like the Jason Garrison signing? 3rd in defenceman scoring in the NHL. How do you know he's not trying to sign and trade other players?? His offers have been rejected from Florida and Toronto, so there's plenty of trying, he's the best GM we've ever had and turned this franchise around. Remember 2007-2008? Yeah, so do I, we woulda seen that over and over again had it not been for Mike Gillis.

Why you getting personal bud. I want to win a cup. Signing a couple plugs for the AHL doesn't make the canucks better nor do I care if the Wolves come in last or in first. But that's just me. If you care about the Wolves success, then more power to you. Just don't drag me down to your level of mediocrity.

I can't believe how much animosity this signing has caused...

Seriously though, if this signing has upset you to the point of anger towards other people, then perhaps it's time for you to take a break and go outside.

I really don't know about this guy as I have never seen him play. It is important to keep our affiliate happy though, it's what good GM's do.

Fake hockey fan? As opposed to a real hockey fan such as yourself?

I like hockey; therefore, I am a hockey fan. Not quite sure what you're getting at.

I actually like the Garrison signing (despite the contract) because he actually improves the team that matters!

You say these guys are young, but they're in their mid 20's! They're not going to get any better. They are career AHL'ers

Patrick Mullen is a plug because he's 26 years old and has yet to play a game in the nhl. Derik Joslin is a plug because there's a reason why he was bought out by the Hurricanes. He's not very good.

NO sh*t Sherlock! The AHL is all fine and dandy, but we're trying to win a cup here! We have much greater needs such as a second line winger and a third line centre, and Gills is signing players that are a) in their prime and not going to get better and b have had limited success on teams worse than ours. You say Patrick Mullen is depth, but he's never played a game in the NHL! Yann Sauve is higher on the depth chart than this guy!

But, at the end of the day, I can't take anything you say seriously because you're more interested in winning the Calder cup than the Stanley cup.

I like hockey; therefore, I am a hockey fan. Not quite sure what you're getting at.

I actually like the Garrison signing (despite the contract) because he actually improves the team that matters!

You say these guys are young, but they're in their mid 20's! They're not going to get any better. They are career AHL'ers

Patrick Mullen is a plug because he's 26 years old and has yet to play a game in the nhl. Derik Joslin is a plug because there's a reason why he was bought out by the Hurricanes. He's not very good.

They're plugs? Both of them are getting payed to play hockey... You on the other hand are too busy being the champion of the interwebs... Don't quit your day job.... Oh... wait... :emot-parrot:

Accomplishment's they've done > accomplishment's you've done... AINEC

Haha... oh man... Alex Burrows was once one of those 'plugs' from the AHL. Same with Rick Rypien.

And that AHL team we're signing for helped develop Kesler, Bieksa, Edler, Hansen and Schneider, to name a few. No farm team, no Canucks. You think they can just walk onto the ice ready to roll? Success, even at the minor level, is important for our prospects and future. So yeah there's nothing mediocre about it.

I'd give up on defending yourself on this one, you're gonna look progressively more silly.

NO sh*t Sherlock! The AHL is all fine and dandy, but we're trying to win a cup here! We have much greater needs such as a second line winger and a third line centre, and Gills is signing players that are a) in their prime and not going to get better and b have had limited success on teams worse than ours. You say Patrick Mullen is depth, but he's never played a game in the NHL! Yann Sauve is higher on the depth chart than this guy!

But, at the end of the day, I can't take anything you say seriously because you're more interested in winning the Calder cup than the Stanley cup.

I'm not defending myself. I know I'm right. If anything, I'm going to stop trying to convince the dozen or so close minded clowns that the Canucks is the priority. If you hapless fans think Joslin and Mullen are helpful players, then clearly you guys have jumped ship and should just become Flames fans. They're as mediocre as it gets so you guy's will fit in to that fan base quite nicely. You guys can be satisfied with mediocrity all you want, just don't drag me down to your level.

/end thread.

Good day and good riddance!

Archived