The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Could David Booth Get Us?

I was ecstatic when we got Booth and I'm a huge fan of him and don't want to see him traded. But if the time came where we had to free up some cap space, what do you think he could get for us? I'm think a pick of some kind, a good prospect and maybe a roster player with a smaller cap hit.

Nothing because he has to stay here.

Everyone thinks he had a tough year (once he got here) but I don't understand it at all.

If people expected him to score 30 once he got here keep dreaming, and he would have scored atleast 20 if he didnt get hurt, and he was really starting to find his game when he went down, then when he came back it took him time to find it again.

I think he could have scored 25 if he was healthy all year.

Watch him have a good year next year, trading him would be a big mistake, and if would be purely overreacting/being impatient.

I feel he can still play his best hockey alongside Kesler, they just need a playmaker on that line...or Kesler could just learn how to pass again - he's 2 seasons removed from a 50-assist year.

Booth would easily score 35+ on the top line.

Uh, no. Jeez, it's so hard to go through a thread without seeing another clueless post by none other than, DownUndaCanuck.

Booth played with the Sedins in the last couple of games in the playoffs and he was brutal. 1 assist in 5 games, 3 of which he played alongside Henrik. (2 with Daniel)

He sucked, how could he possibly get 35+ goals?

I agree, I would love to see him there.

As you said we just need to get more of a playmaker on that 2nd line and then there would be a good fit, a solid mix of size, speed. skill, grit, scoring, playmaking.

Well he was one of our best players in the playoffs?

and he could get 35+ the Sedins got Burr 35, and if they can get Burr 35 they can get Booth 35.

I'm not trying to knock Burrows, I absoluetly love the guy but Booth got 30 on his own, I think Burrows might be ableto do it but I'm not 100% sure that he could.

And why did you Quote me then change it?

we want booth....he will have a good year...what killed him was the lack of chemistry with kesler....that line needs a playmaker.....maybe try the amex line again...or put burrows with them....maybe booth plays with the sedins and bur and kes reunite....AV will figure it out....

I feel he can still play his best hockey alongside Kesler, they just need a playmaker on that line...or Kesler could just learn how to pass again - he's 2 seasons removed from a 50-assist year.

Booth would easily score 35+ on the top line.

Just because Burrows can get 35 goals with the twins does not mean everyone can. I'm not a huge fan of Booth, but I understand that he does bring a different element to the team. He's not a powerforward, but he's a great skater that goes hard to the net; a meat and potatoes kind of player. That said, he's a very limited player. Can't dangle or deke well. Below average defensive player. Poor hockey vision. Can't make a decent pass, which brings down his line.

If we get upgrades (read as more than one top six forward), there would be no room for him on the top six, and he's not a player that can have success as a bottom six player. I would move him then, and the return probably wouldn't be high for a player like Booth.

Booth has a very high hockey IQ, he follows the play intelligently and knows where to go/what to do with the puck as a result when he gets it on his stick. He also is able to generate offence off the rush, something sorely lacking on this team (though IMO that has more to do with the system than the players we have on the roster).

Booth until last year, had played his entire career in the east, on a mediocre team in a weak division and was one of the best players on that team. I think that once he gets past the bad luck injuries he will be lights out for us, having been exposed now to the west for most of a season I think he can see now how the style is different and will be able to adjust.

For Booth and Kesler to be offensive powerhouses, we don't necessarily require an elite or semi-elite playmaker on that line, while it will help for sure once set up in the offensive zone and on the powerplay, I think more than anything we need to utilize their strengths which are off the rush offence. During the breakout, let the defence send them bombs. We have the defencemen with the requisite passing skills to pull it off, we just need to let them do it.

I'm predicting a 25-30 goal season for Booth, with about 45-50 points total.

Archived