The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PK's Bodyweight Workout Regimen

Patrick Kane

Some input from the female species: looks great, PK...well done.

One very important element is TO BREATHE during these exercises...some people tend to hold their breath but the oxygen is a very important part in all of this.

As well, keep your body aligned as much as possible (don't have knees too far over toes, etc.). If you dip your body too low, it can put your knees at risk for injury, especially during impact type (jump) squats. Technique is important so focusing on "speed/timing" is likely unnecessary and attention should be on form/technique, breathing and making sure you get the most bang for your buck.

And keep in mind that fruits = sugar. Even some veggies (carrots). Of course, there's no discouraging these options, but too much will also increase overall sugar intake.

One of the BEST things you can do in your lifetime is eliminate pop and sugary drinks...stick to water. The calories you'll saving in this alone will make a difference.

(Yes, this thread is re-motivating me too...I workout at home but, during the summer, spend a lot of time outdoors hiking, biking....so this has reminded to focus on this aspect of things as well. I'm sure an inclusive vs exclusive site, "girls" are allowed too, right?) :)

Another really important element is a quick warm up/cool down/stretch. Stretching afterward will help address some of the stiffness people are encountering...I'd be careful with muscle relaxants (they aren't really intended for post work out stuff).

How does that build strength? I've always questioned that. That's what it's suppose to do, right? As well as make you leaner. A pull up bar and a couple light dumbbells doesn't even come close to replacing what an actual gym offers

Isn't it designed more for beginners with no real training or weight lifting experience? I've seen those before and after photos on TV. A lot of those people look like they've never seen the inside of a gym. I guess I could actually read into it but then again I'm not really interested. You can achieve the same results at the gym and with diet as well anyway, so I have no real reason to try it

But some of the body weight exercises look interesting. I might those at home

Isn't it designed more for beginners with no real training or weight lifting experience? I've seen those before and after photos on TV. A lot of those people look like they've never seen the inside of a gym. I guess I could actually read into it but then again I'm not really interested. You can achieve the same results at the gym and with diet as well anyway, so I have no real reason to try it

But some of the body weight exercises look interesting. I might those at home

It's for people that don't have time to go to the gym everyday, don't want to workout in public etc. It doesn't matter if you've never seen an inside of a gym before, if it gets you leaner and possibly bigger, then why does it matter if you've been inside a gym or not? It would amaze me more if someone was in good shape, and they told me they've never stepped foot in a gym.

And keep in mind that fruits = sugar. Even some veggies (carrots). Of course, there's no discouraging these options, but too much will also increase overall sugar intake.

One of the BEST things you can do in your lifetime is eliminate pop and sugary drinks...stick to water. The calories you'll saving in this alone will make a difference.

Archived