Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Canucks Roster 2 years down the road

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#31 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Do you hear a plane or see Tattoo because i swear your living on fantasy island ?

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#32 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

(With proper development)

Twins - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Jensen
Higgins - Gaunce - Hansen
Friesen - Lapierre - Weise

Pinizzotto, Rodin/ LaBate? Grenier? *Booth

Manny should be gone, same with May Ray and Volpatti (hopefully); with the re-signings needed as soon as next season, I'm not sure someone like Booth gets to stay around if he under-performs

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Connauton - Tanev

Corrado, Sauve

Ballard could get priced out

Schneider
_______ (Lack?)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#33 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Jensen - Kesler - Kassian
Booth - Gaunce - Hansen
Labate? - Lapierre - Weise
Volpatti

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Corrado - Tanev
Sauve/Connauton

Schneider/Lack

Dream Land:
Sedin - Sedin - Doan
Jensen - Kesler - Kassian
Booth - Gaunce - Burrows
Weise - Lapierre - Hansen
Labate

Edler - Weber
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Tanev/Corrado
Sauve/Connauton

Schneider/Lack
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#34 EddieVedder

EddieVedder

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

People keep taking Burrows off the 1st line because you dont often see top lines with three 33 year olds playing together.
I am a huge Burrows fan, he is my favourite Canuck, but even I know he wont be as effective a scorer in 2 years time. Thats not to say he wont be as effective a player, because I think he will be. I think he'll either be on our 2nd or 3rd line by then.
I do think the Sedins will still be first line players in 2 years however. Maybe not in 4, but definetly still in another 2. The way they play together, the chemistry they have, and the way they are able to control the game, makes them very different from other players. Id love to see a Jensen on Kassian with them on that top line.

#35 Conscience

Conscience

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

If Kassian is still on the fourth line in two years, that trade would look terrible. But Doan might not be with us, so Kassian could be on the second.
There is also the Luongo trade and Schroeder to add to that line up.
Dwight Schrute: Where is my desk?
Jim Halpert: That is weird.
Dwight Schrute: This is not funny. This is totally unprofessional.
Jim Halpert: Okay, well you're the one who lost the desk.
Dwight Schrute: I did not lose my desk!
Jim Halpert: Okay, calm down. Where was the last place you saw it?
Dwight Schrute: Okay, who moved my desk!
Jim Halpert: I think you should retrace your steps.

#36 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Sedins-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Jensen
Rodin-Gaunce-Hansen
Sweatt-LaBate-Lapierre

Garrison-Weber
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Connauton-Tanev

Schneider
Lack

#37 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,720 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Schroeder
Burrows - Gaunce - Hansen
Mallet - Lapierre - Sweatt

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Garrison
Edler - Tanev

Schneider
Lack

#38 Nas19

Nas19

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

^^^Kassian has some sick hands. There is no way he is a 4th liner in 2 years. (I know many people have said that already but I just found this video today and I wanted to share it :P)

Edited by Nas19, 11 July 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#39 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Malhotra and Raymond's contracts both end in one more year, so it's unlikely we sign them.

I dunno Gillis has a pretty good relationship with Manny, I could see him sticking around for years to come, but we'll see..
Posted Image

#40 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

Like Suolucidir said, the Sedins are probally going to be top line plays for another 3-5 years in my opinion. The reason for this is so much of their game is based upon their vision, hockey sense, and passing. They have never been super fast or physical players and its speed that is always the first thing to leave ageing players. I can see burrows being placed in a reduced role 3 years from now.. but not the sedins.

there game will get much better before it gets worse , last season was not the greatest but it was an off year , once they get some MOJO going and realize that other then a few players in the NHL actually respect them they will start to want to embarrass the other players in this league and make them look silly. they have the skills they just have the wrong attitude they need to spend a summer with some sort of life coach that will train them to not give a S***. all these years of people calling them sisters and weak etc etc ain't good for confidence they need to get cocky and in your face i know it is the opposite of how they play the game but they would be much better players . in a sense they need to P.Kane / Drew Doughty it up (Douche it up a little)
but they are to classy and don't show off to often other then against Calgary when Hank was in the race for points leader..

either way they will be top 6 (probably 1st line) players until they retire.
My guess is Kesler will not stick around until then.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#41 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Some of these lineups seem closer to 3-5 years from now.

I see almost exactly what we have

Sedin-Sedin-Burr
Booth-Kes-Higgins/Raymond
Kassian-Gaunce/Lapierre-Raymond/Jensen
Jensen/Volpatti-Lapierre/Gaunce-Weise

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 11 July 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#42 nucklehead2

nucklehead2

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Post your rosters for what will be the 2013-14 season!Unfortunately i still believe that this team is one more year away from winning the cup. Looking another a year down the road though, i think what we will end up finding is that perfect balance of verteran player leadership with a mix of youth that will drive up the energy. What i love about the players Gilles is now going to to aquire is they are all players with size, skill, and grit. Think a matured Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce spread out in the lineup so that hopefully we will end up with a lineup that looks something like

Sedins Burrows
Jensen Kesler Doan
Hansen Gaunce Higgins
Kassian Lappierre Volpatti

Weber Edler
Hamhuis Bieksa
Garrison Tanev

Schnieder
Lack

Burrows Doan and Kassian can rotate up and down those lines as fits needs
Let Malhotra walk, trade Booth and Ballard for picks, Raymond for pucks and with that extra 14 Million we can sign Weber for 8 Million, give burrows a raise to 3.5 Mill, resign edler to 5 mill and still leave a couple mill to give lappy tanev and higgins a raise.
Boom Stanley Cup

I would be okay with this roster, in fact barring any major ufa signings besides weber i totally agree

#43 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

Post your rosters for what will be the 2013-14 season!Unfortunately i still believe that this team is one more year away from winning the cup. Looking another a year down the road though, i think what we will end up finding is that perfect balance of verteran player leadership with a mix of youth that will drive up the energy. What i love about the players Gilles is now going to to aquire is they are all players with size, skill, and grit. Think a matured Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce spread out in the lineup so that hopefully we will end up with a lineup that looks something like

Sedins Burrows
Jensen Kesler Doan
Hansen Gaunce Higgins
Kassian Lappierre Volpatti

Weber Edler
Hamhuis Bieksa
Garrison Tanev

Schnieder
Lack

Burrows Doan and Kassian can rotate up and down those lines as fits needs
Let Malhotra walk, trade Booth and Ballard for picks, Raymond for pucks and with that extra 14 Million we can sign Weber for 8 Million, give burrows a raise to 3.5 Mill, resign edler to 5 mill and still leave a couple mill to give lappy tanev and higgins a raise.
Boom Stanley Cup

With the cap up and contracts turning ridiculous, paired with another 45-55 point year from Edler I see way higher cap it. Watch them command be 6.5+.

Also $3.5 million for a 30 goal scorer? Keep dreaming.

Edited by Rypien37, 11 July 2012 - 11:14 PM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#44 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for this thread. My question would be where do the Sedins fit in 2 years from now? Are they still top liners or does Kesler take over that role?

Kesler needs to find a way to stay healthy for the playoffs before he can be the first line guy.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#45 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

Jensen is on the 2nd line but Kassian is on the 4th? Oh lordy!

Also, Doan will probably be retired in 2 years.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#46 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,350 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

Sadly the Sedins will probably be 60-70 point players by then, so we don't really improve that much. Our depth gets better but our top star talent drops quite a bit.

Also, even if we do get Doan, he'll be old and useless in 2 years time. Kesler will most likely be reduced to a shell of his former self after all these injuries and surgeries, and Weber is in his prime right now so might not be in 2 years time.

As for Schneider, he should really be hitting his prime in 2 years time after going through a few playoff loses and gaining experience, but sadly the rest of the team will be too old by then.
Posted Image

#47 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

Sedin Sedin Jensen
Booth Kesler Kassian
Higgins Schroeder Burrows
(Sizable player)Lapierre Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Connauton Garrison

Schneider
Lack

or at least one can dream....

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.