The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Shea Weber to Flyers (OFFERSHEET)

If Edler plays at his best I would take him over Weber. Weber doesn't put fear into other plays unless u count how he is a dirty like bitch that smashes peoples heads in. The only reason we beat Chicago 2 years ago was because Edler put the fear of god into Kane. Kane would just give the puck away fearing Edler was going to run him over again. What Edler's problem last year was I've no idea maybe he was injured? maybe he was sick? Maybe he Just had too much pressure on him? What I do know though is Hamhuis didn't even handle the pressure last year if you want to point a finger at anyone you have to point it at Hamhuis' dive to call a penalty which ended up eliminating the Canucks was just a WTF moment. You would of had to be a complete moron to think that it wasn't a dive.

If Edler plays at his best I would take him over Weber. Weber doesn't put fear into other plays unless u count how he is a dirty like bitch that smashes peoples heads in. The only reason we beat Chicago 2 years ago was because Edler put the fear of god into Kane. Kane would just give the puck away fearing Edler was going to run him over again. What Edler's problem last year was I've no idea maybe he was injured? maybe he was sick? Maybe he Just had too much pressure on him? What I do know though is Hamhuis didn't even handle the pressure last year if you want to point a finger at anyone you have to point it at Hamhuis' dive to call a penalty which ended up eliminating the Canucks was just a WTF moment. You would of had to be a complete moron to think that it wasn't a dive.

There is no way the 4 picks are worth losing the player.

They won't even get to choose the first player until 2013 and it will be 2016 before they choose the fourth player.

Picking at about 25th, you would expect a couple years development time at least before they crack your NHL lineup.

As shown above, you could not get anywhere close to Weber's value by trading the 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 approximately 25th or worse picks.

It is not the picks.

It is the money and term, and whether the league approves the deal.

If the league approves the deal, and Nashville still lets Weber go, they did not want to pay the money (they probably are ok with the long term).

This is what Weber has shown Nashville; that they were not offering fair market value.

I believe Nashville will match the offer and I think that Canucks management thinks so as well.

Vancouver believes Nashville will match any offer so they did not want to create a bad relationship for no return.

LOL, I would take Weber at his worst over Edler at his best. Because Weber is consistent, and consistenly better.

Putting fear into players ????, gentle Edler doesn't do that at all. Maybe once every 10-15 games. Edler is soft.

LOL, I would take Weber at his worst over Edler at his best. Because Weber is consistent, and consistenly better.

Putting fear into players ????, gentle Edler doesn't do that at all. Maybe once every 10-15 games. Edler is soft.

Philly basically screwed it for themselves and everyone else. At least for getting Weber as a free agent.

Only reason: They knew he wouldn't be signing with them as a FA. So they made him a huge offer in the hopes they could get him, no matter how small the chances.

IE. he would sign with Philly if it is between Philly and Nashville.

If he has a choice on the open market, who knows... but Philly knew it wasn't going to be on his list... and Philly knew it.

Hockeyy Insiderr says that the Preds options are to match the deal or arrange a trade with the Flyers.

Why would the Flyers have to trade for him? They already own his rights. Shows how much he knows about hockey.

He claims that the Flyers would offer Coutourier, Schenn, or Voracek, Read, and 2 Firsts! What an idiot.

agree that after I watched that Nashville series, I thought less of Shea weber, he was not dominant whatsoever, and his team this year lost to PHX, again, weber not dominant, he is a great player and I wish the canucks offer sheeted him because it is such a low risk move but I would in no circumstances tear my team apart to get him. That offer of courturier, schenn, read, 2 firsts is a huge overpayment. Philly will be a worse team if they make that trade.

Hockeyy Insiderr says that the Preds options are to match the deal or arrange a trade with the Flyers.

Why would the Flyers have to trade for him? They already own his rights. Shows how much he knows about hockey.

He claims that the Flyers would offer Coutourier, Schenn, or Voracek, Read, and 2 Firsts! What an idiot.

offer sheet voracek for 4.5 mill, philly cannot match that if they get weber and we can trade luongo to make up the picks.

voracek would look real good for us, gives us depth and youth, size, all the stuff gillis has been preaching but not achieving.

Hockeyy Insiderr says that the Preds options are to match the deal or arrange a trade with the Flyers.Why would the Flyers have to trade for him? They already own his rights. Shows how much he knows about hockey. He claims that the Flyers would offer Coutourier, Schenn, or Voracek, Read, and 2 Firsts! What an idiot.

Archived