Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

David Booth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#91 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

LOL, keep trying to find evidence to believe your own delusions, I guess. "Standing up for yourself" does not make you tough, and it certainly doesn't mean that you're a deterrent. Here are some FACTS:

-Brad Marchand low-bridges veteran Sami Salo, leads to an injury: NO PUSHBACK

-Joe Thornton blatantly disrespects Henrik Sedin multiple times, shoving fingers in his face while talking to the ref: NO PUSHBACK

-Duncan Keith targets, elbows, and concusses Daniel Sedin: NO PUSHBACK

That's what happened. So, great for David Booth for fighting twice. That really doesn't mean much. Mike Gillis has had 4 years to address this team's lack of toughness, and he simply has not.

For the Thornton one. That's laughable that you think that something that small requires us to fight their team. Are you part of a gang? He disrespected me, so I had to beat his ass! The refs would have came down hard on us if we would have done anything in that game, giving us a penalty, that could have cost us the game. I realize it's the regular season, but even in the regular season, it's important to show your dominance over other teams by beating them. Would you rather lose the game by 2 goals, but have a bunch of scrums over a finger, and maybe win a fight? Or would you rather win the game, and then us fans rub it in their faces.
And for the other two, there isn't much an enforcer can do these days. Chara can come at you, but all you have to do is decline. He risks being kicked out of the game or suspension if he starts a fight that you refuse to fight it. So I realize that in your head you believe that these tough guys are actually stopping the cheap shots, but in reality they are doing jack to stop them.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.