The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan is in Van today meeting with Canucks

Southpop45

I really hope the Canucks don't sign Shane Doan.

He's old, his production is decreasing.

Why we would pay above 4 and a half million when Jagr signed for 4.5 million.

We really don't need another old player.

I'm gonna get flamed for this I already know, it's just my opinion.

Just look at last seasons playoffs. We had 1 purely skilled top-6 forward in Henrik and the rest powerforwards. Not enough chemistry, and we couldn't score. Meanwhile the Kings had the perfect mix of skill and powerforwards on each line, with Richards, Kopitar, Carter, Gagne on the top 3 lines as the skilled players, and Brown, Richards, Penner, King and Stoll. That's a perfect split, ours is not, and by getting Doan we're only getting even MORE one dimensional and easier to defend against.

Bang on. Yes Doan is tempting but signing this guy to a 4 year deal is a death-wish. Not only is he old, but his style of play means he won't last much longer than 1 or 2 seasons let alone 4.

Besides, the Canucks have enough top-6 powerforwards and not enough skilled top-6 players. Right now we have 2 purely skill top-6 forwards in the Sedins and 4 powerforwards in Kesler, Booth, Higgins and Burrows. The key to playoff success is having a good mix of each right throughout the lineup, instead we have all skilled guys on our top line and 3 powerforwards on the other. With Doan coming in the balance is even more askew.

Just look at last seasons playoffs. We had 1 purely skilled top-6 forward in Henrik and the rest powerforwards. Not enough chemistry, and we couldn't score. Meanwhile the Kings had the perfect mix of skill and powerforwards on each line, with Richards, Kopitar, Carter, Gagne on the top 3 lines as the skilled players, and Brown, Richards, Penner, King and Stoll. That's a perfect split, ours is not, and by getting Doan we're only getting even MORE one dimensional and easier to defend against.

Archived