The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canucks playing for team canada in 2014?

AFrame14

Im reasonably sure there wont even be a Team Canada in Russia 2014 ...it has been an issue that the owners have disagreed with since the beginning ....if you have been paying attention to the little snipits of information that seep out of the talks , the owners want to have a lower % of player costs , this also equates to a higher % of team related revenue....the players will not agree completely so I can see them giving the owners the complete 2014 season with NO NHL olympic representation at all....I can so see this happening !

Im reasonably sure there wont even be a Team Canada in Russia 2014 ...it has been an issue that the owners have disagreed with since the beginning ....if you have been paying attention to the little snipits of information that seep out of the talks , the owners want to have a lower % of player costs , this also equates to a higher % of team related revenue....the players will not agree completely so I can see them giving the owners the complete 2014 season with NO NHL olympic representation at all....I can so see this happening !

Hamhuis will be invited to camp. The guy is a steady rock solid shutdown d-man. Just look at his +/- from the past 2 seasons.

People saying Price and Fleury are the top 2 guys and Lu might be the 4th or 5th goalie is stupid. Lu is the guy to beat for team Canada 2014. If he is healthy and playing like he has been he will be on the top and Fleury and Price will have to take the job from him. Just like Luongo did from Brodeur.

Right now Lu is the guy just because he is the recent gold medal winning goalie. Unless Lu is injured or just goes down hill in the next 2 seasons, Lu will be the guy the beat.

My order would be Lu, Fleury and then Price. Absolutely do not get why Price is somehow the undisputed goalie for team Canada as if the guy has done so much. Fleury is a whole lot more proven then Price...

I disagree

Sure Lu is the recent gold medal winning goalie and he played great and he will probably make the team, but i dont think he will be as good two years down the road, he will be 35 years old! Now obviously brodeur is 40 and can still play good but when he was 38 he could not play as well as he used to and lu stole his job from him.

I think price is a strong possibility for the starting job. i agree that fleury is much more proven then price but he only played good in the playoffs, the only year he did great was 07-08. and price has exceptional stats for playing on a horrible team

Hamhuis. Camp Invite. With the potential injuries to Canada's defensemen, its certainly a possibility.

Burrows: Very remote chance. If they're looking specifically for an elite 2-way player/role player....he may have an outside chance.

Some of the 'stars' in 2010 looked pretty meh....

At the moment most likely will be Luongo, obviously in 2014 he won't be here. A lot can happen in 2 years though. I mean 2 years ago, who would have thought that Luongo would be on his way out and Schnieder would become our starter. I never doubted his ability but thought Schnieder would have been the one traded not Luongo.

IF continues to play well the next few seasons he will be the guy to beat in the camp.  It's not going to be like Price is named the starter and the rest of the goalies are going to battle to take it from him.  LU will be the guy to beat in camp.  Not saying Lu is going to be the starter no matter what.  He still will have to battle for it, by playing well.  IF he doesn't then he won't start.

But I just don't get how Price is already determined the starting goalie 2 years early as if the guy has done so much.  The goalies will have to fight for it.  I really just don't understand the hype for Price.  But I do think if LU is playing well he will start and play the games untill he has an off game.  The Team Canada Management team won't slap him in the face by not bringing him to camp.  

They will be stupid to not give the previous olympic gold medal winning goalie a chance and a look to see what he has got.

Archived