The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Pats agree to terms with CB Brandon Browner. Not signed yet, reportedly just ironing out details. Supposedly a 2 year deal and Browner will have to serve his 4 game suspension to start the year.

Solid/decent signing. He's a very good player yea don't get me wrong but here's the kicker. Browner's only worth it if he stays out of trouble..he pulls even one stupid stunt and Belichick is going to release him.

It's Dynasty week yeah. 5 greatest Dynasties in pro football history.

Packers,Steelers,Cowboys,49ers, Patriots.

Interested to see how the Eagles use Sproles. If he has something left offence is good enough.

Now need major focus on d-line specifically and also getting a damn pass rusher.

That will make the secondary better the more pressure the d-line can get then they won't have to cover as long.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Hoping Edelman doesn't sign with his hometown 49ers.... They don't need any more receivers with the group they have..

They do actually. They need a fast or quick wr who can also either return punts or kickoffs.

Their best deep threat is an injury prone inconsistent TE in Vernon Davis which is pretty sad. They have big wrs like Boldin and Crabtree but they are not fast enough to run past Seattle's corners when they come up to the line to press and jam receivers.

Don't know why they are in on injury prone Nicks either. They should be going after Emmanuel Sanders. He is similar to Edelman in being a slot guy who can return punts.

Difference is unlike Edelman he can also return kickoffs. 49ers badly need a returner.

Either way if Edelman signs with San fran then the Patriots will probably go hard after Sanders who they tried to get last year and keep Amendola around too.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Meanwhile in Tennessee we have signed Charlie Whitehurst...

bye bye clipboard jesus, we're going to miss you in San Diego...actually no we won't but I'm sure going to miss that nickname lol

We need A receiver for him to throw to. Edeltron is visiting with 49ers tomorrow :( Breaks my heart

I think you guys are underestimating how good the draft is this year for wr's. It appears that you failed last year in drafting a wr, but that shouldn't be knock against relying on rookie a wideout. I mean look at my boy Keenan Allen, and their are supposed to be even better receivers this year.

Though I still think you should sign Brandon Lafell, very underrated wr in my opinion who was used mostly for blocking down feild in Carolina, he has speed though and just needs to be in the right system I think

I think you guys are underestimating how good the draft is this year for wr's. It appears that you failed last year in drafting a wr, but that shouldn't be knock against relying on rookie a wideout. I mean look at my boy Keenan Allen, and their are supposed to be even better receivers this year.

Though I still think you should sign Brandon Lafell, very underrated wr in my opinion who was used mostly for blocking down feild in Carolina, he has speed though and just needs to be in the right system I think

I think jury is still out on Dobson and Thompkins. They showed enough last season to give me some hope that they can each reach 650/700 yards 4 TD's each this upcoming season.

Dobson and Thompkins both showed that they can make huge catches... I have full confidence that after a year under their belt that they can improve their game and at least record 5 TD's each and reach around 700 yards each..