The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

its so painful being a chargers fan this year. How do you let the ravens tie there...4th and 29 and they get it by a dump off pass to rice ughh

Im a Ravens fan and you have to admit it was pretty crazy. One of the plays of the year, Team effort. Boldins block was MASSIVE!

Until Munchak and his crappy staff are sent packing, expect more of the same. :picard:

Well they fired Chris Palmer and replaced him with Dowell Loggains. Can`t say I know much about him.

So in my one fantasy league the final week of the regular season is going to be crazy for whoever makes the playoffs.

2 teams at 9-3 and they will get a bye, then it gets interesting.

6-6 vs 3-9

6-6 vs 9-3

5-6-1 vs 5-7

6-6 vs 5-7

9-3 vs 5-6-1

top 2 teams get a bye and then 2-6 play in round 1.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20190375/munchak-fires-oc-chris-palmer-after-4-7-start

Loggains, 32, has been with the Titans since 2006 when he was hired as a coaching administrative assistant. He became quality control coach for the offense in 2008 and 2009 when the late Mike Heimerdinger was the team's offensive coordinator.

A quarterback in college at Arkansas, Loggains was promoted to quarterbacks coach in 2010. He helped Kerry Collins post an 82.2 passer rating that was the third-best of his career, while Vince Young had a 98.6 passer rating that was the best of his career to that point.

Veteran Matt Hasselbeck had the third best season of his career last year with the Titans, throwing for 3,571 yards.

http://www.denverpos...r-bowl-bid-2018

The Denver Broncos and Visit Denver in late August submitted an application to the National Football League's Super Bowl Advisory Committee to bid to host the Super Bowl in 2018, 2019 or 2020.

"We will pursue it along with Visit Denver," Hancock said in a meeting with The Denver Post editorial board on Wednesday. "I think Denver would be head and shoulders above any other city to compete to host a Super Bowl."

Sometime next year the NFL will select the cities to be eligible to submit an official bid to host America's most widely watched sporting event.

Already, Minneapolis, New Orleans and Indianapolis have said they are vying for 2018 — which would be announced at the NFL owners meeting in May 2014.

Edited by vancanfan

Depression next Sunday night will be the one game the eagles show up all season. Vick will return, McCoy will return,they hate the cowboys and are tired of losing.

Devastation

No they won't. Bryce Brown and Nick Foles are both starting. It's unlikely Vick is back this year because they wanna get a good look at what Foles can do. McCoy is out. Jackson is done for the year.

I just hope the Eagles make it a competitive game.

I'm still not sold on the Falcons. Although I just go from what I hear as I haven't seen many Falcons games this year.  Also not sold on the Ravens either.

I think this year more than any in recent memory, there is no clear-cut favorite. The Texans and Falcons both have the records, but fact that neither has won it all in the past, coupled with the manner in which they have won some games makes a lot of people doubt them.

Meanwhile, teams like the Pats, Giants, Ravens, Packers Broncos, Niners and even the Bears look dangerous despite having flaws of their own.

I still like Houston and Atlanta to be in the Super Bowl, but things are definitely wide open this year.

Harbaugh announced Kaepernick as the starter vs the Rams this week. Alex Smith taking it in stride though obviously and understandably a little frustrated.

Personally, I'm not crazy about this decision. All he did wrong was get hit in the head. He was coming off a week where he was the NFL's offensive POW, and looked good in the game he was knocked out of too. He's in year 2 of a career renaissance under Harbaugh, whose system he fits perfectly, and he's one of the NFL's most efficient and consistent passers. He's got chemistry with his receivers, and meshes well with the running backs that are central to the team's success. Kaepernick was good in relief (and played quite well vs the Bears), but he was hardly amazing versus the Saints lousy defence, throwing a pick and relying on two defensive touchdowns by the 49ers excellent D to win that game. Sure, Colin's flashier than Alex, but for a team built around running and defence with a timely and efficient air attack mixed in, I think Alex is the more sound choice in the long run, and all this move does is to sacrifice the long view for questionable short term gain.

Love Brees throwing 5 int's last night and 0 touchdowns for 2 reasons. First being that Brady's got a shot at yet another NFL record now.

second, in my high scoring fantasy league in which we have 11 starting offensive players, starting kicker and def, and 4 starting defensive players, the guy whos running it cheated by creating another team in the league and then after the draft he traded the good players from one team to the other so now he has a super stacked team and is 10-0. I'm playing him this week and he started Brees, Graham and Jones who all didn't meet point expectations. It'd be great to give the cheater his 1st loss.