The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson, Unforgotten Canuck

Yolo764

You mean like how MG said the trade was about getting "balance" for our play off run?

Oh, that did not sell...

Then MG said it was"about the future," presumably to divert pressure from Kassian?

Then it was Hodgson was a bigger headache than all other players put together, for over 3 years.

Now its presumed he asked for a trade...

Then we "pumped up his #'s to make him trade able." Nobody remembers CoHo was an offensive player, now put in offensive situations for the first time in his career??? He had a right to be mad! And led our team in scoring for that month, our best month of the year in January. And Coho scored clutch goal after clutch goal. While our offensive leaders slumped... And then we slumped when we returned him to plugger duty. Who would blame him if he was pissed?

I don't know, remember the way Hodgson avoided the questions about whether he asked for a trade or not?

I was one of Cody's hugest supporters and absolutely loved what he did for Canada in the World Jrs. Far and above the MVP over Tavares in that one, they totally got it wrong.

Regardless, a young number 10 pick from 2008 was traded for a young number 13 pick from 2009. This happens in hockey and it's a very fair hockey trade, similar asset swap that addressed needs on both teams. You guys need to get over it. Obviously there was something, whatever it was, going on behind the scenes.

Say what you want about MG but he is not one to give up on someone or not give them a fair shot (Raymond anyone), or throw them under the bus, especially his highest draft choice ever. Having said that I think the usually diplomatic lawyer in MG had enough when he let comments slip about why Cody was traded. I believe that Cody did bring more problems than the rest of the team and it appears he had a tough time growing up and accepting a team culture, whether that had more to do with his father is non relevant. You can also forget about what the team had to say about him, they blow smoke up each other's arses all day long. It's politics. At the end of the day he was shipped out in order to better the Vancouver Canucks.

I would suggest all the butt hurt folk out there to accept that you do not manage the Canucks and that Cody is not yours to trade or hold on to. Also, give Kassian this year to prove himself. One benefit of the trade is we have a player that has one more year on his ELC, this is the year to start comparing him to Cody, not last year for all you meatballs that say he didn't deliver as expected.

You mean like how MG said the trade was about getting "balance" for our play off run?

Oh, that did not sell...

Then MG said it was"about the future," presumably to divert pressure from Kassian?

Then it was Hodgson was a bigger headache than all other players put together, for over 3 years.

Now its presumed he asked for a trade...

Then we "pumped up his #'s to make him trade able." Nobody remembers CoHo was an offensive player, now put in offensive situations for the first time in his career??? He had a right to be mad! And led our team in scoring for that month, our best month of the year in January. And Coho scored clutch goal after clutch goal. While our offensive leaders slumped... And then we slumped when we returned him to plugger duty. Who would blame him if he was pissed?

I will remenber Cody Hodgson as a self centered, immature but talented player who never bought into being a Vancouver Canuck. He needed his daddy to call the shots, he figured that he could be an instant star without working his way up.

I can excuse his immaturity but he doesn't deserve to be called a Canuck......maybe an anti-Canuck. I hope that when we play against him, Kassian will lay a big hit on him and show him how a real Canuck plays.

I will remenber Cody Hodgson as a self centered, immature but talented player who never bought into being a Vancouver Canuck. He needed his daddy to call the shots, he figured that he could be an instant star without working his way up.

I can excuse his immaturity but he doesn't deserve to be called a Canuck......maybe an anti-Canuck. I hope that when we play against him, Kassian will lay a big hit on him and show him how a real Canuck plays.

Lol at all these people bashing CoHo.

I never heard him once say anything negative about the team or the city, he showed nothing but class and maturity in his interviews and play. His peers said nothing but good things about him. He was and will be a great player.

MG royally screwed up his trade, didn't get appropriate value back, and as the team stands we are in need of a 3rd line center who can step up to the second line. Hmm who fits that criteria???? DOH!

Gillis acts like a butthurt girl after realizing his mistake and throws a rookie under the bus on TV to divert attention from his stupidity. Kassian is great and i think he will do well, but this whole "whiny didn't want to be here" crap is all just a Gillis fabrication. If it's not, then that just means he got absolutely played by a 22 year old.

Archived