The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

What if you like EDM and molly? Nothing wrong with it if you don't abuse it, just don't be stupid.

P.S. How y'all feeling about Contact this year? My friend went last year and said it was the bomb, but looking at the line-ups I think last year's was better...worth it anyways?

I agree, but it's pretty funny (sad?) how many kids that are there that are just so loaded you know they won't even remember the show the next day.

Contacts first day looks a little weak, Dada Life and Baauer should be good. Not too big on Skrillex headlining.

The 2nd day looks unreal, R.L. Grimes, Bingo Players, Dirty South, Kaskade are all ones I've wanted to see, so I'm really excited for it.

Looking back I'm actually thinking it might not have been worth it to get the 2-day ticket based off of who is on the 1st day, but the 2nd day looks like it should be a can't miss.

Edited by Jägermeister

What if you like EDM and molly? Nothing wrong with it if you don't abuse it, just don't be stupid.

P.S. How y'all feeling about Contact this year? My friend went last year and said it was the bomb, but looking at the line-ups I think last year's was better...worth it anyways?

2nd day is better. I think last year's Contact lineup was better, IMO because of Alesso and Nero. That, imo is the only reason why Contact was good last year. But the 2nd day this year is sick. The lineup is sick aside from Skrillex

I agree, but it's pretty funny (sad?) how many kids that are there that are just so loaded you know they won't even remember the show the next day.

Contacts first day looks a little weak, Dada Life and Baauer should be good. Not too big on Skrillex headlining.

The 2nd day looks unreal, R.L. Grimes, Bingo Players, Dirty South, Kaskade are all ones I've wanted to see, so I'm really excited for it.

Looking back I'm actually thinking it might not have been worth it to get the 2-day ticket based off of who is on the 1st day, but the 2nd day looks like it should be a can't miss.

I agree, for me the lineup overall is a bit week considering ticket prices. Not too big on dubstep or trap so the first day is not appealing to me aside from Dada Life.

But the thing is, you'll never be able to please everyone with any lineup (unless you're talking about one of the major festivals like EDC or TomorrowLand) since there are so many sub genres. In the grand scheme of things though, this is the biggest lineup any promoter in Vancouver has ever been able to bring. Love him or hate him (i hate him), Skrillex is huge in the EDM community.

EDC pre-sale out in 40 mins WHOS GOING?

Pre-sale is only for those who went to previous EDC's in the past couple years.. General sale is Dec 2 at noon.. And yes I'm planning on going to my first EDC so I better get tickets!

I'm going next year, I'll be 21 for it but a few of my friends won't, plus why go to Vegas if you're not 21?

I'm going and I'll be 20 but I have a few buds who's 21 so they'll get me alcohol. Vegas isn't all about gambling, raving, and partying... Cheap shopping and food deals is why I went to Vegas when I was still a teenager with my family.

Pre-sale is only for those who went to previous EDC's in the past couple years.. General sale is Dec 2 at noon.. And yes I'm planning on going to my first EDC so I better get tickets!

I'm going and I'll be 20 but I have a few buds who's 21 so they'll get me alcohol. Vegas isn't all about gambling, raving, and partying... Cheap shopping and food deals is why I went to Vegas when I was still a teenager with my family.

If you go congrats man. EDC is by far the best thing ive ever been to. Tomorrowland doesnt even compare.