The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

Not a huge fan of Above & Beyond, although I admit they are very talented, just not my cup of tea.

I was never really a Knife Party fan at all until I saw them live. Those guys can absolutely kill it.

In all honesty, I think I enjoyed seeing Knife Party as much as, if not more than I enjoyed seeing Hardwell.

Both were amazing though.

Yeah. Both are amazing live I know that but I much rather see Hardwell.. I didn't have the extra cash to go to FreakNight to see Hardwell and the rest of the lineup and since he's coming here, I might as well

I feel as though a lot of people are going to go to Armin Van Buuren who have never listened to or followed EDM just because of "This is what it feels like"

Jeez you brought up a good point.. Didn't even think about that.

Kinda like how the generic people only like Avicii cuz of Levels and then that's it.

Alesso was sick. Kind of funny the sound cut out on him though.

Also apparently some kid overdosed and died. Now EDM is gonna get more bad rep because of this whole Molly epidemic going on right now.

I can't stand people who don't follow or don't listen to EDM of any sorts and use a show like this as an excuse to get f***** up on drugs.

#amateurs

Edited by Armada
  • Upvote 1

Also apparently some kid overdosed and died. Now EDM is gonna get more bad rep because of this whole Molly epidemic going on right now.

I can't stand people who don't follow or don't listen to EDM of any sorts and use a show like this as an excuse to get f***** up on drugs.

#amateurs

Seriously? My God.... Screw these kids who think you have to take drugs to enjoy the music.

• Upvote 1

#amateurs

Had one of the best nights yesterday in a long time. Yea, I've never felt the need to pop for stuff like this, I'm a huge Alesso fan and didn't want to get so F'd up that I wouldn't be able to remember and enjoy seeing him live.

If anyone wants to get pissed off at Rolling Stone magazine watch this:

Lol what a joke. Where to even start.

Does the creator of this not realize that many of the greatest rock performers were tied in with drug use?

Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards, Jim Morrison, Pink Floyd, and countless others are all just as/more tied in with drugs than EDM culture is.

No audience will chant a DJ's name? They'll never know the songs by heart? Go to just one show and that myth is debunked.

People saying that EDM isn't real music, or that it takes no talent to make piss me off to no end.

What Rolling Stone did with this video is essentially what people in the 1950's were branding Rock and Roll as.

All in all, a hypocritical piece of fluff.

Edited by Jägermeister