The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

Seems like recently they've given us the bottle caps whereas before, they would remove it for us and dump it leaving us with no cap.

Seems to me like they may have something to do with all the deaths happening at raves lately.

This is a promising banger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0U8gCzoOX4

Also a pretty funny video someone made of Ron Burgundy playing it :lol:

Seems to me like they may have something to do with all the deaths happening at raves lately.

That wouldn't make sense.. If the cap wasn't kept on, then people can't just shake the bottle after placing drugs in it. Cuz it wouldn't dissolve quickly unless you shake it. If they let us keep it, it just allow people to slip em in easier

Nice how much did you pay for em?

Bought the third tier ones online ughh, 82.50 a piece but he will defs we worth it. I should have copped them during first tier but I was hesitant bcuz I have so many papers due and a midterm next week too! All in all I don't care if I get to him live lol. Anybody going to the after party?

Bought the third tier ones online ughh, 82.50 a piece but he will defs we worth it. I should have copped them during first tier but I was hesitant bcuz I have so many papers due and a midterm next week too! All in all I don't care if I get to him live lol. Anybody going to the after party?

Ouch... Well I overslept for his first presale but was lucky to get the second presale at $60.. SO pumped for Alesso.. GOt my t-shirt customized with his logo on it today so I'm ready.

I remember this phase. Does anyone else think the rave/edm scene is wack out here in van. Were getting big names but the atmosphere is just psychotic at raves these days.

I have pictures of a few people passed out at venues lololol Edited by EB²

That wouldn't make sense.. If the cap wasn't kept on, then people can't just shake the bottle after placing drugs in it. Cuz it wouldn't dissolve quickly unless you shake it. If they let us keep it, it just allow people to slip em in easier

It's been to my understanding (my friend is a promoter for Blueprint Events) that water bottle caps haven't been given out in the past for the following reasons:

1) Security at these things are very worried about "weapons". I don't agree with it, but that's why they don't let you bring in those thick glow sticks. A full water bottle with a cap on it could be thrown around and hit someone and hurt them. But if it doesn't have a cap, the water spews out and it becomes less dangerous

2) A water bottle, regardless of if it has water in it or not, with a cap on is very dangerous if someone steps on it. Considering the thousands of people who are dancing and how dark it is, it becomes easy for anyone to roll their ankle or trip

Again, I can't say i 100% agree with this, but for the promoters and the venue it's safety first. The first time I noticed them starting to give out the caps was at Life In Colour (beginning of September). IMO, from all the deaths that happened during festival season in the summer, they decided it was best to keep people hydrated better

I remember this phase. Does anyone else think the rave/edm scene is wack out here in van. Were getting big names but the atmosphere is just psychotic at raves these days.

It's cuz they're always all ages and people hate all ages because the younglings (meaning people who aren't legally able to buy alcohol) do wacko things like take too much MDMA or drugs or whatever and end up either overdosing, passing out, or wasting the money they spent to see the DJs and end up in the washroom all night.

It's cuz they're always all ages and people hate all ages because the younglings (meaning people who aren't legally able to buy alcohol) do wacko things like take too much MDMA or drugs or whatever and end up either overdosing, passing out, or wasting the money they spent to see the DJs and end up in the washroom all night.

Pretty much. I don't like going to the all ages shows.

I know someone who can't even tell you how a show was because she was too high to remember it.

Edited by Canuck_83

Sorry, but Hardwell > Above & Beyond and Knife Party combined.

Not a huge fan of Above & Beyond, although I admit they are very talented, just not my cup of tea.

I was never really a Knife Party fan at all until I saw them live. Those guys can absolutely kill it.

In all honesty, I think I enjoyed seeing Knife Party as much as, if not more than I enjoyed seeing Hardwell.

Both were amazing though.

Edited by Jägermeister