The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Ambassador Killed in Libya

DonLever

Over the next couple of days US will launch missiles into Lybia and perhaps Sudan and Yemen.

Americans will hit back hard for this.

The same militias the US armed a couple of months ago to oust Gadaffi will be targeted.

Looks like the whole idea of democracy in the Arab lands was not very well thought out.

Over the next couple of days US will launch missiles into Lybia and perhaps Sudan and Yemen.

Americans will hit back hard for this.

The same militias the US armed a couple of months ago to oust Gadaffi will be targeted.

Looks like the whole idea of democracy in the Arab lands was not very well thought out.

Because of a few right wing, redneck douchebag christians the right wing, redneck douchebag muslims are all up in arms. Meanwhile the silent MAJORITY is just that SILENT.

It would be nice if the MAJORITY wouldn't give these MORONS the time of day, but that isn't how society operates. Sad. History repeats itself time and again

this is why I am quite certain that no one rioting actually watched it (they probably don't understand the english for one).

any serious person that watched it would viewed the video will treat it with ridicule and disbelief, not take offense.

Because of a few right wing, redneck douchebag christians the right wing, redneck douchebag muslims are all up in arms. Meanwhile the silent MAJORITY is just that SILENT.

It would be nice if the MAJORITY wouldn't give these MORONS the time of day, but that isn't how society operates. Sad. History repeats itself time and again

So are you intimating that the US "thought out" and thus planned the Arab Spring? .. and did you know that drone attacks in those countries are a regular occurrence? .. I believe there will be reprisals against one particular Libyan militia, and they will make every effort to arrest and try and punish the perpetrators as an example .. personally, I would Bin-laden them .. sudden death and ignominious "burial at sea" .. let their followers "worship" the Mediterranean ..

Bet you $100 that won't happen. US isn't going to attack Libya, Sudan and Yemen, otherwise they would be just as bad if not worse than the rioters. Maybe in your dreams that happens but not in reality. Plus, US just can't afford to attack random countries every year.

I won't bet you $100 but how about a fun bet. You can say "i told you so" LOL.

US will definitely go after some of the militias linked to Al Qaeda that operate in Libya. They just killed the American Ambassador. It has to be avenged.

From my friend who studied Hebrew in Israel

If you’re like me, and you’ve been hearing about all these attacks on embassies and the anti-Islam movie, and you’re wondering what’s going on, this video (http://bit.ly/O5hBnL) is a great quick summary. It explains how a condemnable anti-Isalm movie (one that calls Muhammad a pedophile) made its way from a local American theater into the Arab world. This is the movie trailer (http://bit.ly/OGSqU5). A summary of the violence in the Arab world which included the murder of Christopher Stevens in Libya is recorded in this Al-Jazeera article (http://aje.me/Q7QDaC). Make sure to look at the map at the bottom which shows all the places across the world where embassies have been attacked. It is really unbelievable.

Now, I don’t feel adequate to say what I’m about to say, but I feel obligated. “Arab,” “Muslim,” and “Jihadist” are not all the same things. “Arab” has to do with ethnicity, and as I understand it, this basically applies to anyone who speaks Arabic as their first language. Just because you hear someone speaking Arabic or see a woman’s head covered with a hijab doesn’t make them devote Muslims. These could just be Arab cultural norms in action. “Muslim” is a religious category. Yes, most Arabs are Muslims, and if you ever learn any Arabic, you will see that Islamic and religious terminology is just built into the language. It is literally everywhere. However, many Arabs are Christians and many westernized Arabs are Agnostics or Atheists. Arab does not equal Muslim. “Jihadists” or “fanatics” are radical Muslims, and they, like fundamentalists in any religion, are to be condemned for their actions. Of course, Islam is more conservative in some places (Saudi Arabia) than others (Palestine). If you want to argue that aggressive expansion and violence are basic to the religion that Muhammad founded, I’m not going to argue with you. For this reason, there will probably always be Muslim fanatics, but that does not make all Muslims fanatics or all Arabs fanatics-and it should not bleed over into how we think about them or treat them. Also, I refuse to believe that all Muslims are part of some sinister plot, cooked up by Satan or something, to take over the whole planet and end Democracy as we know it. I have simply met too many wonderful Muslims during my travels in Israel, Palestine, Jordan, and Egypt. Many of them had an open mind and were respectful of my Christianity and Western perspective. They were also very kind and hospitable to me. Basically, what I’m saying is this: don’t condemn what you don’t understand just because it makes you feel certain about something. We should always suspend certainty in favor of finding the truth, even if it’s very complex and takes us a while to wrap our minds around. To call someone an “Ay-rab” is racist. To condemn out of control behavior and the taking of human life by religious fanatics is something else entirely. I think we owe it to ourselves to recognize the world is more complex than we think it is and to adjust our minds accordingly. Feel free to banter this around with me. I’m not a scholar, just, in the words of my sister, some dude who lived in Israel for a year.

US about to start kicking a$$. They just pulled their ppl out of Sudan and Tunisia.

Obama gonna hit hard. Elections around the corner and Romney questioning his resolve.

They just conquered Libya and their Ambassador gets killed.

In the words of VP Biden this is a big F in deal.

Archived