The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 2[Taking Applications]

DollarAndADream

Manual Waivers?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Carolina made a mistake with Rask( it could happen)

This is a one of a kind thing that the Commish and BOG's could rectify.

Next season send Rask back to Carolina.

Why change all the rules for one mistake or oversight.

The Ballard thing is somewhat different as it was not a mistake.

I'm tracking nothing. Honor system. you get caught, you should get thrown. End of story. I've spent enough time in this league working my balls off to be treated like I'm some sort of idiot asshole. Impose a three 1st penalty for signing UFAs mid-season, and Colorado is available. You're talking about people deliberating abusing the system and us being too ignorant to notice vs people managing their cap space properly and making good signings. You know what your cap space is. If you sign over it and try to bury a contract, you're cheating. End of story. You know you're cheating, and if you're burying an Ovie, or a Crosby, or a Getzlaf in the minors during the season for cap reasons, you and everyone else knows your cheating. No one is winning the Cup because they signed a 75 at the deadline to fill a gap.

Good enough. Clearly my fault, because I was the one who turned a discussion about the morality of giving a prospect 9m you don't intend to pay him into a threat about forfeiting 3 first-round picks to sign goddamn Matt Hunwick or some trash so I didn't have to play a 63 in the playoffs.

Actually it went from Edmonton using their 9 million in cap space to secure a huge piece to their team, preventing them of acquiring any other pieces for the rest of the offseason, to teams hiding players like Ballard in the minors all year, and using him for 26 games in the playoffs and making it to the stanley cup finals to coming up with ways on how we can prevent this from happening.

See it how you wish.

People said they don't have a problem with the Ballard scenario or if they do, no one has proposed a way to fix anything, so until that happens it's a non issue.

Carolina had 4 days to qualify or sign him, you can't penalize people after they do something legit. That's the problem when we try to sort things out after the fact. Yet no one wants to make rules. So we'll learn for next time. Let's let Trav decide.

Archived