Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DollarAndADream

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 2[Taking Applications]

Manual Waivers?   28 votes

1. 1. Manual Waiver Situation. First come first serve or 24 hour claiming?

• First come first serve
    • Wait 24 hours and do a random draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,943 posts in this topic

You are clearly not reading what I posted....

Iginla and Stajan have been traded to Ottawa for Filatov, Daugavins, and a 3rd

Feels like a dictatorship. Why not just make it so players 75 an lower can be placed in the minors without consequence.

Calgary you owe me Teravainen when I get back from the US.

Carolina made a mistake with Rask( it could happen)

This is a one of a kind thing that the Commish and BOG's could rectify.

Next season send Rask back to Carolina.

Why change all the rules for one mistake or oversight.

The Ballard thing is somewhat different as it was not a mistake.

And make at rule that ufa's asking for a 2-way contract cannot be offered a 1-way contract and all of this will be avoided.

And make at rule that ufa's asking for a 2-way contract cannot be offered a 1-way contract and all of this will be avoided.

This is by far, the fairest and least tedious idea so far lol

And I still don't see the reasoning behind not letting us sign players during the regular season.

Who is worth anything in free agency? Am I running the risk of being thrown out of the league for a 77?

I'm tracking nothing. Honor system. you get caught, you should get thrown. End of story. I've spent enough time in this league working my balls off to be treated like I'm some sort of idiot asshole. Impose a three 1st penalty for signing UFAs mid-season, and Colorado is available. You're talking about people deliberating abusing the system and us being too ignorant to notice vs people managing their cap space properly and making good signings. You know what your cap space is. If you sign over it and try to bury a contract, you're cheating. End of story. You know you're cheating, and if you're burying an Ovie, or a Crosby, or a Getzlaf in the minors during the season for cap reasons, you and everyone else knows your cheating. No one is winning the Cup because they signed a 75 at the deadline to fill a gap.

You are the one complaining about teams not being fair and burying contracts in the minors but now you are saying you are fine with it.

The solution is this: We know our cap space. Use it properly, or you're cheating. Right? Isn't that the basics?

The only reason this conversation is going on is because you flipped your lid with Edmonton, I tried to address your concerns no one wants to change anything so that's fine with me. This topic is over then

Good enough. Clearly my fault, because I was the one who turned a discussion about the morality of giving a prospect 9m you don't intend to pay him into a threat about forfeiting 3 first-round picks to sign goddamn Matt Hunwick or some trash so I didn't have to play a 63 in the playoffs.

Actually it went from Edmonton using their 9 million in cap space to secure a huge piece to their team, preventing them of acquiring any other pieces for the rest of the offseason, to teams hiding players like Ballard in the minors all year, and using him for 26 games in the playoffs and making it to the stanley cup finals to coming up with ways on how we can prevent this from happening.

See it how you wish.

People said they don't have a problem with the Ballard scenario or if they do, no one has proposed a way to fix anything, so until that happens it's a non issue.

The most logic solution is that we treat this like an offer sheet, the Oilers GM must send 4 1st rounders to Carolina.

Think of it as like a trade.

Carolina had 4 days to qualify or sign him, you can't penalize people after they do something legit. That's the problem when we try to sort things out after the fact. Yet no one wants to make rules. So we'll learn for next time. Let's let Trav decide.

Edmonton didn't do anything wrong. He was a UFA they had the capspace, we'll make sure he doesn't sign anyone else and find a loophole out of it.

The most logic solution is that we treat this like an offer sheet, the Oilers GM must send 4 1st rounders to Carolina.

Think of it as like a trade.

On a side note, for personal reasons, I'm stepping down from the BoG, please forward all concerns to the remaining members.

Thank-you.