Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Alex Edler Signing Today? Who Else?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Simple Question:

Will Alexander Edler sign a contract extension with the Vancouver Canucks by 11:59PM tonight or not? If he doesn't, what will the consequences be? Also, do you think Vancouver is trying to get him to sign and he just isn't agreeing on the terms?

Also, who else do you think the Canucks will sign? And when?

#2 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

I just got off the phone with him, he said he and his agent are looking for 4.5 - 5.5 million for 6 years but Gillis is adamant on keeping all the Dmen's cap hits around Hammers.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#3 Dirt Nasty

Dirt Nasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

10/10 thread will read again! haha jk, I thought the deadline for signing players was before 2pm today. I do think the canucks have been trying to sign Edler, seeing how he is our number 1 dman, but maybe he feels they are low balling him because of his playoff performance this year and refuses to sign a contract under a certain number of yrs/money. Who really knows whats going on behind the scenes, I just hope he stays a canuck for a long time, or someone seriously overpays for him and we come out a better team.

Edited by Dirt Nasty, 14 September 2012 - 07:43 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Vancouver_Canucks17

Vancouver_Canucks17

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

JUS HOPE HE CUMES BACK to Vancouver Canucks :)

#5 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

10/10 thread will read again! haha jk, I thought the deadline for signing players was before 2pm today. I do think the canucks have been trying to sign Edler, seeing how he is our number 1 dman, but maybe he feels they are low balling him because of his playoff performance this year and refuses to sign a contract under a certain number of yrs/money. Who really knows whats going on behind the scenes, I just hope he stays a canuck for a long time, or someone seriously overpays for him and we come out a better team.

The 2pm thing is the recommended time for contracts to be submitted to ensure they get processed under the current CBA (which expires tomorrow night). If they're submitted later, they could still get approved but it's just not as likely. There might be a few more contracts that get submitted though.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#6 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,501 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

http://forum.canucks...lks-with-edler/

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#7 Ryanstorm

Ryanstorm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

No more than 5.1 mil for 5 years. I don't see him signing for any less than 4.6 but who knows maybe we get lucky and he takes a discount to be on a good team.

10n8i06.jpg

#8 Dirt Nasty

Dirt Nasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

The 2pm thing is the recommended time for contracts to be submitted to ensure they get processed under the current CBA (which expires tomorrow night). If they're submitted later, they could still get approved but it's just not as likely. There might be a few more contracts that get submitted though.

Ok thanks, wasnt 100% sure on that topic, I dont see Edler signing before tomorrow, im thinking he may try to test out free agency like Ehrhoff did and get a ridiculous contract. Hope im wrong and he stays loyal, but every player isn't in it just to stay loyal to the team that drafted them.
Posted Image

#9 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Trade him or sign him....DON"T lose him to Free Agency!!!!!
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#10 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,660 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.