The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Edler Signing Today? Who Else?

VanCan2013

Simple Question:

Will Alexander Edler sign a contract extension with the Vancouver Canucks by 11:59PM tonight or not? If he doesn't, what will the consequences be? Also, do you think Vancouver is trying to get him to sign and he just isn't agreeing on the terms?

Also, who else do you think the Canucks will sign? And when?

10/10 thread will read again! haha jk, I thought the deadline for signing players was before 2pm today. I do think the canucks have been trying to sign Edler, seeing how he is our number 1 dman, but maybe he feels they are low balling him because of his playoff performance this year and refuses to sign a contract under a certain number of yrs/money. Who really knows whats going on behind the scenes, I just hope he stays a canuck for a long time, or someone seriously overpays for him and we come out a better team.

10/10 thread will read again! haha jk, I thought the deadline for signing players was before 2pm today. I do think the canucks have been trying to sign Edler, seeing how he is our number 1 dman, but maybe he feels they are low balling him because of his playoff performance this year and refuses to sign a contract under a certain number of yrs/money. Who really knows whats going on behind the scenes, I just hope he stays a canuck for a long time, or someone seriously overpays for him and we come out a better team.

The 2pm thing is the recommended time for contracts to be submitted to ensure they get processed under the current CBA (which expires tomorrow night). If they're submitted later, they could still get approved but it's just not as likely. There might be a few more contracts that get submitted though.

Archived