Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

:D

Retro Gaming - Which old (10+ years) games do you play?

166 posts in this topic

Mario Party never gets old. I wish there was a new version that had all the mini games from all the Mario Partys.

Super Mario Bros, Pokemon stadium, Pokemon Yellow , Pokemon Gold and Crystal. Rollercoaster tycoon.

Few games that I still go back to.

1. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - To me, the greatest game ever made.

2. River City Ransom - Really ahead of it's time for consol gaming.

3. Who Framed Roger Rabbit - I finished this game once, when I was 19 in university. Otherwise, Judge Doom was impossible to beat. Love this game.

4. Maniac Mansion - I love this game, but I don't know why I still play it. I can never get past 20 minutes of this game without dying.

5. Police Quest - This list is in no particular order, but Police Quest 1 is in my top 5 games of all time.

I was going to start a thread like this the other day.

So I'll just ask this in here: What games do you guys recommend for purchase on the XBOX Live Marketplace, or Wii back catalogue? Any hidden gems?

I'm playing through Donkey Kong Country right now, and it's wonderful. Really making me miss the glory days. I'll grab Ocarina of Time as well, because I'm positive I never beat it back then, and that's annoying me now.

A little less well-known but definitely an all time fave of mine was Ogre Battle 64. This game put FF, Zelda and any other RPG game you can throw at me from that era to shame.

Super Mario Bros, Pokemon stadium, Pokemon Yellow , Pokemon Gold and Crystal. Rollercoaster tycoon.

What games do you guys recommend for purchase on the XBOX Live Marketplace, or Wii back catalogue? Any hidden gems?

Ah man, now I have to go find Heroes of Might and Magic. That game was so good.

I'll always play some Final fantasy3/6 on the SNES or some Ninja Gaiden on nes. One day I will beat it. Been trying for 15 years.

Also played some Mario RPG on my phone emulator. Good memories

A little less well-known but definitely an all time fave of mine was Ogre Battle 64. This game put FF, Zelda and any other RPG game you can throw at me from that era to shame.

the old gameboy pokemon games, final fantasy games from ps1, Chrono Trigger(one of my favs), legend of dragoon my first game system was playstation although i did play a lot of all the old mario games and sonic too I just dont go back to them on my PC and i dont have the console, where as the ps1 games i put on my psp

Final Fantasy II

River City Ransom

Street Fighter II

X-com: Terror From the Deep

Sim City Deluxe 4 (not sure if its 10+ years)

I remember getting an Xbox a couple of years ago and spending the first week playing Tetris from Xbox Live.

People thought it was weird.

Old games are the best games.

I wanna add:

Rayman 2: The Great Escape

The Lost Vikings

Syphon Filter

Pokemon: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal

Dungeon Keeper

Dynasty Warriors 4 (It'll be 10 years next year).

Zoo Tycoon

The Sims

SimCity 3000

Spyro the Dragon

the first Crash Bandicoot

Wipeout XL

NHL 94

That's all I got for now...

Moar!

Driver 1

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Just found my Sonic the Hedgehog and NHL '94 for Sega Genesis...my week has been soooooooooooooo slack as a result.

Edit: Whoa, in looking it up, the title was intentional. +1 cool points to this game I've never played.

Empire Earth, such an amazing game! I've been playing it since it was released!