Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bure's triple deke

[Video] Alex Burrows: The Backhand Deke

33 posts in this topic

:(

What are we gonna do without this .....

The Ruutu move!

I love it, Burrows does this deke perfectly.

From a goalie's perspective, i'll tell you why we always get fooled by this and why its such a beauty of a move.

Yes, we know that Burrows is going to do it. All the time. But to save a backhanded move that is perfected to that calibre (moving us to the side and putting it top shelf), we have to be fully committed to pushing off and hugging that far post. Fully committed. Which means we can't decide last minute we want to do it because we won't get over in time.

What does that mean? That means if we're fully committed, a guy like Burrows will easily be able to tell by our position in the net, and he could shoot to score 100 percent of the time and beat us. So we have to somehow show that we're ready for a shot, but put ourselves so out of position we can get over to stop that backhander at the same time.

And the most beautiful part about the move is he does it at a distance that's too far for us to utilize our pokecheck. So our only hope? Pretty much that he somehow misses the net/fumbles the puck

What memories this brings back,Burrows to the backhand.....goal!!

Nice thread :) I love this move, and he does it so well. To mix it up, sometimes he actually goes with the wrist shot. I'm curious the success rate of the forehand vs fake to backhand?

I love how he completely faked thomas out of his goal crease. lol

I love how he completely faked thomas out of his goal crease. lol

Remember the one against Carolina the ended up being the game winner and also ended our losing streak some years back?

That goal in Toronto, not last year, but the year before I believe it was, was the start of a comeback 5-3 win, he just always scores big goals, he's Mr. Clutch