Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Good Scary Movies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#61 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

[REC] was really good

part two was so, so, so, so, so bad.

Watch part 1, don't watch part 2.

212e8lw.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#62 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'd go with The Shining, my personal favorite of all time.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#63 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

I'd go with The Shining, my personal favorite of all time.

Yeah this is one of the movies I am thinking about watching. I have seen some clips here and there looks really good.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

I watched the Shining for the first time when I was like 13... For most of the movie, I was like, "What the f**k is going on!?" When looking at the wife, I kept thinking, I'd kill her too.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#65 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

I watched the Shining for the first time when I was like 13... For most of the movie, I was like, "What the f**k is going on!?" When looking at the wife, I kept thinking, I'd kill her too.

You would kill your wife? What?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

So tomorrow I am going to go watch House at the End of the Street with a couple of friends and was wondering if anyone has seen?

Good? Ok? Crap?

Watched the movie End of Watch instead, but how was House at the End of the Street?

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 28 September 2012 - 09:16 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#67 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,469 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

I assume you're watching the recent version. It's not bad, and I enjoyed how they tried to keep some of the story of the original, but wasn't anywhere near as shocking as the original was considering the time it came out.

I watched the original prior to watching the remake, and it was like watching any old movie - not the same production value and all that - but there were points where you could see how it was way over what would have been shown at that time. The remake doesn't try and one up that for the current time period but tries to remake it with current production values. They modernize it a little too, but not bad, just not really scary so much.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#68 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

I assume you're watching the recent version. It's not bad, and I enjoyed how they tried to keep some of the story of the original, but wasn't anywhere near as shocking as the original was considering the time it came out.

I watched the original prior to watching the remake, and it was like watching any old movie - not the same production value and all that - but there were points where you could see how it was way over what would have been shown at that time. The remake doesn't try and one up that for the current time period but tries to remake it with current production values. They modernize it a little too, but not bad, just not really scary so much.

I assume we are talking about House at the End of the Street. If so then would you say it is a movie that is better watching it in theatres or waiting for it to come out on Netflix.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.